Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info to Find Out If Your Claim Has Been Processed

+9
bigrex
pteadams2002
booboo
MaggieinNB
Newfie
tinybubbles
Wife of a Veteran
Teentitan
13 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Info to Find Out If Your Claim Has Been Processed Empty Re: Info to Find Out If Your Claim Has Been Processed

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 14:21

i pumped out every email address i own and believe it or not it came back on gmail so f-ing fast i was floored I never used gmail with MC until this app thing so maybe it was luck who knows

Back to top Go down

Info to Find Out If Your Claim Has Been Processed Empty Re: Info to Find Out If Your Claim Has Been Processed

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 14:01

So how long should you wait after your secound try for that email NOTHING HAS come at all, as far as i know all info is correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 13:45

finally got through just took BixRex and his advise and kept flooding with emails

Hello,

Here is your claim information.

Last Name: xxxxxxxx
Claim Number: xxxxxx
Service Number: xxxxxxxxx

No, your claim has not yet been processed. Please check again next month.

Yours very truly,

SISIP Class Action Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 15 May 2013, 11:59

You know, after having dealt with the website now, I don't see the reason for so much security on it. If they were to lighten the requirements, like just have the claim number to access the info, since the info that is produced isn't classified, it would ease a lot of confusion. So if someone was to randomly type in my claim number, the email doesn't give any information that the form didn't ask you to input. So remove the name and service number and the most a thief could get is the claim number, which they had guessed anyways, and a yes or no. The would be absolutely no personal information to tie that claim number to anyone specific. Hell, they would even have to use their own email address.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 11:57

That's a fact Jack !

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 15 May 2013, 11:54

because it's true

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 15 May 2013, 11:53

Not processed yet, not like I was expecting it to be!! I'm gonna keep thinking positive and keep in mind that this case could easily still be in the appeals process if the feds had wanted it to be, instead, we're waiting for cheques to be delivered, and collecting interest at the same time!! I'll go with that option because it's ture!!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 11:49

Yes bigrex, exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 11:42

Teen, some were putting the wrong claim number, some were adding zero's in front of the number, some were not putting info that matched exactly what MC has on file, in my case I removed all zero's in front of my claim number and it worked fine. Actually it was MC who told me yesterday that if I was getting the message claim not found, it means that you have to match the info exactly as per what MC has on file. So you have to re check your info, and re enter, that has worked for many.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 15 May 2013, 11:39

Yep that's what was in my head Rex but something happened between my brain and fingers! LOL

Thanks for the great explanation Rex.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 15 May 2013, 11:36

Trooper, it could be a case of both happening. So as long as the person knows that the info they entered is correct, then it has to be the case as explained by Titan, and coincides with what SISIP told me this morning. File not found does not mean file does not exist, it just hasn't been added to the system yet. This is basically a database that is in the process of being built by MC, a simple list that uses these four columns. Name, Service number, claim number and a checkbox if your claim is completed. Now when you do your search, if the checkbox is filled, you get the yes reply, if it is blank, you get the no response, and if your info hasn't been added to the list, you get the file not found reply. very simple and very basic for anyone that has experience working with databases. The only problem is these types of databases are notoriously case sensitive and space, so if your name is DeCoste, but they use Decoste, it won't be recognized. or if your name Van der Wilde, but they typed in Vander Wilde, it also won't be recognized. So if you have a name that might fall into these catagories, try different spellings to see if it works. Also, if you have a name that is 20 letters long, and they missed one, or spelled it wrong in any way, the database will not match it up to your request, so you may want to call MC and ensure they have the correct spelling and maybe they can tell you if you're on the list.

Good luck everyone.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 15 May 2013, 11:34

When you say "playing around with it" what exactly are you doing?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 11:31

Yes teen, if your claim number is not registered with MC, that is fine, but like I said, lots got the claim not found message, and after playing with it for awhile, were able to get a proper response. I just don't want people to give up if they get the claim not found message. My suggestion is if one gets the claim not found message, is to contact sisip to acknowledge their claim number, followed by contacting MC to confirm that they have your claim number in the system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 15 May 2013, 11:19

Only relaying info and "assuming" solutions to the situation trooper. I entered the info proper and got the response...Claim not found. Please contact Manulife at 1-800-565-0701 and ask for
Class Action Services.

Asked Peter what is the proper response and the above is the answer he sent me. So gremlins and bugs are being fixed for when the law firm gets more then a couple hundred claims.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 11:14

MAW GET THE SHOTGUN WE'RE GOIN TA TOWN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next