Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Anyone Done Rehab/Retraining Through SISIP?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Has Anyone Done Rehab/Retraining Through SISIP? Empty Re: Has Anyone Done Rehab/Retraining Through SISIP?

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 15 May 2015, 14:06

Amen brother!

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Done Rehab/Retraining Through SISIP? Empty Re: Has Anyone Done Rehab/Retraining Through SISIP?

Post by Rags Fri 15 May 2015, 08:44

Rex holy crap still cant believe all the stories of failure by SISIP and individual efforts like yours to survive and go on with dignity. All of you who stayed the course pushed through the crap of SISIP and kept your dignity throughtout.....I Salute you!

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 14 May 2015, 13:21

I completely understand how you guys feel. When I released I was living in Ottawa, and I asked for a computer technician course, because I enjoy working on them, and had even built them for myself. That way I could work in a call centre or even start a small PC repair business from home. They refused that, saying that there was no call for something like that in the Maritimes. He said that with my disabilities, all I would suitable for would be office work, so all he authorized me for the cost of a few online courses for MS office programs. Then when it was time to help with job finding, because they didn't deem me disabled enough, I told them that I needed to restrict my search within a certain distance from my home, because I cannot physically sit on a bus for hours per day, getting back and forth. Their response was that I must not be serious about finding a job, and they closed my file. So, after they dropped me, I was lucky enough to land a job with the Commissionaires as a dispatcher, because they were the only company out of the 50+ places that I had applied to, that even gave me second look. But I ended up having to buy a second car anyways, because their shifts started hours before the buses started running.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 May 2015, 12:16

SISIP... DEFINITION... SUCK IN SOLDIERS INSURANCE PLAN!!! DIRTIEST BUNCH OF FKN CROOKS YOU WILL EVER HAVE THE DISPLEASURE OF GIVING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 May 2015, 11:21

LOL @ TripleT. Probably with CRA. Ah hahahahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Thu 14 May 2015, 11:00

HOLY CRAP IS RIGHT!!! I have to say that you have pretty good self control Rags! You said you don't use "herb" but you must be taking something else to take the edge off if you feel that "plowing snow into his driveway" is "enough revenge"! Personally, you would probably be hearing it on the news tonight because within 30 seconds of reading Teens' post, I would have been over there "poundin' his waste of space head in"!! He still with Manulife, or is he with CRA now?

When I released in '03, I met with a rep from SISIP who was quite pleasant to deal with. Very helpful and accomodating whenever possible. At that time, I believe the amount alloted for re-training was $20,000.00, however I was unable to convince the gentleman to "go all-out" for me. Perhaps it was the complete catatonic state I was in due to the meds that worked against me, I don't know, lol. I did manage to get approved for $12,000.00 for Heavy Equipment Operator training as well as my Tractor Trailer License. Not sure how I managed to get through that without ending up on the news, lol. Not driving anymore though, things went from bad to worse soon after that.

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 May 2015, 10:19

Well, I am awaiting approval for my schooling. I was told "Should be done this week." My Rep seems to be pretty straight up. Will let you know what happens as soon as it happens. Rags: you definitely got a raw deal. Sorry to hear about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 14 May 2015, 10:15

Hey sapper this guy was a Sgt retired Eng/sapper! I think he is now on the SISIP wagon with the lawsuit but sure was a stick in the mud when he was getting his nickel from SISIP. Piece of hypocritical garbage he is!

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 14 May 2015, 09:55

Wow. What a d bag. My sisip rep was an older guy named Sean...had no compassion for soldiering etc. He was in a wheelchair since age 16 after falling off his parents deck drunk and breaking his neck! He had no pain!! And no clue how dark ones world is living with said pain. Insurance salesmen/people are a separate breed for sure. Hope things have changed.
Cynical Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 14 May 2015, 09:46

75K......holy crap, I can remember being told my request for 10K to go back to University was way out side acceptable no matter what I wanted. A soldier of mine wanted to get a pilot course 13K and was full out refused. I was told and I quote the Oromocto SISIP rep.
"I dont have to give you anything......just cause your an officer you expect more? well all I have to do is get you gainfully employed like here at Tim Hortons or across the lot there selling burgers at Macdonalds. Thats all my responsibility is if its a minimum wage job thats all I need to do for you." He caled me a week later wanted to know what I had decided I said well how about 3K for a specific course I wanted to qualify for a job I figured I could do. He said no...."I will give you 1k that should help you get what you need" I walked away, I dont need to beg gravel or even waste another breath with that piece of crap for 1k.....I see him every week or so and have to force myself not to stop and pound his waste of space head in. But plowing snow into his driveway when I go by with my truck and plow is good revenge.

I never got a dime from SISIP for rehab 1K would not get anyone anything in this world.....well guess I could have bought a Macdonalds uniform and a Tim Hortons uniform and steel toed shoes..........but wait SISIP rehad money wont cover that.

Rags Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by teentitan on Thu 14 May 2015, 11:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Standing Request from Manulife not to have their employees names made public)

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 May 2015, 16:14

Thanks again, Teen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 11 May 2015, 15:55

$75K is supposed to be the amount. As for education choices this is what the sit down with the SISIP Manager will determine for you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 May 2015, 15:49

Do you know where I can find the amount(s) that SISIP will pay for someone returning to school? I met a gentlemen (fellow Vet) at Best Buy whose education choices were limited for financial reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 11 May 2015, 12:58

Good follow up Teen...my manager did fly into winnipeg from halifax to meet with me. Pretty easy as I remember.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 11 May 2015, 10:49

If you call SISIP they will get your Area Manager to get in touch with you and it could be done even faster as they usually come to the house and explain everything.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next