Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 27 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by pinger Tue 24 Nov 2015, 20:36

Not sure of your crystal ball Navvyrat, but it concurs with Slaket. Overdue after a flipping month, No hear 'em speak 'em on promises? Where are the actions that support those promises made? Best my guts can figure, MVA Hehr may be sincere, but he's still getting his feet very very...wet on our federal file.

And so we wait . . .
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 27 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Slaket Mon 23 Nov 2015, 16:01

Navrat

That sounds great. Let's hope it happens.

Smile

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Nov 2015, 15:04

I got it on very good Intel, my crystal ball, that next week an announcement will be coming from the JT superstar team!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Mon 23 Nov 2015, 14:31

Honestly I would have expected a little more after a month. Some kind of direction and timetable.

The major points of the Lib platform WRT Veteran concerns were well known and mentioned by JT numerous times before the 19th of Oct. So all that was required over the last month was to develop a plan of action and determine what could be done with just the stroke of the government pen and what required more, ie house of commons, senate , etc..

But where is that...I have seen and read very little from this ministerial office..
My concern level is slowly starting to rise..

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 23 Nov 2015, 11:41

trooper and Navrat: exactly my sentiment
Mr. MVA talk to Veterans and do some fireing from VAC.
Looks to me that they are just cosing up to the new minister. It started with VAC Union 'congratulating' him after his appointment.
Start implementing some election promises.
Thanks

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Nov 2015, 11:19

Great post, Sparrow, my only wish is the New minister fires everyone of those at VAC who served under the previous government and hires , appoints new blood. This is the only way to change the mind set at that department.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Nov 2015, 10:33

Good post Sparrow....it's good that the MVA is getting out an actually engaging in conversations with the headquarters of DVA in Charlottetown.
This I think is a sign that the Minister is serious about making sure that he puts the right things in place to ensure the best for Veterans.
I hope that he does the same with Veterans themselves....Veterans can add a whole lot of positive suggestions to better the system in particular when it comes to benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 22 Nov 2015, 19:19

Good scoop birdie! Thanks for the info.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 27 Empty Minister of Veterans Affairs, Kent Hehr, raises morale in Charlottetown

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 17:27

There is a renewed feeling of mission and purpose in Veterans Affairs Canada headquarters in downtown Charlottetown these days. Things began to brighten following the Oct. 19 federal election with the defeat of the Stephen Harper government which had embarked on a campaign of job cuts, office closures and spending freezes which affected the department’s ability to deliver services. The visit by new minister Kent Hehr last Friday could only be described as a happy time — with engaging remarks from the new minister and a warm reception from hundreds of employees.

Minister Hehr came to town saying he was a little scared of his new job because he has a big challenge ahead of him. He asked employees for their help in getting the job done, declared there was a great team in place and that he has every confidence in their abilities. It was exactly what workers wanted to hear — a team approach to solving problems and delivering programs on behalf of veterans.

The tenure of former minister Julian Fantino can only be described as a disaster with his confrontational and disrespectful approach to veterans, which included closure of district offices, claw backs on pension and public shouting matches. It was a bitter experience that failed to subside even with the appointment of respected deputy minister, General (retired) Walt Natynczyk in November 2014 and new minister Erin O’Toole in January 2015.

The new government has re-energized the federal civil service in Ottawa, after years of work suppression, job cuts, spending freezes and unilateral changes to pensions and benefits. And now the same is happening at VAC national headquarters in Charlottetown.

Minister Hehr said additional help is on the way as the department plans to hire 400 more frontline workers to assist in service delivery. Many of those new hires are expected to come to P.E.I. That will fulfil one of several key Liberal election promises, which the new government intends to deliver on. Another is the re-opening of the district office in Charlottetown, following the controversial closure decision which galvanized the city, veterans, Legion and business groups against the move.

Minister Hehr says veterans need better support in areas like mental health issues, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), as well as vocational retraining to help in reintegrating into civilian life. He was saying all the right things while expressing his willingness to obtain input from VAC employees “because they’re the experts.” It was a refreshing and eagerly awaited statement.

It’s about time that politicians gave credit where it is due.

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Opinion/Editorials/2015-11-20/article-4350456/Minister-of-Veterans-Affairs,-Kent-Hehr,-raises-morale-in-Charlottetown/1

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 27 Empty MVA Hehr Working Overtime This Sunday

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 17:18

22.11.2015 Getting down to business at the Halifax International Security Forum with MND The Hon. Harjit Sajjan (center right), CDS General Jon Vance (second from left), DND Deputy Minister John Forster (far right), and VAC Deputy Minister General (ret'd) Walt Natynczyk (far left).
Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 27 12243256_867659950008751_3401121300338254269_nhttps://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/photos/a.561872067254209.1073741828.542205665887516/867659950008751/?type=3&theater

Last edited by Sparrow on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 17:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Nov 2015, 13:36

I received an email response regarding the contact information for MVA Hehr at the Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs.

The Ministerial Inquiries line is 613-943-5151.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 15:46

Sorry to hear about your friend teen. They must of reopened it I was informed years ago it was closing and my file was being sent to kingston. They will come to your home and help you and on the phone so office location in my opinion needs to be cost effective and cover the majority. I personally have no use for an office it is a place where I was put on trial like a common criminal. I see it as a place where adjudicators get paid big money that should be paid to disabled veterans. A court room where your cross examined for being injured in the service of your country. I hate them F buildings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:50

Well Hehr has a foot in the door with the DND so if he doesn't bring it up to bump the LTD to 90% then we can all remind him they are the same policies different departments.

Oh FYI wild thing there is still a DO in Peterborough. They handled my friends cancer claims last year before he passed away. They also did a lot of inhome work, and phone work near the end with him and his wife.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 10:34

I agree....most likely the LTD would be increased also....but I still think it would be a good Idea to remind - or ask the MVA if indeed this is going to be the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 20:27

That's true, wild thing. I actually dislike dealing with them I don't need VAC to act like my mother and father. Just give me the benefits, cash and no hassles and I'm happy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next