Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

+7
BinRat
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Kramer
Dannypaj
11 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government - Page 4 Empty Re: What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

Post by Teentitan Wed 28 Oct 2015, 21:58

The vet ID card will be for all vets just not vets on VAC's list. To do this they are going to use the DND files of released CF vets since WWII

Nav time to put your big boy pants on and contribute to the conversation instead of distracting the conversation. Many will not tell you but I will you are just posting nonsense so either contribute or pack it in. We are moving forward on veteran issues not gloating. So get with the program.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government - Page 4 Empty Re: What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 21:54

well said pinger and I here ya .

one thing I know for sure we now don't have to deal with a government that absolutely refused to do one darn thing about the buyout .

now we are dealing with a government that promised they would .

that not only gives us more of the moral high ground .

with the libs planning on moving forward with their agenda before years end we will see soon and his failed promises if any will be made very public so soon after an election even the ones to us.

so if he does nothing the election still puts us miles ahead of where we would be if harper won.

JMO

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 28 Oct 2015, 21:24

I look at it this way. November 4th, the MVA will be announced (better be someone credible) and seven days after is Remembrance day.
The media will be in full throttle (veterans will be in the spotlight) and I am sure someone will ask the question in regards to the promises that were made to veterans and when they plan to act or implement them.
And if not, back to social media and posting my questions or complaints on public sites for everyone to see, making sure that we are not forgotten.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 28 Oct 2015, 19:12

Don't know trooper. But with carding here, cards left, cards right... I want to be cardless short of an ace.

Anyway...
Navrat. I truly hope Justin fulfills his promises (and words) into action.
But remember... he's a politician.
You gonna bet your life on him or his words?
Myself, I don't trust any frackin politician.
But by next spring we will know much more.
Until then, he's just another crapshoot to me.
And I voted for him to boot!

Here's hopin'

Stay very well all.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 18:48

With regards to the ID card if I'm not mistaken that is in the works an I can't see the Liberals getting in the way of getting that done.
Also if I'm not mistaken a reply to one of our members from the Liberals stated that all existing benefits will remain.

I use my CF - 75  an it has my picture on it an the picture was from when I first signed up , so what they did is somehow pulled my records an took the picture from my records an somehow copied it on to my CF - 75.

I'm thinking perhaps they will do the same for this new ID card ?

Does this new card reflect all Veterans - or just those released on a medical ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 17:09

And the clouds ripped open and low and behold,,,,,,God gave us TRUDEAU! Think about this? There was nothing for 10 years and if Hmmmmmm, had been relected we could all sit on here and talk about how great our pictures look on our shiny new ID cards! But faith and change came,,,,,, now we are looking at LIFE LONG PENSIONS for the guys, I got one but some of my friends don't! ,,,,oh and ELB being raised to 90 percent,,,I'm on Sisip LTd hopefully Jesus, I mean JT mirrors that... And the frickin biggie , the biggest one all you CONS can ponder,,,, raising the survivors benefit to 7 0 percent so our wives don't live in poverty So Teen please give me your list because nothing that party did or would have wanted to do even comes close,,

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 28 Oct 2015, 15:59

Well said cserv

A few thoughts. Perhaps some of us are still in the euphoria of harpers loss and JT's majority. Heck, I voted liberal and I'm very happy harpers gone! However... I do not discount some true (very few) initiatives they came out with. That said, a bad taste lingers...
Now we have JT. I voted for his party but I still remain, cautiously optimistic. Hell, a year ago we were rightfully tearing fantino to shreds. Good case in point of hindsight being 20/20 today ain't it?
Now I really hope JT may refresh my faith in politicians because frankly, I never had much at all.
And he ain't the second coming of Christ either navrat, just day and night difference from harper.
Let's just wait... and see shall we?

It all depends so much on where ones situation is at doesn't it?.

And then to think of others... besides ourselves.

Just a weathervane of thoughts on a fencepost.

Stay well all. Pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 28 Oct 2015, 15:55

Gents, cool your heads and hearts. I have learned from bouth of you a lot and your expericence matters. This is a great veterans' venue for info and advice. No need for other things. Some VAC hacks would be happy to see some discord here.
Keep up the good work. Do not let 'them' divide and conquer!
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 28 Oct 2015, 14:30

FYI Rex CPP D is not taxed. The recipient has to set the tax deduction per month or take the hit at the end of the year.

Navrat what part of roll call don't you understand? The homeless vets was getting out of hand and the ID card's intention is to get an idea and have a starting point of where to look for groups and Vet org's that look for and help vets. Also what part don't you understand that anyone who served in the CF will get it. Do you know how many vets don't know what benefits they are entitled to? In other words VAC is trying to find them to help them.

Another thing Nav if you want to throw nothing but hatred at Harper that's fine. But if you can't take any rebutal give up on dishing it out! This conversation was running smoothly with ideas until you jumped in with your "JT not only walks on water but he carries the lake too love propoganda".

JT won that's great!!! Now look ahead and stop looking backward's and bashing away at Harper. You are wasting energy and only frustrating yourself and others. Focus your energy on holding JT's feet to the fire and make him come thru on his promises.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 28 Oct 2015, 13:54

While I will admit that a Veterans ID card is a good idea, that in no way implies that it is more important than improving the benefits, especially reinstating a life long disability pension, that mirrors those offered under the Pension Act.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 13:28

I LOVE TRUDEAU ! The whole country feels upbeat! Harper had us for a decade in a doom and gloom tea party kinda life! It's a lot sunnier out ever since he got elected! And I feel great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 13:24

How's the veteran who's homeless going to get a ID card mailed to him? And do you honestly think the Conservatives want to let veterans know what benefits they are entitled to, hell, for 10 years they did everything and more to cut , deny and screw veterans over. The Conservatives have never ever ever wanted to increase benefits for veterans! Harpers screw job against veterans will become known as the nightmare decade as time marches on! I'm sure veterans benefits were on the mind of Harper Inc. when he was partying with his outlaw biker, crack dealing Ford brothers , Conservatives, I have to laugh , Harper hates Marijuana but loves the crack dealing and smoking Ford brothers, it's really too much to take. Teen your dead wrong on this one, the Cons , no matter how you spin it , never ever had veterans interest first and foremost. Thank God ,,,Harper has to crawl back to Calgary with his tail between his legs because the man who beat him, TRUDEAU, Harper couldn't stand! I hope he learned something from this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 12:44

ya not sure if he is planning to scrap the vet card thing either we will have to see .

does anyone have any info on that it would be helpful .

if im not mistaken JT said something to the effect that his proposed improvements to vets programs were not in place of what the Tories were proposing but in addition to them.

not sure if the ID card was an exclusion from that or not.

anyone ???

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 28 Oct 2015, 11:36

Teen, if you are talking about the the UCCB, it was a poorly thought out benefit from the start. It is taxable income, but yet not taxed up front, (which is illegal BTW, according to the Income Tax Act), meaning that the tax burden will be on Canadians at the end of the year. They were also planning on eliminating the CCTB, which is based on income, and tax free. For example, I currently get both. The old CCTC is $68 tax free, while the UCCB is only $60 and I'll owe taxes on it in the Spring. The Liberals promised to introduce a new child benefit, that will not only be larger than what the UCCB offered, but it will be tax free, because only those who need it will get it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:49

Yeah glad to see JT is going to cancel the child tax credit to put the screws to the millionaires who have children....oh wait that's going to screw the families that need that tax credit too.  Oh well seems Kraft dinner sales will be on the rise again.

And yeah though the ID card, in some people's opinion is a stupid idea, is meant to be a national roll call for all vets to find those vets who do not know about the benefits they are entitled to.  It was also going to serve as a way to get a better grasp on how manyvets are homeless as well.  Yeah another useless idea that JT will not think of implementing.  Wouldn't want to find those vets not getting benefits, it would be a waste of money and besides it was a stupid Conservative idea anyway.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next