Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 month retro/intrest

+9
Rifleman
bigrex
Recon031
Sapper Zodiak
peep
HAPPYCRAZY
devans156
Teentitan
puddleduk2
13 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

4 month retro/intrest - Page 12 Empty Re: 4 month retro/intrest

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 19:13

I agree with you guys...it's down to fingernail biting time and one would think they would be a little clearer with their answers. What if they complete the 4 months prior to the new year, but send them out in 2014...it shouldn't be a problem then, right?

It's getting close to the next batch of holidays...Thanksgiving is the next one, Monday October 14th...the day prior to SISIP handing over the 2nd batch of files for the month...that one should be interesting, another long weekend only to hand over files the day they return...something really off about that. I would call SISIP, but the last time I called them I was greeted with a really rude reception when I told them that I was asking about the retro...I don't think I could tolerate getting crapped on twice in a month, otherwise I'd explode at them and my file would probably be processed the very last possible moment...not that they aren't already doing that. lol

Wouldn't it be beneficial at this point for MC and SISIP to be in frequent communication, letting us know that they're still on target for completion? I mean, we do have lives and need to organize around bill payments, deliveries, etc... last day of summer arrives on Saturday, it would be nice to know where we stand "officially", so that maybe we could get out a bit before the frost sets in...it's not like any other class member should be offended if they break their silence at this point...at least give us some sort of sign! Razz

I really do hope that all original class members have their money in their hands by the 15th, but I have a really bad feeling that SISIP sat back for way too long before they got organized and started taking this seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 20 Sep 2013, 18:45

I understand the frustration Rex but all SISIP has to offer right now that has 'substance' is to have all the files completed on Oct. 15.

I'm not shilling for SISIP but sometimes we have to take what we are told by SISIP management at face value.

Believe me I will be really pissed if there is a request to go beyond October for the retro payments. And I will also be very pissed that the 4 month checks don't get delivered until next year.

If I'm getting hit with a high tax bill I want it all for one year not two years.

I know right now two words are totally opposite to each other...veteran and patience.

And I got a very strong feeling SISIP knows it too.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 20 Sep 2013, 18:19

OK, so they went into the conversation knowing that you were going to be letting a ton of other class members what they were going to say, so therefor you were given the official line, that "they are working hard and should have all retro payments completed within the court appointed time frame". A whole lot of words, with very little substance. Hey, who wants to bet that the new head of SISIP, that Harper appointed last year is a failed Torie candidate from one of the past elections, and is taking communications direction from the PMO.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 20 Sep 2013, 18:06

I informed them that I was with VVi and a class member. I explained that we are an open forum for veterans to gather info that is why he double checked with management.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 20 Sep 2013, 18:00

One question Teen, when you called, did you identify yourself as a class member, or as the editor of CSAT? If SISIP thought you were in a position of authority, asking on behalf of all Veterans involved, they may have provided you with the official line, while individuals are fed whatever BS the agent on the phone can come up with.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 17:53

For the ones that have already received their retro, I can see the need to be concerned about the four Months, for the remainder, not so much, at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 16:55

If SISIP has all of their HR people working on retros...seems like they might be a little worried about completing them in time...not like they couldn't have done them prior to the last possible moment, talk about being dramatic. lol

Well, to be fair, let's get all the retros paid before we start bitching about the 4 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 16:02

In reguards to The 4 months CHQ there are a hell of a lot of people who work at SISIP and the head office, Manulife so haveing to wait is strange to say the least, pay up stop playing games no more delays enough of the bull shit!

J.M.O

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 20 Sep 2013, 15:54

SISIP is careful when they talk about the retro checks. No one will promise that they will have them all done because that would really stir the pot if they don't get it done.

So the word "should" was used every time during the conversation. I was told a few times that they should have them all done for the mandated court rule (mid October).

As for the 4 months taxes will be taken and a separate T4A will be sent during tax time for this year. You will claim it on the line "other income" on your taxes.

I want to point out that I was put on hold by the SISIP rep that answered the phone (I used the retro phone number) and he got the answer about the 4 month check from upper management that is in charge of payments (retro and 4 months).

The manager told him that right now all human resources are working on the retro files and once they are done the 4 months will be worked on. The last thing they want is to mix up retro with 4 months so it's one job at a time. Which IMO makes sense.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 15:36

Sounds like you've got your hands full...and hopefully you bag a buck or two soon...nothing tastier than a venison steak....aarghhh. (and droolin' like Homer) lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 14:58

Just hangin in the shadows helpin with all the kids to school each day
& gaining intel on the local Deer " Bucks" hunting season right around the corner ........

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper , Recon
Dave Fitzpatrick
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 14:52

Colzula...did you have to send them any further paperwork? Obviously, you're part of the original class...maybe you might want to relay your info directly to MC to see what they have to say.

Nice to see you back Recon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 14:49

As you all say , we can only relay what is passed on over the phone ,

I called the sisip hotline # 1-855-370-0025

Told that the cheques for the 4 months will be sent out once the Class are taken care of ,
& that the 4 months will be included with Tax receipts for this year as " TeenTitan "
has relayed onto everyone , confirmation @ all levels ......

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper , Recon
Dave Fitzpatrick
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 14:49

I actually was reinstated in Oct 2012 and have received monthly ltd since