Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

+8
pinger
DeeCee
rucksack031
czerv
TripleT
beleaf67
1993firebird
Rags
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  Empty Re: CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by Guest Mon 25 May 2015, 13:26

and that is essence of this whole thing land boy and for that i am greatly pissed at a system that can event policy overnight

Back to top Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  Empty Re: CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by LawnBoy77777 Mon 25 May 2015, 08:32

Ordering us to apply for CPPD is a restriction on Freedom. Manulife, agent for Gov, tells you to apply so they can take it. Apply or they estimate anyway. That is patently coercion.

Found "smoking gun" yesterday. Gov submitted memo of Facts to Supreme Court stating sisip implemented when CF Pension & CPP was not enough to live on. Therefore sisip offsets are nullifying the purpose it was designed for!

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 24 May 2015, 11:47

snafu is a given. Can't take it to the bank.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 May 2015, 11:03

DND / CF Ombudsman MDN / FC the this office and OVO and there is no legislation within the NDA that would hold DND responsible for not assisting any member of the CF or Reserves in applying for either the DTD or CPPD-B period. Also there are no current legislation in regards to MANULIFE assisting you, however instructing you to do so thats is just a "feel good thing". As for VAC I doubt it as well however I have not found any legislation regarding VAC and CPPD or DTC.

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Mon 04 May 2015, 20:05

CPP Act prohibits offsets s. 65(1). SISIP reimbursement agreement illegal.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 02 May 2015, 15:21

WTF

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Sat 02 May 2015, 15:16

I ran into a big problem with reference to my CPPD, going public. Watch the news to see if it works.

Got $1k from CPPD, lost $3k from others: Sun Life -$1200; GoC/Manulife -$1200; Pub Serv Pen -$525; CF Pen -$53 = -$2000 per month

& get this!

I owe $39k for getting $14k retro: SL -$14k; GoC/Manulife -$14k; PS Pen -$10k; CF Pen -$1k

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 01 May 2015, 06:08

I read over my statement on CPP-D.  I edited my statement to state disability tax credit (DTC).  
I have never applied for CPP-D, but I did apply for the DTC and this was the benefit I was referring to.
Sorry for any confusion.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 21:33

firebird not sure they can backdate you but that all depends on your situation .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 30 Apr 2015, 19:54

You were unable to work but still being paid for working. Is it like being on workmen's compensation while injured and getting CPPD? Can I back date this as I was medically released due to not being able to be employed by the Military and was given a six months transition period until I was released?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 30 Apr 2015, 19:48

2 cents. In a nutshell JustMe2, your one-time financial overlap prior to release (15 years ago?) was ok. Why the worry? Post release is a different pickle to say the least... pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 18:53

firebird I received CPPD my last two years in the military . I also know a few others that collected it . not sure about what just me was told but I was told it was just based on my ability to work . as I was unable to work I was getting it.

about a year and a half I received a letter saying they investigated me and it showed I was ok as I was unable to be employed by the military and was in the proses of being released for that reason.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 30 Apr 2015, 18:21

You did not need to work another job to supplement your income while you were in the Military receiving your full pay.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 17:08

I was totally honest with them when I called them, told them they made a mistake, and that although I wasn't working, I was still being paid and I wanted to return their cheque but they said no. She explained it to me that even though the Military was paying me, because of my illness, I couldn't work another job (if I wanted to) to supplement my income. It's been more than 15 years and they've never come back looking for it. I'm also receiving Military Pension, VAC and SISIP now, and they don't care about that money either.

Last edited by JustMe2 on Thu 30 Apr 2015, 18:58; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 30 Apr 2015, 16:35

Sounds like it is wrong but if you were told that you are entitled to it officially , then hopefully it will not have to ever be paid back.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next