Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it legal for Sisip to claw back our CCP Disability if we get entitlement???????

2 posters

Go down

Is it legal for Sisip to claw back our CCP Disability if we get entitlement??????? Empty Re: Is it legal for Sisip to claw back our CCP Disability if we get entitlement???????

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 17:10

no prob dchd it was a good question keep thinking keep asking we all think differently so some of us will think of stuff moast would wouldnt even consider.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Is it legal for Sisip to claw back our CCP Disability if we get entitlement??????? Empty Re: Is it legal for Sisip to claw back our CCP Disability if we get entitlement???????

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 16:17

OK thanks,
Just want to make sure they not ripping us and or me off.
but you never know hey. lol

|Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 12:08

Hey one & all ,

Sisip / Manulife can " ONLY " claw back the " Pensioner Portion Only " of your monthly CPP Disability check

ie ............ My CPP is $ 1800.00 per month , My pensioner portion is only $995.00 , which is deducted from Sisip 75 %

Plus : Monthly gross of my CF Pension is deducted , the balance should be Paid out each month to me , but has not in over .... 10 1/2 ..... years

For Country
Recon031

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 09:59

dchd that is right allways question.however cpp is a taxable income for the very same reasons they have a right to claw it back.i forget the exact leagal name they call it but this income is treated like all other normal income.all civilian isurance companies can claw this back where they were never alloud to claw back dva.sisip was the only insurance company clawing back dva even though it was an award for pain and suffering.pain and suffering awards are treated differen than (now that i remember) income replacement.wow now to sum up.dva clawback was allways illeagal (yet they are still doing it) cppd clawback was and is still leagal and finally just becous something is leagal doesnt make it right.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 20 Sep 2012, 09:26

like it or not, CPP(D) remains a legal deduction from SISIPLTD, since it is a form of replacement income due to a disability. This also includes all retro payments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 09:17

I am not talking about this class action. I know they claw back whatever you get from CPP but is that right.
They clawed back our VAC and that was wrong so whats right and or wrong just because they do it may not be legal. Just like this class action is the way it is until someone "questions the authority" right propat LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 20 Sep 2012, 09:12

DCHD wrote:Just wondering if that is legal or not or is this another class action to fight? My call from Sisip yesterday was about did you here from CPP and if not they wanted to send out paperwork for me to sign giving Sisip authorization to contact them direct and sign a paper form them to get the retro pay I may have received. I am not signing anything from them Rolling Eyes

Chimo

Sisip can claw back your SISIP portion if you receive CPP. The SISIP clawback from CPP is not covered in this class action.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Is it legal for Sisip to claw back our CCP Disability if we get entitlement??????? Empty Is it legal for Sisip to claw back our CCP Disability if we get entitlement???????

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 09:08

Just wondering if that is legal or not or is this another class action to fight? My call from Sisip yesterday was about did you here from CPP and if not they wanted to send out paperwork for me to sign giving Sisip authorization to contact them direct and sign a paper form them to get the retro pay I may have received. I am not signing anything from them Rolling Eyes

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down