Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 19 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 21:19

I don't think so nav just wanted a lawyer for chief I guess and of course they would find a liberal one . the connection although distant is still kinda creepy though .

propat

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 19 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 21:16

Thanks Propat, I couldn't do it on my blackberry! Kinda werid Sisip / Manulife.......Vac connection??????????
Does this mean anything or am I enjoying too many Crown Royals this evening???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 21:05

don't have a subscript so this is all I can get .

Bay Street lawyer hired as veterans minister's chief of staff

Simon Doyle

A Bay Street lawyer and a senior legal adviser to Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne are among the Trudeau Liberal government’s most recent hires for cabinet chiefs of staff as the government edges closer to filling the top adviser positions for all 30 cabinet offices.

Christine Tabbert, an executive and legal counsel for Manulife Financial in Toronto, has joined Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr’s office as chief of staff, the minister’s office confirmed. She is a former partner with Fasken Martineau in Toronto and ran in the 2011 federal election as a Liberal candidate in Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke. Ms. Tabbert lost to Conservative MP Cheryl Gallant, who won the riding again in October.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 20:46

Check out the globe and mail, there's an article that says a top lawyer that worked for Manulife has just been appointed to veterans affairs. I can't paste it but it's an interesting read!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 18:03

would never have a male CM to begin with they don't have the guts to join the military then they don't have the right to judge. the lady i have now got off to a rough start but things are looking up now that she has seen my complete file. never wanted a thing from va sisip forced me to claim just wanted retrained. IT is their fault i am having to rely on the system and they know this.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 09 Dec 2015, 17:12

I really hate how some VAC staff believe that veterans are leeches, and only looking to milk the system. IMO, if they feel like that, then they need to find other employment. There are all kinds of Veterans who are getting PA pensions, and still being gainfully employed after their release. The way the table of disabilities is, the only way someone is going to make enough to survive with just PA pensions; they would need have two or three severe disabilities, several minor to moderate disabilities, or a combination of both. But even a bunch of lesser disabilities assessed at 10-15%, really add up on a person's well being, when looked at as a whole, instead of seperately.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 14:47

Here's the thing guy's....once you start looking to get medically released Veterans back to work the whole Idea of being disabled becomes obsolete.
Now the pressure is placed on the Veteran to either try to re enter the work force....or continue to receive benefits under the spotlight of knowing that they may loose those benefits.
This is what the New Veterans Charter is all about....getting those folks medically released back to work.
This concept would - or may work if there were systems in place before one was to be medically released from the service....if your at that point where there's no alternative but to be medically released so be it....but don't put benefits in to work towards getting that Veteran back to work , leave that up to the Veteran...the system medically release you...so the system that follows DVA should look after you indefinitely
this has to be where the change or focus has to be...you all know...like it is with the PA.

You should not be medically released from the service if your still able to work today - or tomorrow.
If the medical problem is to a point where you still have a chance at getting back into the work force....in that case the responsibility should lie within the service to provide benefits while your still serving like those in the NVC to allow for that chance to see if that person ends up being suitable to be employed outside the service...only then is when a release should take place.

The end result is your either medically released with indefinite benefits - or your rehabilitated from your medical problem an are released out of the service going into a civilian job.

I have said this many times before , no matter what government holds power , until the PA is brought back Veterans will be fighting the government for many many years to come , you can add as many implementations to the NVC , but if anyone of those implementations don't reflect along the lines of the lifelong pension within the PA....it is set to fail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 14:27

Well my cm back in the sisip ltd trial day did say to me that she thought if we were able to collect full pension act monthly amount and sisip ltd that she considered it "double dipping" but we won! That's why I have little use for them, there personal views cloud there judgement they should only go by the rules regardless of what they think

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 09 Dec 2015, 14:01

Since 06' I've talked to about 15 CM's and 6-8 ADM's and all they have ever want is for the NVC and PA to merge.

It took a bit to get them to admit it, don't know why, but when they open up about merging they all say the same thing....it would make their job a lot easier. They are burning out trying to comprehend two acts and one of them is constantly in flux.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 13:53

I really am starting to believe the bad service and poor moods that some vac cm display is a Vac system wide problem and not anything to do with the MVAM My friend had a vac cm come down to there house and they were talking and got on the topic of Pensions and the pension act and he told my friend that vac doesn't really want the pension act back because it stops veterans from returning to work. He actually said it's the only nail that the veteran has so most of them hit it with new disabilities as mush as possible. Nobody on PA ever gets better just worse. Oh and he said according to my friend that this is starting to be seen in the elb program, nobody wants to go to work they only get sicker to prolong there benefits. Kinda shitty thought process and it may have been only that cm personal thoughts but I believe it is system wide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:08

that's exactly what it is trooper as per the link . I know the libs have been talking with this organization prior to the election and prior to JT,s announcement of the promises so they would be very aware of this.

weather Hehr is or not im not sure but if I were a betting man I would say mike would have already made this clear to him . think I read somewhere he spoke with him very shortly after his appointment .

thought the libs were looking at something LIKE this but after Hehr's latest comments that is now unclear .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 10:45

With respect to the Harmonization , this was a presentation presented to the House of Commons Standing Committee on or about March 27, 2014 by the Directors of Canadian Veterans Advocacy.

That's as far as I know it got...have no clue if our new MVA is even aware of this.

Perhaps it may be one thing their looking at....unsure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 09:05

oh I here ya buds probably wasn't the intent of this piece anyway but they do say ALL so ill take it as I read it . im guessing the intent was to stress if they take the PA pension they can get the improvements enacted under the NVC ( minus the ones that replaced others )but again ill take it as I read it.

personally the million dollar buyout is a scary one to me . not that I think it will happen even if it pro rated but ill tell ya why .

yup saves the GOC money in the long run and it can last a long time for the vet with proper financial planning .

ive helped a lot of folks with financial planning . thing is very few listen . tv aint broke but its not new enough or big enough , need a car? the 5 year old one at the auction isn't good enough its got to be new off the lot or 1-2 years old tops at the used car dealer . stuff like that .

even the financially disciplined like me may have to deal with divorce like me . just to watch half go get pissed away and the come back at you to try and get more . so after the legal fees more than half disappears .

some of the reasons I hate ANY buyout but I guess if its an option people will just have to lye in their bed the way the made it .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 09 Dec 2015, 08:16

I don't know if those getting EIA will ever be eligible for PIA, because the exclusion is written right into the bones of the legislation. But they should be a able to qualify for PIA supp
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 06:57

Would like to know if that vet that was charged and jailed with planning to blow up va office in alberta is getting the help and benefits he deserves or was he abandoned anybody know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next