Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 18 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 13:51

nav im not sure she is coming from an insurance background at all looks to me she is coming from a legal and financial background . will keep looking for any connection to the insurance side though .

propat

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 18 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 13:49

oh I very well understand that teen but what they normally DO NOT do is ignore be unhelpfull with or act against the ministers agenda . they are employed to help them accomplish that.

if the libs are planning on doing this and doing it right and she doesn't help with that or acts against it she will likely be fired.

if they plan on doing very little but making it look good and she us unhelpful with that or acts against that she will still likely be fired .

she is an employee as I said .

this thing goes south I WILL NOT be laying the blame on her I will be laying the blame on her boss and his boss.

much ado about nothing .

just a staffer .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 13:47

But her coming from an insurance background and the insurance train of thought...ie all claimants are scammers.... Does this appointment bode well for us veterans? Having someone telling the MVA advice from that background? I just don't know, something doesn't add up here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 10 Dec 2015, 13:24

Good point wild thing but as said many times the GoC is not an insurance company.

But just think what would happen to the money if the CF paid the GoC instead of an insurance company.....any profits would be taken by the GoC to fund something that has nothing to do with the CF or as the last Lib leader did take the money and balance the books.

Propat COS's have more juice then you think they do. I found out real quick ignore the Minister corner the COS to get answers, information, something done. Hehr is the face she will be running the office.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 13:12

If goc and serving members pay the same into ELB and not to manulife there would be more than enough for war time. more then 100 times more is paid to manulife then they would pay out if the whole Canadian army was wiped out sisip and manulife don't make sense never did something weird about that whole arrangement...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:58

well teen it all depends on the lib party and more specifically the PM and the MVA .

she is not taking over the vet file she is just an employee . if she wants to further her carrer in politics the best way for her to do that is to help her boss get done what he wants done . if she does that she will look good . if she ignores her job to play the back room so to speak and ends up getting fired that would probably not help her much.

the real question here is WHAT DO THE LIBS want to do???? I mean specifically!!!!!

as for SISIP not Manulife as a whole I hate those frackers but the issue that brought the court case was not their doing that was the GOC,s doing .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:40

Not many insurance companies out there that will give serving military members insurance who can go into a war zone.

That said I don't see Manulife/SISIP being phased out until the GoC can broker a deal to keep CF insurance but not SISIP.

One point to remember about Hehr's new COS is she is a political wannabe. She lost when she ran so will her concentration be on the vet file or furthering her political career by being a player behind the scenes?

Does not really pass the whiff test.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 11:21

I believe merger might be in the cards, Vac union wants Sisip Ltd for jobs or to keep jobs for there members, same program, who knows

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Thu 10 Dec 2015, 11:16

Okay we have seen action on the immigration/refugee front...
First Nation/RCMP issue and the murdered and missing indigenous women ..
Yet all quiet on the Veteran Front....well except for the hiring of a past member of our archenemy SISSIP..!

I'm not feeling good about this.

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 09:47

well SISIP is a very very small part of Manulife . Manulife is a huge beast . outside of the company name I still don't see the connection to SISIP maybe she did work for SISIP at one time I just hevent found that info yet. sparrow im sure you meant SISIP in that question because if the 08 crash didn't bring down Manulife it is unclear to me what will .

other than being a hard-core lib and possibly having the skills to run the office and maybe assisting with the legislative side im not really reading a whole lot into this .

they probably will look into getting rid of SISIP it just makes sense to me but who knows if they will actually do it.

I did read she grew up on a family farm in Pembroke and when she ran for office one point in here small platform was security for seniors and vets . not sure if that means anything or not.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 09:24

"Christine Tabbert, an executive and legal counsel for Manulife Financial in Toronto, has joined Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr’s office as chief of staff, the minister’s office confirmed. She is a former partner with Fasken Martineau in Toronto and ran in the 2011 federal election as a Liberal candidate in Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke. Ms. Tabbert lost to Conservative MP Cheryl Gallant, who won the riding again in October."

Could this appointment be in connection with the possibility of phasing out Manulife and merging with DVA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 07:20

All I know is I won't kiss any arse never have never will. hoping for PA but expect some weird alternative with strings attached so we can be their puppets and they can cut us off if we don't dance on their command, that won't work for me I don't dance anymore, they know that no amount of money will make me bow down to their demands. It is about what is right and what I can live with and deserve. My situation is 100% their fault and they know that and also know they cannot control me like a puppet anymore. STAND YOUR GROUND VETERANS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 06:03

I don't know if she is all that wild thing but maybe so time will tell. thing is SISIP is only one small part of Manulife . im not sure she had any dealing's with SISIP or any Manulife insurance . it appears to me she would have only worked the financial side .

yup just herring the word Manulife is kinda creepy and she is a lawyer but im thinking this COULD work . just really don't know enough about her yet to make a educated guess .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 05:03

What does an insurance company not want to do, pay out money owed by what ever means nessesary. Her job was to screw injured people out of money owed to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 21:32

Means she is a piece of.... going to screw the hell out of vets to save the goc money. son of a..... are we ever going to get a break!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next