Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP benefit beyond 24 month period..

+2
Teentitan
bigrex
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SISIP benefit beyond 24 month period.. - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP benefit beyond 24 month period..

Post by Guest Sat 19 Dec 2015, 23:39

I am in this position now, except that my LTD ended less (barely!) than a year ago, so I have a couple of weeks to do an appeal. I've been receiving ELB from VAC, and my VAC CM suggested I appeal, since I am not ready for voc rehab. Personally, I think I am never going to be 'suitably and gainfully employed', and TPI should be considered.... we'll see...

Back to top Go down

SISIP benefit beyond 24 month period.. - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP benefit beyond 24 month period..

Post by Teentitan Wed 18 Jun 2014, 19:13

He's not asking about the law suit guys he's asking about extending his LTD as his injury has forced him to leave work.

Down if your SISIP LTD case was closed in 2013 then sorry you can't get back on LTD. There was a similar question on another thread and I contacted SISIP and the only way you can get back on LTD is if your LTD injury was extended past your initial 24 months.

You might want to contact your Case Manager at VAC. You might be able to apply for ELB under the NVC (ELB is the same as LTD)
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 18 Jun 2014, 15:16

Down, unfortunately, there is currently no mechanism for anyone, who was not already identified as a zero sum member of the SISIP lawsuit class, to be reinstated on SISIP LTD, once the 24 month period has elapsed. But, if you have been given a disability award from VAC, you should apply for the Rehabilitation program and then the Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB). This currently pays the same as SISIP would, but with some possible significant changes on the horizon.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 14:00

down3y3 contact Dan Wallace of McInness Cooper law firm. He is handling this matter and can give you a straight answer for sure daniel.wallace@mcinnescooper.com

Back to top Go down

SISIP benefit beyond 24 month period.. - Page 2 Empty SISIP benefit beyond 24 month period..

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 13:03

I am completely new to this. But here goes..Looking for advice or direction with regards to SISIP LTD. I rec'd this benefit from 2011-2013 after being released (medical) in 2011. I never applied for the benefit to continue following the 24 month mark. Fast foward to today, and the same physical impairment for which I was released has worsened (degenerative). Is it too late to apply for the LTD benefit beyond the 24 months? Is there a process for this? I've contacted SISIP and am waiting for a response. Thought I might find some valuable info/advice here. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2