Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

+8
pinger
DeeCee
rucksack031
czerv
TripleT
beleaf67
1993firebird
Rags
12 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  - Page 5 Empty Re: CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by Guest Wed 01 Apr 2015, 08:54

the thing is rags if you received CPPD you would have received the HIGHEST level AND your CPP calculations would have been effectively frozen so all the following years of not paying into CPP would not count in your CPP calculations .

propat

Back to top Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  - Page 5 Empty Re: CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by Guest Wed 01 Apr 2015, 08:51

I applied too late for a CPP disability benefit

If you are applying for a CPP disability benefit but stopped working so long ago that you are now too late to apply but you meet all the other conditions of eligibility, you may still be eligible for a benefit. This is called the late applicant provision

You may be eligible if:

you had enough years of CPP contributions when you first became severely disabled
you have been continuously disabled (as defined by CPP legislation) from that date up to the present time.
Contact us for more information.1-800-277-9914

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 01 Apr 2015, 07:53

I was seriously shocked when they said no for the reasons they gave. I called them and asked why I did not have enough time into the CPP pay system? I told them had paid from 1974 until 2003 with no year missed and the last 19 years was at the max. How on earth could I have not payed enough? She had no answer, I asked her so does that mean I dont qualify for CPP when I hit 65? She said oh no sir you get that once you pass 3 years of paying into the system or something like that. She said may ot be much but you get it as you paid into to it. Ok Im puzzled........If I qualify for CPP at 65 then since disabled is the key to CPPD dont I get that? No she said you dont have enough time....IDIOTS. So I then said you loading me up with line of shit on CPP and when I apply at 65 will I get refused for not enough paying into the system. No she said you will get it. I think she is wrong, I think they just refused as a blanket statement.

On the reason I did not apply for CPPD and why the letter from SISIP about apply means nothing to those in my boat. We did not aply as we were told we wont get LTD as we are maxed with DVA and will get all clawed back or as in my case all but 50 bucks a month. So no need to jump through all those paperwork hoops and yearly pay docs for paper work for 50 bucks. Little did we know that one day we would win the law suite.

On the issue of doctors the key to this need for CF docs to do this paperwork is that according to my Civy Doc thy cannot comment or take action on previous doctors work. Second and really important whe released it is very very hard to find a doctor in Canada to take you on and if you are injurd with complications of PTSD some doctors dont want the burden of you on there rosters!!!!! This is very very important factor CPP DVA and SISIP and CF need to understand. A released soldier in a busy place with major medical complications and PTSD wont get a doctor!!!!! I was lucky my doc works around army and subs into Army hospital so I got lucky whn I finally got him.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 16:19

hey rucksack you ole sad sack lol look under the avatar (members pic) and select the icon with PM on it brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 16:17

Like I said way back apply but be a part of the process in that like Beleaf said fil in a copy of the application hand it to your physician and insist that he/she follow what you filed in simple and yet totally in your control. I also included my shrink and anyone else that touched me.

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 15:29

DeeCee this is Rucksack, how the hell do I pm , not to good on computers, what does not sound right without giving out your personal details, if I can figure out this pm stuff I will give you my number#
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Tue 31 Mar 2015, 15:12

Keep trying! I applied once, 6 years after being 3b'ed. It was awarded and back dated 18 months. I was out in 06 and applied in 2013 after SISIP told me to apply! This does not sound right? PM me and I will give you my details.
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 14:39

AS my CM explained , look at it this way, say one is accepted for elb, pia,and sup, and one is accepted, you have now secured this taxable pension , now say one gets to the point with all the stress and paper work each year with sisip and wondering if one will be accepted for that year, and you finally say enough is enough for what ever reason. lets say your LTD was 1000 a month, and you receive lets say 1000 a month for pia, just for simple numbers. Lets just say take the ELB out of the picture, one would be no further ahead or behind. But if you qualified and im not saying its a given, it can be hard to get, but if successful look at it as a back up if sisip plays hard ball, make sense ?
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 14:20

beleaf67 , im sure good friend RR will comment, But I order to go from one to another one must apply for it. PIA,PIA-SUP and part of that application is being accepted for a rehabilitation program first.This does not mean one will have to do a rehab plan, it part of the process. Here is mine, I am over 25yrs svc , on old PA , retired 2007, 100% plus, applied for PIA in2014 and accepted level 1 AND SUP and declared tpi. Old charter or new nvc one can apply.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 13:49

RobbieRoyal, regarding rucksack031's point about going from SISIP to ELB, I'm under the PA and I'm TPI, does that make any difference if, God forbid, I was to be cut off from SISIP in the future, or is it just post 2006 and the NVC folks that ELB would apply to! I've never applied for anything under the NVC simply because I honestly don't think I could handle going through anymore of the stresses and anxiety inherent to the process! Just thinking of dealing with it triggers the immediate need for clonazapam?

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 13:24

Rags I here ya, unfortunately there are a lot who have been timed out, regardless if one contributed enough or not. Everyone has a different reason as to why they waited to apply for CPPD, but one would assume that regardless of time either one year or 20yrs it should not matter. BUT THE GOVERNMENT when it suits them with time limits, they will apply them regardless. Now I have friends who finally get it after 10yrs and others constantly denied, simply by to much time as passed, so I guess it depends on who works on your case. Rules of convenience seem to apply to suit the government. Now if everyone applied right away, like others have things may or may not have worked out, and how much fight ones has left in them. So yes as others on here have posted like propat, RR, Recon and others yes one should apply ASAP for what they believe one may be entitled to, and with the help of this form We now know.

NOW rags, Triple T, follow sisip ltd policy and apply,for CPPd now remember regardless whether or not one is successful ,regardless of out come you have meet sisip requirement by applying, Remember if Cppd says no , this does not preclude one from receiving your LTD, as unfortunately each have there own definition of Disable.

I would encourage those to apply for ELB, and the pia and pia sup, the reason I say this , if you get accepted for these benefits, and say down the road, sisip for what ever reason says an individual no meets there definition for benefits, one would then go one ELB . Now remember one can not be on ELB and SISIP LTD at the same time. IN a perfect world when a member is medically released, that individual should automatically be put on CPPD, is a no brainer to me. Then based on each individual situation from there going forward dr reports dictate whether one stays on or not, simple, less Stress, less paper work, ect, Disable is disable. There are to fracken many definitions and requirements of what is disabled, tpi ,ltd. eld, pia, pia sup, eia, att,allow, eelb, and I can go on and soon I will have more sub titles after my name than medals. Hope this helps and makes some sense, sorry it took me some time to post from when I logged in. Take care all
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:19

Thanks Robbie, I'm always checking in and keeping track of issues and comments, there are some wonderful minds and insight on this site, just gotta separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak, lol! I try and keep my powder dry type of thing until I see someone that I might be able to help!
As for TripleT's concerns, the best thing for him to do is apply through his family doctor and input his own comments in that particular section of the CPPD form! Another point to remember is that the majority of CPPD claims are denied on initial submission and the percentages increase significantly on appeal!
Just to make a point here, I was on the ill category for 18 months prior to my release and I received CPPD for the last 6 months of my CF career! Now I kmow I'm gonna have countless non believers as I did in Ottawa when I was dealing with my release! Some Major told me "that's impossible, it can't be done!" Well, it can be and I did it! The purpose of the CPPD plan is if you've been off work for an extended period, and at the time I was off one year whereby I was still in the CF but unable to work, and the prognosis was very unlikely to return, then if you meet the requirements, severe and prolonged, I had nearly 20 years in so I had paid in the requisite time which is five years, an individual can apply for CPPD because I was in fact off on sick leave! So, I applied, was accepted and yes Manulife directed me to apply for CPPD upon my release which I had already done and they then deducted $350 a month from my forces pension once I was officially released! Now why people don't apply for CPPD after being medically released is beyond me, yes they deduct monies from your CF Annuity but you're still way ahead and even more so if you have kids and they eventually head off to school, they then receive the dependent amount each month while they're a full time student! So, in a nutshell, apply for CPPD automatically, don't wait for anyone to tell you, it's money in your and your family's pocket! You paid into the fund and if you qualify then take advantage of what's right yours!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:27

Superb points, why the military doctors don't do it (even suggest it) in the last few months before being medically released? to lazy? being ordered not to even ask the question?
How about Case Managers? why don't they suggest that to their 'clients'? CPPD is not even on their list for discussion (if I remember correctly). When you leave the CAF and get the civi doctor: why should it be his/her job to do something that mil doc should be doing.
Most of us are probably too embarrassed to even ask mil docs to do any papers?
I hope that military ombudsman reads some of the issues being raised here and becomes pro-active and brings the issue to the attention of the .... ? Thank Rags for raising the issues.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:00

"Here we go again"! I logged onto CSAT this morning because I have to gather some intel. A Manulife rep phoned me yesterday asking me if I have heard back from CPP(D) with repect to my application for benefit's. Truth of the matter is, I was so pre-occupied with my 9 month tax nightmare, I completely ignored that part, not wanting to confuse that issue anymore than it already was. So then I read Rags' post...and then I read a post started in Jan 2013 "CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER"! And I read Rags' post again and was overcome with a sick feeling when I came to the realization that after more than 2 years since the settlement, the issue of eligibility for CPP(D) benefit's for SISIP-LTD clients is as much of a cluster **** as it ever was. Am I to believe that I'm in a sinking ship before I even start? Just $%$#@#$% great!

I get that there are "exceptions" to a time delay for applying for benefit's, but seriously, after 2 years the folks at CPP(D) aren't aware of the SISIP-LTD lawsuit and the implications affecting zero sum applicants for CPP(D)? Is there any way, at this late stage of the game, of avoiding a mountain of paperwork back and forth fighting for my eligibility? Like perhaps a phone number to a specific person who is aware of the reason for a late application? Will I still need to photocopy and send in every detail of my medical history beyond that provided by my "current" doctor and the letter from Manulife requesting I apply for CPP(D)? Unfortunately for me, living in my van didn't leave much room for any sort of "filing system"! I hate to think that a lack of recorded evidence will seriously affect my eligibility!

TTT

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:45

wow rags did they ever frack you .

you can fight them on the first two points if you were declaied TPI by anyone as for the third point I don't know what to say.

buds you may have to fight to get CPP when you reach that age as point 3 will not apply so keep that in mind and get all your ducks in a row.

ive been telling people to get this CPPD thing sorted out ASAP since ive been on here sometimes add noisome for this very reason.

good luck buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next