Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 34 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 13:35

well it was obvious to anyone with half a fracking brain what a complete failure this thing with the buyout in place would be. but after 4 years tops it should have been obvious to anyone with the mental capacity to breath .

so they very well fracking knew this was fracked but the evil frackers did nothing for no more reason than money .

propat

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 34 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 13:30

I agree wild thing , the bureaucrats need to be dealt with an iron fist !

We need an MVA that stands up to whoever an whatever gets in his way !

We don't need any reviews , someone somewhere from the Liberals had enough knowledge to bring forward their Veteran platform , so fix it , implement it , an move on.

JHC , were talking about the head of the government coming out publicly once again saying that they will get it done.

The MVA has to get this stuff written up an has to submit to those writing it up that here's what I want , get it done an if you can't , I'll find someone who can.

I'm quite aware of some things taking a bit of time , but only during the implementation phase , they know what they promised , no need for any reviews , just get done , just like they the Liberals have said they would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 13:28

Yea but it was brought front and center under the conservatives watch don't care what idiot thought of it just care what idiot put it into practice. their are lots of idiot ideas floating around parliment hill but not all of them are acted on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 13:26

well lot of blame to go around here . teen is right libs brought it in . i voted for the cons that year in hopes they would at least remove the buyout before they implemented it .

but nooooo they implemented it as is and refused to entertain removing the buyout ever since.

he made his bed and now he lies in it.

lets hope JT sees harpers mistakes and gets this thing done right.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 09 Nov 2015, 13:19

Actually wild thing the NVC was brought in by the Paul Martin Liberals. Also it was created by senior VAC bureaucrats (all retired now) and brought to the floor of the HoC by then Liberal VAC Minister Albina Guarneri
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 13:13

I agree teen don't expect much before new budget in March but what they have to realize is the majority of those suicides are because vets are abandoned by the country they swore an oath to defend. And they were abused mentally for suffering an injury, and left unable to support their families And more or less told they were con artist and liars and should be ashamed of them selves for asking for benefits that should be a no brainer. Any bureaucrats that would fight this needs to be fired and their pensions removed as they are a discrace to this country and no better than hitlers henchmen. The only way it can be done is retroactive to 2006 it wont cost them much as most of the injured still owe time before monthly pension would kick in for them. Dont buy the cons caring they brought this nvc in and stole from disabled veterans probably stole the kids holloween candy bags when they came to their doors to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:50

dec 3rd hmmm about 3 weeks to here something . well just gotta wait till then i guess .hopefully what we here is positive .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:02

From the Globe story Danny posted......

“We have to review the entire playbook at Veterans Affairs with an eye to the issues surrounding our men and women leaving combat,” the Trudeau cabinet minister said in an interview on Sunday.

On Sunday during Question Period on CTV John McCallum said that the cabinet is in the process of meeting and discussing the Liberal promises made during the campaign. He said that on December 3 there will be a release of the 'who and what' is going to get done asap.

That said; Hehr used the R word which, in my opinion, means the veteran issues are not a priority at this time.

The Liberals made 3 promises which are budget items because it is an increase to the "operating budget" and start up costs are needed:
1. 400 new employees
2. re-open the DO's
3. the life long pension

So we have to see what is in the budget after the throne speech. I don't expect any movement on the reinstatement of the life long pension. That one is going to be a very complicated promise.

There was a lot of great input by members here but during the Review Hehr is going to do he is going to realize no matter which way he wants to bring it back there is going to be blowback from the bureaucrats. Hehr may try every way he can but the way I read this the choice is obvious to keep this promise....a merge of the PA and NVC. Maybe not the whole of both but a portion of each to bring back the life long pension.

Just make sure whenever you communicate with him you continually push April 2006 as the retro date. Don't let this be a "going forward" change.

I'd like to now address the sudden seriousness of the suicide rate. This was a very hot topic that the Cons were working on but the problem they had in hiring the psychiatrists, social workers, CM's etc is the Government hiring practice and procedures.

I have spoken about this with a lot of staffers, OVO, and various Ministers that hiring procedures need to be changed and changed immediately. The Cons at one time did try to change the rules but the blowback from the Senior Bureaucrats was the same as an atomic bomb!

Last week PMT (Prime Minister Trudeau) spoke to the Foreign Affairs staff and basically it was a kiss and make up moment. Yes the Cons were hard on civil servants but that was because they wanted the civil servants to remember they served the public not themselves.

I applaud PMT for doing this but at the same time I'm sad that he had to do that. NO PM should have to kiss the civil servants ass to get them to serve the Canadian Public like they should be served....without bias or contempt.

I hope that PMT can take advantage of the make up stage and get the hiring practices changed. There are a lot of professional people that want to help veterans and CF members but they can't believe the hoops they have to jump thru and, like us, get frustrated and give up.

Hehr is in a very tough spot and he sees that big ball of shyte starting to roll towards him. Do we give them time? Sure but no more then 1 year in my opinion. As long as we always remind them the retroactive date is April 2006 then veterans will get what they deserve.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:59

Scroll down on this Facebook page and you will see JT.
Press play and listen.
Just in case you missed it.
Kent Hehr shared it on his timeline.

Straight from Kent's Superior!

https://www.facebook.com/truepatriotlove/?fref=ts
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:36

Thanks Danny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 08:41

thank you for that danny .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 06:51

He say's he will do what's necessary to get it done , now let's get - er - done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 09 Nov 2015, 06:42

Words of encouragement! ! ! More info, enjoy!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/veteran-affairs-minister-vows-to-change-how-ottawa-treats-returning-soldiers/article27171466/

Asked if this means a bigger overall budget for Veterans Affairs, rather than just reallocating funds within the department’s envelope, Mr. Hehr said only that the Liberals will “do what’s necessary to fill our promises” and he would ensure the money that’s necessary is there for former soldiers.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 06:42

Good inputs folks

Last edited by trooper on Mon 09 Nov 2015, 06:44; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 19:01

yup that's exactly what is required . no fracking BS .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next