Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL

+17
bulldozer
BinRat
Rifleman
bosn181
Iceman
propat
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Vet1234
czerv
Teager
Sailor63
Tango-33
exarmyguy
Armygunner
bigrex
Ireland102
21 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

PFL  - Page 12 Empty Re: PFL

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 12:56

Artie Simm wrote:
Supremedebater wrote:Also, is the option of a lump sum still an option for people that do get the pfl? I am very interested in seeing who decides to sue when shit hits the fan.
suing will only mean another 5 years waiting to see if you're entitled to anything,and the outcome will probably be no

Not to mention in another five years will have a new version 4.0 with a different government in power.

It really doesn’t matter who is in power they can’t seem to get it right no matter how much money they throw into the system, waste, or return the Veterans money that was budget for improvement into the so called system.  Radical changes in VAC is needed, it’s not the Veterans that are derailing the system it’s Senior management that guides the staff in a system that is designed to cause delays and backlogs. (And also designed to protect there jobs thru purposely delaying work, the Union is also part of the problem here.  BS if they can’t fix the backlog, they have been talking  about backlogs for years. All VAC does is say sorry for the delays when you talk to them.  How about a novel idea about actually fixing the problem.)  

Privatization in my opinion is the way to go with a non profit board made up Veterans and lead by a business organization that has experience with a non profit oriented budget minded group.

Last edited by Steelgunner on Sat 24 Nov 2018, 13:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sat 24 Nov 2018, 12:45

PFL  - Page 12 A559a810
PFL  - Page 12 A559a810

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 10:01

Supremedebater wrote:Also, is the option of a lump sum still an option for people that do get the pfl? I am very interested in seeing who decides to sue when shit hits the fan.
suing will only mean another 5 years waiting to see if you're entitled to anything,and the outcome will probably be no

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 23 Nov 2018, 23:53

Yes, and to add insult to injury, this is the same government who just drastically increased the lump sum award amounts, and paid everyone a hefty top up. just to turn around and use it to further reduce these monthly pensions. So because of that top up, potentially, my 25% PLF went from being cut by 1/3, to almost half.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 23 Nov 2018, 19:45

Also, is the option of a lump sum still an option for people that do get the pfl? I am very interested in seeing who decides to sue when shit hits the fan.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 23 Nov 2018, 19:42

Also, is the option of a lump sum still an option for people that do get the pfl? I am very interested in seeing who decides to sue when shit hits the fan.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 23 Nov 2018, 18:21

How can one vet get further money then another vet get sfa? One vet gets more if they’re 100% but if your disabled at 60% you don’t get anything? This all is so fubar. How is it that they will have to calculate if someone should get more? No one has received a lump sum that applies to the age of 80 years old. Makes no sense. There will be lawsuits!

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Fri 23 Nov 2018, 18:19

PFL Lump-Sum,

if you go through the examples VAC has provided showing Vets who have taken an LS award and one that has not there is no mention on either example of an LS payout. Look at Jamals worksheet the only mention of LS is "His Critical Injury Benefit will be delivered in a lump sum"

VAC does not want to release the important data on the LS award until such time they feel fit to.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

Last edited by Armygunner on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 18:22; edited 1 time in total

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by exarmyguy Fri 23 Nov 2018, 17:21

so in follow up to me asking dva to recheck on lump  sum payments for people who already got some where they said there maybe  a monthly payment but no lump sum.  here is what they sent me just now.

Thank you for using My VAC Account and our secure email services.

Let me help to clarify this for you. If you've already received
a Disability Award in the past, Pension for Life may entitle
you to an additional monthly payment for life. This will be outlined
and explained in the letter that will be issued to you. After
April 1st, there will no longer be lump sum Disability Award
payments issued to clients.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact
us again via My VAC Account or our toll-free number, 1-866-522-2122.

Sincerely,

Mass Di Geronimo

National Contact Centre Network Analyst
Veterans Affairs Canada

exarmyguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 23 Nov 2018, 16:14

That's the thing. They say that they will add 1% every year, so someone who releases after 11 years, would get an additional 1% for nine years, but they don't explain how it will be applied, and the differences could be a few hundred dollars every year. Plus, we don't know if these increases will be applied to existing ELB recipients, or if it's only going to benefit future Veterans, who get the new IRB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 15:01

bigrex wrote:They are saying that there will be a 1% increase, for every year, under 20 years served, until you hit that 20 year mark. But what is unclear is if that means that there will be a 1% increase of your benefit, so if you get $4000/month, the increase would be $40? Will it increase the % of your pre-release pay, so that it's possible to get up to 100%, if you were medically released with 10 years or less?

And what happens to those of us who were medically released several years before we even started getting ELB. For example, I released with 15 years, in 2006, and I've been on EELB since 2012. Am I even going to be eligible for these increases. Are they going to be retro active? Still so many unanswered questions.
pardon Mr ig I'm lost as usual, but are you saying as an example that a vet who was released with 11 years service,might be entitled to 9% of something because 11+9 would have given him 20 years service had he not been injured in the first place. I thought that number game was based on 25 years service or 60-65 years of age, whichever came first. I was released before o6 but l only sought ELB this year,

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango-33 Fri 23 Nov 2018, 14:59

Thank you, these things get muddy for everyone when we get emotional. This is their document, they cant argue with is. Before anyone says it, the language that says Veterans "May" receive additional compensation, only discludes those who received small decisions ie 5% because that would have already been paid. Ref. PSC Fact Sheet

The APSC is Monthly, and is just a rebranded CIA; See ASPC Fact Sheet

Tango-33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2018-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 14:45

Artie Simm wrote:
bigrex wrote:They are only calculating the past PFL payments, so they can treat the disability award, as an overpayment, that needs to be paid back from any future payments. So if a 50 yr old veteran owes $100000, and they say he should live another 30 years, they will deduct $277 per month, over that 30 years. But if a 30 year old Veteran owes the same amount, they will only deduct $166 month.

Artie, the PFL calculations will not affect the monthly pensions, under the Pension Act. The only real change you may see, is if you are currently getting CIA, and possibly ELB (since it's still unclear how the ELB replacement is supposed to be adjusted for time served)
how does ELB figure into all of this, isnt the amount a vet receives on ELB a flat out figure ,90% of your pre release salary or whatever, minus any other forms of income. Once that has been figured out, currently, what would effect a change in that amount?

Artie

Everything that is available about the PFL and the benefits associated with it.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 23 Nov 2018, 14:12

They are saying that there will be a 1% increase, for every year, under 20 years served, until you hit that 20 year mark. But what is unclear is if that means that there will be a 1% increase of your benefit, so if you get $4000/month, the increase would be $40? Will it increase the % of your pre-release pay, so that it's possible to get up to 100%, if you were medically released with 10 years or less?

And what happens to those of us who were medically released several years before we even started getting ELB. For example, I released with 15 years, in 2006, and I've been on EELB since 2012. Am I even going to be eligible for these increases. Are they going to be retro active? Still so many unanswered questions.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2018, 11:42

bigrex wrote:They are only calculating the past PFL payments, so they can treat the disability award, as an overpayment, that needs to be paid back from any future payments. So if a 50 yr old veteran owes $100000, and they say he should live another 30 years, they will deduct $277 per month, over that 30 years. But if a 30 year old Veteran owes the same amount, they will only deduct $166 month.

Artie, the PFL calculations will not affect the monthly pensions, under the Pension Act. The only real change you may see, is if you are currently getting CIA, and possibly ELB (since it's still unclear how the ELB replacement is supposed to be adjusted for time served)
how does ELB figure into all of this, isnt the amount a vet receives on ELB a flat out figure ,90% of your pre release salary or whatever, minus any other forms of income. Once that has been figured out, currently, what would effect a change in that amount?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum