Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 21 of 65 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 43 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest Thu 07 Aug 2014, 14:48

Well folks just checked the cra my account and there is a reassessment in progress. I called the cra my special line and was informed that no deemed taxes were applied to my calculations.So I guess they want to charge them to me even thou I got a workout sheet with none applied. Needless to say I contacted my MP who thinks this is bs and is investigating it. I will let you all know what happens, unhappy Navrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Aug 2014, 14:08

Well calculating your 1198 has benefited you in the amount of $9100.
Not all that bad, took long enough to get er done.

Wait for them to send you the 1198 calculation sheet, then you will know the amount of DEEMED TAXES they charged you.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 07 Aug 2014, 12:24

Looks like they did a forth assessment on me. Looks like I went from owning over $24,000 to only owning $14,900. Helps but will still hurt me for a long time. So the CRA site says. I was a 2008 Med release.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 04 Aug 2014, 20:38

Teen said,

"Here is the ultimate head scratcher...the more time the CRA takes to process claims the more the GoC has to pay interest to those who paid the full amount for their 2013 taxes! So how is that saving tax dollars????"

It don't. Where's the tax saving dollars go hmmm? Interest? Don't make sense right? Think. Kinda like a goc work in progress meets a make work project? goc has fineprint for their benefit and coffers teen, not ours. We need to find a senior retired and disillusioned cra accountant for our back pocket. A few out there...  Wink  pinger.

Last edited by pinger on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 20:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : space bar)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Aug 2014, 10:00

Absolutely, interest given to those that benefited from the 1198, and paid what they owed by the due date.

However, keep in mind that the recoup from "DEEMED TAXES" far outweigh any interest paid from the delay in calculating our 1198.

That being said, in my case at the end, it did turn out ok for me, my anger is set towards the way in which the CRA handled our 1198's.

One cannot discount the fact that most returns in today's world are sent via electronic, that in itself may be one reason for this cluster XXXX.

However, did we not contact the CRA by the hundreds requesting info regarding the 1198 ? Before we even received our tax slips ?

People, the CRA was given a heads up before we even sent in our returns, so in my mind excuses just does not cut it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Aug 2014, 21:46

Last edited by Sparrow on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 10:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 03 Aug 2014, 21:30

Here is the ultimate head scratcher...the more time the CRA takes to process claims the more the GoC has to pay interest to those who paid the full amount for their 2013 taxes! So how is that saving tax dollars????
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3411
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Aug 2014, 19:37

Just to show a small snapshot of what people are experiencing with CRA and  the confusion with the entire process. This was posted on the Sisip FB Page: Not sure what could be done at this point to elevate concerns and issues.

I'm a little confused I called CRA yesterday and My Return is still being reassessed .. I asked why did My accountant had to file my Income tax 3 Times .. and why the T1198 was never even Looked at ? His response was it is not CRA job to fill out this Form ..and It was to be filled out by Sisip , Lawyer or My-self ???? .. I 'm so pissed I can't even remember who sent us the T1198 ?

and then another post from someone else: just two examples of a varied many.

Just got a letter from Revenue Canada stating that I didn't provide a breakdown of the Clawback so they are stopping the reassessment until I resubmit it.
I saw the H&R Block woman photocopy the damn form and put the original in the envelope, idiots.
FAXing them the form to lose again.....

and then another again different person same story.

Show of hands please: who sent the t1198 form to CRA and was told they never received it?
Happened to me and with Quebec Revenu also! Funny coincidence...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Aug 2014, 19:16

Really teen, the validity of the Legal bill, why am I not surprised, I can just Imagine the excuses that were given to some in this whole cluster of and ordeal.

I consider myself to be and easy going person when it comes to dealing with such errors,
sort of like given others the benefit of the doubt when it comes to human errors, and or lack of competency,
as no one is perfect in my book.
However I must admit for me personally this ordeal has taken me completely by surprise.

If you can recall last year, and the beginning of this year, CSAT was in overdrive trying to ensure
that all of our members have everything in top order to ensure that the processing of our taxes
goes through smoothly.
We band together as a group, and discussed this issue to great lengths.
At the end we prevailed and were ready to do our taxes properly.

I guess that is one of the reasons why I am so disappointed at the CRA.

I realize that some maybe saying I sound like a broken record, and or he must be really pissed.
Well I am extremely disappointed that myself, and others were put through such a stressful ordeal.
While I think for the most part it all could have been avoided if steps were taken from the beginning
from the upper staff of the CRA to properly address it, when it became clear that a problem existed.

We are now the 03 Aug, and still we have members waiting to see if they will benefit from their 1198.
This is completely unexceptable, but they have us by the short hair, we have no choice, but to wait it out.

For those who are still waiting, I hope and pray that you get yours completed soon,
god knows you have waited long enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Aug 2014, 05:10

lol WOW that is bad . one would think if they wanted to keep the complaints down instead of validating various substations they would first stop completely ignoring submissions and even better stop ignoring the one submission they are getting a great deal of complaints about.

just throwing it out their

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 01 Aug 2014, 23:51

No propat they were not questioning the deduction, they agreed it was, they wanted to make sure it was a 'real' legal bill from MC because it 'looked' photocopied.

Personally they were looking for anything to keep the complaints down. There is only 5 processing centres across Canada that do 1198's. So I can't believe that I was the only one in Ontario with a legal bill from MC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 22:00

teen you laugh but that can be a very grey area . I don't know how many times I read the ITA as it pertains to that point before I knew for sure it was a valid deduction but it was a lot. their language and definitions are a bit archaic especially when it came this deduction . I actually expected a lot more of that and a lot less problems with the 1198. im assuming they meant whether it was a valid deduction and not fraudulent.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:20

Wasn't just the 1198 that confused them trooper. An excuse I got on the phone, and I'm not kidding, they had to check the "validity" of the legal bill.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 20:17

In reference to your checking the CRA site  twice daily, I can tell you this, my reassessment in progress first showed on May 6th, on June 9th my patience ran out, on this very same day I contacted my MOP, on June 12th my reassessment was completed.

Don't know how far back they have to go for you, mine was 20+ years.
If I was to wait it out on my own, meaning not contacting my MOP, how much longer would I have had to wait, I'm guessing long.

So I hope they complete yours soon, as this should have been done Weeks ago.

Who do we blame for this, or who is accountable to us for these long and stressful delays.

Well let me guess, first off at the very beginning some of us lucked out and got processed without delay, so again gratitude to the CRA agents who handled those cases.
It was also noted and became clear from the very beginning that there was a problem with the way some CRA agents were handling our 1198's.
Did us the Veterans alert the CRA of this problem, the answer is yes, we most certainly did.
So in my view the problem is with the CRA itself, and in my opinion it is twofold,
First off when a 1198 was not completed for whatever reason, the system within the CRA did not pick it up, or they simply ignored it and assessed it as is,
leaving up to us the tax payer Veteran to address it.
Once the Veteran addressed it, this is what we are told, wait in line AGAIN, we will get to it, when we get to it.
Secondly, one would think that the higher ups within the CRA would have taken control of this right from the start, and lit a fire under the XXX of those individuals within the CRA to get this fixed and get it fixed now, even it it meant gathering more manpower to get it done, just like we would do in the military in similar circumstances, god knows there were tons of phone calls coming in from Veterans wondering why is it that my 1198 was not completed.
So who do we blame ? you tell me.

In closing I can not speak for anyone but myself, did the CRA cause any stress to me, the answer is yes.
Does the actions of the CRA in my case reflect how I view the competence of the CRA going forward, the answer is yes.
Did I benefit from the 1198, the answer is yes.
Am I happy that my ordeal is over, the answer is yes.
Do I ever again in my lifetime want to go through this again, the answer is no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 12:14

lol peep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 65 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 43 ... 65  Next