Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it that we have to find out this stuff on our own?

2 posters

Go down

Why is it that we have to find out this stuff on our own? Empty Re: Why is it that we have to find out this stuff on our own?

Post by bigrex Wed 10 Oct 2012, 00:15

WoaV, call VAC and tell them that your husband would like to apply for the rehab program and ELB. Even if he is TPI, the rehab program covers psychosocial aspect of rehabilitation. It doesn't have to mean training for a new career like with SISIP. The ELB application would likely be done at the same time, and if you live near a VAC centre, your Husbands Case Manager should come to your house and help you complete them. Once that is done, it only takes around 4 weeks for approval. Then after that is approved he can then apply for the PIA that was discussed in the other thread. Best of luck.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Why is it that we have to find out this stuff on our own? Empty Re: Why is it that we have to find out this stuff on our own?

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 09 Oct 2012, 20:52

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 13:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 09 Oct 2012, 16:29

Robbie, welcome to the forums. Basically ELB is the exact thing as SISIP LTD. They both guarantee 75% of pre-release pay, minus other sources of income, which included Pension Act money until today. That means that at the end of the month, you will get the full 75% for ELB minus any money received from your CF pension, CPP(D) if collected, and any casual employment. Then you will also you receive your full disability pension, and this extra money is yours until you reach 65 if you have been deemed Totally and Permanently Impaired (TPI). Basically, more money in your pocket and less in the governments is always a good thing.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 15:31

Ok troops I am beyond stupid here but lets face it joined and served the Army as a Sr.NCO who taught troops how to load and fire a service weapon at the enemy. So this is where I get all f*(ked up, when someone tells me that the ELB is what and what and blah freaking blah. Can anyone put this legal jargon into simplified GRUNT language. OK, I get Earnings Loss Benefits, so what I have never received a cent from SISIP, 2003 release of the medical type. Old SISIP Policy not the Junked out NVC. I called both VAC and SISIP today and low and behold both know jack shit, but VAC did say that my VAC ELB ceased being clawed as of today, is this a good thing or what? very frustrated AIRBORNE JUMPER.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 15:28

What i am wondering is ,SISIP has alot of info about us in the computers , so for those of us that sisip has this info, would it not require less , and they could just mail those packages out to us. These packages are application for benefits, no doubt about it, if you do not meet sisip policy of total disability, your toast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 15:22

Well Nav, time to pull out the box of medical papers and taxes out from under the basement stairs and make an appointment with the doctor for the questionairre to be completed. Any idea how long before we get the info package in the mail. As for mailing it, please put a tracking number with it so it does not get lost. And oldvet, I am a dudette and you are correct, we are on our own getting this done all over again. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 15:17

Well. hang in there Sparrow, i know dealing with sisip can be drainning. But we really have no choice but to follow there directions and see what happens, as for medicals once our monthly payments started we would have had to do one yearly anyway, so this way, its just getting it over earlier. They need the financial info in case some of us worked or maybe collected something they could deduct also to figure out the monthly payment. Once they get the package back they will evaluate it and decide yes or no. If peter works out the 3 party arbtraitor, then if they say no , you could go thru them as sort of an appeal. Time frame , awhile , hopefully before christmas but who knows , its in sisips court and how fast they process the packages

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 15:14

No dude, your getting royally shafted. What were you expecting? Unfortunatley, we are on our own. No help along the way, and no end in sight.

Back to top Go down

Why is it that we have to find out this stuff on our own? Empty Why is it that we have to find out this stuff on our own?

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 14:57

I called last Friday sisip and found out that sisip had no directives as per the lawyer having us call Oct 9th. Then the lawyers became aware of this. Then I call today sisip only to find out by voice mail that info packages will be sent out for medical and financial info to be obtained by zero sum client.
Is it just me but I seem to be getting more info than most and all I had to do was pick up the phone and call sisip....I am sick of this and there is no end in sight. I feel like I am being shuffled through all over again the release section appointments, physio appointments, doctors appointment, ortho appointments, psychologists appointments, dva appointments and counselling appointments only to feel more like a failure than a person. And now, I have to do it all over again. sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down