Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 20 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 04:49

Changes are being made at VA that is all i know and all my source knows so don't bombard me with questions please im in a fog. Change is happening meetings are on going and paperwork to be finalized and policys changed takes time. cheers

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 20 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 17:48

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 17:37

hey nav not from the minister just what they would like to see happen after consultation with vets young and old .

they believe ALL vets should be able to receive ELB,PIA and supp.

doesn't look like any increase to the PA pension as I read it .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 17:29

Propat, explain this to me because for some reason this is going way over my head. Does that mean PA guys can receive PIA and supplement if they get EIA or does the PA monthly amount go up due to the one million lump sum figure? Did the CVA get this from the minister ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 16:55

got this from the CVA website .

Harmonization: Lump Sum Award (LSA)

The LSA issue is complex and contentious. As a proactive veterans' advocacy group with a veterans support base composed of Canadians who served in from WW2 to Afghanistan, we have undertaken extensive consultation with veterans on the issues that they are facing. We appreciate their advice, concerns, individual needs and believe that we have created a harmonisation approach capable of addressing their wishes. Veterans who are entering the twilight years of life prefer a lump sum award so that they might enjoy a better quality of life and/or prepare for end of life responsibilities. Conversely, a vast majority of those who have been seriously wounded in Afghanistan since 2006, who are much younger and raising much younger families, prefer the life time security the Pension Act provisions. Harmonization also provides a viable method of addressing and satisfying most, if not all vested stakeholders concerns by providing a choice. Veterans preferring a Lump Sum Award would be provided for under a revised formula that acknowledges the Royal Canadian Legion's current position and the One Million Dollar threshold the Canadian Veterans Advocacy promotes. Veterans who prefer the Pension Act's lifetime obligation may choose to receive it. They will be given full privileges of the Pension Act, including spousal and family support. Applicable supplementary provisions –Veterans Independence Program- improvements enacted through the NVC will be available to all. This satisfies the immediate requirements for all veterans and restores the Sacred Obligation through harmonization with existing programs.

http://canadianveterans.ca/news/20140327_presentationNVA_PensAct.html

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 15:29

This is what I have been saying all along , the MVA has to be direct in his direction into the implementations , he has to order it done with timelines an progress reports , he cannot fall prey to the bureaucrats , it's his job to ensure those detailed to implement are doing just that an if there's a problem he needs to address that front an center.
Until this occurs , there always will be problems an delays in getting things done , an indeed , some may not get done at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 15:23

how about just simply offering the PA pension as an option ?

everyone is equal.

everyone the same .

fast , easy and simple.

just offer the PA pension as an option.

its that easy

it right

its what the NVC vets want .

and its fair.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 08 Dec 2015, 15:17

Wrote this on a string on Facebook.  Responses I received.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj Status update please! Sacred Obligation, what is next? Veterans are being left in the dark again! I thought this was suppose to stop when Harper was defeated!

Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 10:21am

Rudi Saueracker

Rudi Saueracker Well, it is like I have been saying for years now - and no one will listen. It isn't the politicians that we have to fight. If is the damned bureaucrats. Jenny understands that, Linda and Eric Magill understand that .. and it won't change until we get the politicians to take their respoinsibilities back andfire the incompetent assholes in VAC. Nothing difficult here .. we just have to get all on the same page. This comes from someone with a Quarter Century of experience dealing with VAC .. it isnt like I make this shit up just to hear myself speak .... the crats are the issue... Jenny NAILED it

Unlike · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 10:43am

Dannpaj

Dannypaj 12 years of waiting for me and still not resolved. In both PA and NVC which is a mess. Complaints submitted to the office of the Veteran's Ombodsmun a year ago the whole nine yards. Medically Released and treated like a 3rd class citizen. Thanks GOC!

Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 11:58am
Wayne O'Toole
Wayne O'Toole Rudi has it right. It is the bureaucrats who are at fault. You can replace the government every five minutes if you wish but unless you take the fox out of the hen house it is difficult to improve.

Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs
Michael Blais
Michael Blais the reality is, bureaucrats do what they told. And in the past, 10 years of conservative rule, they have been told to slash and burn. Now, I spoke to Gen. Walter last week, he is the top bureaucrat, I pulled him flat out, there had not better be any bureaucrat interference on the implementation of bills….He told me not to call him a bureaucrat. I thought that was kind of humorous. We are at a different level, for the first time we have politicians who are giving orders to improve, not slash, so let us all embrace the new government openly without whining until we see what they do. This can be a positive time for veterans who have experienced a long time of crap. No need to rain on their parade when finally, after years of hard work, we have come to the point where we have a government that is willing to address the issues of equality and recognition of national sacrifice. Until they falter, stand fast

Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs

Wayne O'Toole
Wayne O'Toole Mike you just said that bureaucrats do what they are told so there should not be any bureaucratic interference, unless they are told to do so. According to what you first said anyway. I'll stand fast when i am ready to.

Like · Reply · 2 hrs..

Rudi Saueracker
Rudi Saueracker well.. sure would be nice if the crats did as they were told. Mike, when was the last time you read the NVC or the VPA and then aligned those pieces of legistlation with the policies and procedures within VAC. if you care to read you will see that the policies and procedures do not even remotely resemble the legistlation .. I been doing this a very, very long time and one thing tha has never changed has been the bureaucrats screwing the Veterans. For anyone to say it is a political problem .. means that personn is a neophyte when it comes to thereality of the abuses of Veterans! And if you had really paid attention .. the changes that are already implemented or are in the process are the intitiatives from Erin O'Toole's time as Minister. It is far too early for any Liberal to take credit for even the most meager improvement .. simply look at the stakeholers meeting .. I guess you were there??? Be nice if others with great experience were included but that is the nature of the political animal .. those that yell the loudest get noticed wether they are right or wrong. I noticed in the meeting minutes that the ONE easy and simple fix that is already contained within the budget was not even discussed .... figures .. does the term SDA ring a bell people???

Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 15:12

Here's my problem , when the MVA makes a comment such as this ; " Look, we want to get this right not done quickly,” he said. “This is complex. There’s very many different streams of veterans’ supports and options out there and it’s not a magic wand that I have that can just say roll them all into one.”

They want to get it right - not quickly , teen you say DVA is scrambling with Ideas to get this implemented , well we all know the pace in which DVA works , we seen it countless times before....they could be at this for years before anything gets implemented.
Well yes everyone wants to get it right....but my point is that if their looking at merging both , the MVA should order it done period.
Also , a deadline should be imposed an a Monthly update on the progress should also be done an further to this...the MVA should give Veterans an update as to What , where , an how.
This would be in my view the proper way of going about this....keep tabs on those working on implementing it an also keep Veterans informed on the progress.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that we cannot take for granted that this implementation is going to become reality unless we get more info from our MVA , an we cannot take for granted that DVA will come up with a solution anytime soon if were hearing comments such as the above comment.
It may be complex , but so is bringing all those refuges in , in a quick pace as they are now doing....they are going to implement the tax promises effective Jan 01 , that would be worth calling complex , so yes getting it right is fair but how complex it really is , is a matter of opinion.
Further to this in the last part of his statement where he says;  " it’s not a magic wand that I have that can just say roll them all into one.”
Merging both the PA an the NVC would be doing just that , (rolling us all into one ) so I guess the merge option is off the table.

The best thing they can do is to scrap the NVC an bring back the PA with the NVC benefits excluding the lump sum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 14:56

ruck no response to mine as well except for the standard postmaster acknowledgement that the e-mail was received .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 14:52

this DOES NOT have to be a new benefit nor is it AT ALL likely a new benefit BE AT ALL ACCEPTIBLE !!!!

the only reason a government will not simply offer the PA pension as an option and decide to go through the long complicated route of creating a whole new benefit would be to save money.

that's it that's all .

the second they start trying to go down that road YOU KNOW FOR A FACT AFGAN VETS ARE GOING TO GET FRACKED AGAIN .

THIS WILL NOT STAND !!!!!

GIVE BACK WHAT YOU TOOK !!!! EXACTLY WHAT YOU TOOK !!!!

NOT A RISB STYLE REPLACEMENT THAT WILL ADD UP TO VERRY LITTLE TO VERRY FEW!!!!!

FORCING VETS ONCE AGAIN TO TAKE THE BUYOUT "AS AN OPTION "

NO FRACKING WAY!!!!

ALWAYS QUESTION ATHORITY!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 14:34

Mr Hehr start gnittihs or get off the toilet and let someone else have a turn

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:56

Well as of yet no reply to my e-mails to those whom are responsible for our file. Still never received one from Leslie pre or post election, but hell he got elected. Teen, Trooper what really seems to be the issue that Vet cant even get a sit -rep, like all other files that are a constant. Is it that they are concern more of the legal implications, on implementing life long pensions, on whether a possible law suit may arise. Well JMO , As a Vet ref the e-mail I sent, I asked that Question, and also explained that should this be the sore point, then they can send me A release form, being under the old PA, That I since being under the old PA , that any implementation will not affect one self, and regardless of those that receive lump sums, should be forgiven, on good faith, and morally the right thing to do , and the immediate implementation of the PA, and that I will not seek or come after the GOC for any numeration regardless of amount those receive, I here by give my up my rights to this. So MVA Kent Hehr this is the last thing I can think of to help my fellow vets to move forward, as I by time I am fortunate its time to give it forward , just my thoughts for what it worth. In post recovery mode, lot of meds, troops hope in hell this makes sense.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:11

Does anyone know what other veteran advocate groups are saying about the Liberals/MVA and their promises?

Are they as disgruntled and disillusioned as we are?

Is anyone a member elsewhere? If so....are we on the same page and if so how do we going about getting this cage rattled.

I am not expecting miracles big or small....but COMMUNICATION at the very least. I don't think it is too much for the Minister to give us some info. I can understand giving a timeline could be very difficult and precarious......but he can still tell us whats happening and a ballpark.........say by the Spring or Summer......2016.......2030 or what.

Perhaps we should all make a commitment to send him an email, at least there is a paper trail and date stamp?

Strength in numbers!

Riddick

Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:40

..............STNUC YTRID NEKCUF SKCIRP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next