Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

+4
Zodiac
Unknown Soldier
Tireddad
daverobitaille@rogers.com
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 3 Empty Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by Tireddad Sun 26 Jan 2020, 15:14

Six-Actual wrote:
Tireddad wrote:
cdnnavy77 wrote:Thats a disablility pension, not pension for life. just like what  everyone said,

Isn’t that what I initially said.  I said I applied for a claim of PTSD with VAC.  They decided in my favour and now I get a pension for life.  What am I missing?

When was this claim adjudicated?

As I initially said ... Adjudication (step 3) started in October 2019 and six weeks later they made their decision and found in my favour.  Two - Three weeks later in late December of 2019 I received my first payment.  It is a pension for life and my spouse & children are part of the formula for the amount,  

I am still perplexed why some guys are coming on here swearing at me, calling me names and telling me I’m wrong!  I’m looking right at the payments and even posted a screenshot of it.  It’s clear.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 3 Empty Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by Tireddad Sun 26 Jan 2020, 15:06

Six-Actual wrote:
Tireddad wrote:
cdnnavy77 wrote:Thats a disablility pension, not pension for life. just like what  everyone said,

Isn’t that what I initially said.  I said I applied for a claim of PTSD with VAC.  They decided in my favour and now I get a pension for life.  What am I missing?

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 26 Jan 2020, 15:03

Tireddad wrote:

What you never, ever said was when you initially applied.

Note: INITIAL application.

The assumption on this forum when people ask is with the last year

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 26 Jan 2020, 15:01

In addition, a pension award is backdated to the date of the lesser of the initial application or 2 years. since the initial application would have been prior to 2006, it will be backdated to 2 years. This means you also would have, or very soon will be getting a lump sum check for 2 years of monthly payments.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2020, 15:00

Tireddad wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Sun 26 Jan 2020, 14:49

Isn’t that what I initially said. I said I applied for a claim of PTSD with VAC. They decided in my favour and now I get a pension for life. What am I missing?

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnnavy77 Sun 26 Jan 2020, 14:38

Thats a disablility pension, not pension for life. just like what everyone said,

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 26 Jan 2020, 14:32

Tireddad wrote:So, here is a screenshot of my monthly benefits for PTSD.  As you can see it does include children & spouse amounts.  If, however, I did not understand what the question was ... I apologize.  But, to everyone telling me I am not receiving what I’m saying I’m receiving.  Here is the proof.

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 3 8ad39e10

Tireddad. We see what you are saying.
Yes you are receiving a pension with dependants.
This is what we refer  to as a pension.

You are not receiving pension or life or additional pension for life.
We refer to that as a disability award or Pension for life.

You said you just started receiving this, great for you.
A question however, that will explain all the questions and misunderstanding.

Did you apply for a disability prior to 2006 that might have been decided, and just recently re-applied for the same disability?
If so, that completely explains how you got a pension, and is the missing information. It would have been grandfathered in

The same thing happened to me on one of my claims. I applied in 1993, and it was decided.
I applied again with that one, and a few others in 2015. (I had totally forgotten I applied prior. PTSD memory block...)

As a result, I have pension for life on most of my claims, and a pension (with dependants) for the percentage of my first claim.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Sun 26 Jan 2020, 11:13

So, here is a screenshot of my monthly benefits for PTSD.  As you can see it does include children & spouse amounts.  If, however, I did not understand what the question was ... I apologize.  But, to everyone telling me I am not receiving what I’m saying I’m receiving.  Here is the proof.

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 3 8ad39e10

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Sun 26 Jan 2020, 11:10

Unknown Soldier wrote:To be honest, despite probably 90% of the veterans here having some degree of PTSD, this internal bickering shouldn’t be an excuse to rip into each other. If there is no knowledge being spread then the rest is just dog shit. We might not be 100% correct in the information we are trying to share, use the right terms, phrases etc but we’re trying to help. If someone makes a mistake in the way they ask something or how they describe something, there is no need to attack. Or maybe I’m wrong.?

Exactly. I tried to answer a question as best I could and got attacked! Whatever!

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 3 Empty Admins should clean this thread up

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 26 Jan 2020, 10:42

To be honest, despite probably 90% of the veterans here having some degree of PTSD, this internal bickering shouldn’t be an excuse to rip into each other. If there is no knowledge being spread then the rest is just dog shit. We might not be 100% correct in the information we are trying to share, use the right terms, phrases etc but we’re trying to help. If someone makes a mistake in the way they ask something or how they describe something, there is no need to attack. Or maybe I’m wrong.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnnavy77 Sun 26 Jan 2020, 01:14

sounds like he gets CIA and CIAS or whatever the new version is. but whatever, let him believe what he wants.

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2020, 23:40

All I was doing was trying to do was keep misinformation off of CSAT. Then I get called an idiot.

I have neither the time (actually I do have the time) nor the inclination (for real) to play games with people.

If you act like an ass, I'll treat you like one.

Back to top Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 3 Empty pension for life

Post by cdnnavy77 Sat 25 Jan 2020, 22:25

There is no benefit for spouse or children in regards to PFL. There is if you are under the pre2006 act. Calling people who are trying to help names, doesn't make you right.

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Sat 25 Jan 2020, 15:58

You guys are confusing me. All I know is that I applied for PTSD through VAC, they decided in my favour & I am now receiving a monthly payment, which includes about $700 based on me having a spouse & 3 kids.

Take that however you guys want to.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next