Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

+8
pinger
DeeCee
rucksack031
czerv
TripleT
beleaf67
1993firebird
Rags
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  - Page 2 Empty Re: CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 14:06

I was unable to work but going through the release process, which for me was more than a year, some are even longer. I thought they had made a mistake and when I called them, to return the cheque they sent me, they explained that it was not a mistake, the cheque was mine....even though I was still receiving pay from the Military, I couldn't work to supplement my income.

Back to top Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  - Page 2 Empty Re: CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by 1993firebird Thu 30 Apr 2015, 13:50

How can you get a canada pension plan disability benefit while employed? I thought you had to be unable to work according to the CPPD requirements.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 08:09

My advice for anyone who's being released from the Military for medical reasons is ...Apply for CPPD asap. Don't wait for your release date to do it. If you are approved for CPPD before your release date, the benefits (backdated to the date you applied) are yours, minus taxes of course. But if you wait until you're released, you will lose it all. I received CPPD benefits for approximately 1 year before I was officially released.........once released, SISIP kicked in and clawed back the cppd benefits, but there's a slight sense of gratification in the fact SISIP didn't get a penny of it for that first year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 30 Apr 2015, 06:08

DTC, I was approved on my first application. It was backed dated seven years to when I was diagnosed.  
1. Gives you a tax credit for when you file your taxes
2. If you are under 49 you can invest in a RDSP

Mary has a beneficiary's family income of $37,000. She makes two contributions to her RDSP in 2010:
Mary contributes:
◦$500 to her RDSP in March 2010; and
◦an additional $400 in August 2010, for a total amount of $900 in contributions.
On the first $500 contribution, she receives a 300 percent matching rate:
$500 x 300% = $1,500.
On the second $400 contribution, she receives a 200 percent matching rate:
$400 x 200% = $800.
The total amount of grants Mary receives in 2010 is:
$1,500 + $800 = $2,300.

I invested in this and have been able to save for a better future.  
If you feel your medical condition is severe enough then apply for CPP-D
(they can only say "yes" or "no", at least you will get an answer.)
I was told once: If it isn't costing you anything monetarily, then apply, appeal and continue with your pursue of benefits.  Crappy way to go, but it will only give you closure on if you qualify for a benefit or not.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Fri 01 May 2015, 06:03; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 29 Apr 2015, 23:50

Wow! They do exist!!
Good for you to avoid the unnecessary circus of cpp-d. Congrats.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 22:52

I was approved the first time I applied, for Arthritis. As soon as I was told that I was being released, I was instructed by........either the MIR or BOR to apply for CPPD. It was approved and I was receiving payments, backdated to application date, before I was even "Officially" released from the Military.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 29 Apr 2015, 19:55

You are right Sapper. Everyone gets denied the first time.
I'm really curious who gets approved the first time and on what grounds...pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 29 Apr 2015, 17:57

thanks sap.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 29 Apr 2015, 17:11

With a late application, CPP-D pays a flat rate for disability I think. I applied late and was approved 8 years out of work in the military. There is a little known clause at the last page of the application that is for "cumulative effect" of multiple disabilities. This avenue takes into consideration all current impairments and if you do not qualify under the other ones, this is for you. Good luck.
Sap
BTW...everyone gets denied the first time. Wink

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 29 Apr 2015, 14:28

Yes , I would like to know.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 29 Apr 2015, 14:04

OK there is something seriously wrong here Rags. I was out for 8 years when I was told to apply for CPPD. I did not contribute a single cent over that 8 year period and I was approved.

Rags call CPPD again and ask to speak to a manager. Question 1 would be have the rules changed from the time you have not contributed to applying.

Actually that's the only question to ask.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 29 Apr 2015, 13:57

CPPD is for everyone.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 29 Apr 2015, 13:52

Maybe a brain fart I had the other day could remind others of something. Boy, do I feel really stupid.
My memory.

Sort of like tunnel vision, I thought CPP(d) only took into account CF injuries. Wrong! 
If we develop anything relevant for CPP(d) purposes on civie street it is applicable also.

Not talking pimples, rather serious medical issues... plurality is applicable.
Correct me if I'm wrong. 
pinger no like taxman.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 29 Apr 2015, 08:58

I have not paid any CPP in the last 6 years so I will not qualify for CPPD either in case I get instated LTD with SISIP I will not have to apply then.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 29 Apr 2015, 08:16

I guess the good news is that i am disabled and I do qualify for CPPD except that I have not contributed enough in past 3 years to get CPPD....which means SISIP gets no claw back from CPPD. Guess I have to hope those of us who fell through the cracks get SISIP LTD as we should have when we were released. Either way tax payer has to pay for incompetence for SISIP and CF.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next