Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increased Disability Award & Retro

+60
atarijedi
Tonythebosn
Idioventricular Rhythm
TK
prawnstar
Cdnspr
BinRat
tetech
Artynewf
Old Army Guy
Ireland102
cdnnavy77
thunderbolt
cosmo12
Incognito
Bigbrook
Taz
Tanker73
GunnerturnedTrucker
Jacko
wolfgate
bigthree
bog6
Willie
bosn181
Have a good one!
Bluesky1943
tiger660
Tilap61
Gardener101
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Armygunner
Iceman
Rustytheviking
EZRider
Oliv617
Shogun-VP
czerv
Slaket
Vet1234
LawnBoy77777
vaincre
PhaseIV
pinger
Dannypaj
Panserbjørn
Teentitan
Rifleman
johnny211
VRI
RCN-Retired
Teager
1993firebird
srproctor
LostTrucker
bigrex
rucksack031
Recon031
64 posters

Page 29 of 59 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 44 ... 59  Next

Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 29 Empty Re: Increased Disability Award & Retro

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2017, 14:14

When VAC puts up an example on their website and then takes it down without explanation, something is up.
This couple with the lack of info is just pure cruelty.
Have they not heard of the word, organize?
Well not that long to wait now, all I can say is there's going to be a lot of disappointed Veterans if this retro award payout is not legit or fair.

Also, let's not forget about the promise of the Lifelong pension, this needs to be brought to light.

Back to top Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 29 Empty Re: Increased Disability Award & Retro

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:31

Supremedebater wrote:Everyone has to stop guessing. As well, do not be surprised if the GOC shrugs the LSA off and they drop a bomb on everyone and say they simply cannot.

Well for someone that says stop guessing, you are purely guessing and conveying your messaage that is simply your thought.   Wait till the letters come out and then we can see what this GOC is doing for the Veteran.  The only thing I can say with 100% certainly is that MVA Hehr should be fired for his non work and good old boy attitude of not informing the Veteran of what his department is actually going to do for us and when.  Oh, except another office is opening up which newer Veterans do not need to go and have a coffee with stafff.  

Tic Toc as time slowly passes away to get some info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Mon 20 Feb 2017, 11:00

I hope I'm wrong

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS Mon 20 Feb 2017, 10:45

Well Supremedebater,

that dosen't give a person a warm and fuzzy feeling,

here's hoping you are totally wrong,

No Diserespect,

SIGS PIGS

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sun 19 Feb 2017, 20:06

Everyone has to stop guessing. As well, do not be surprised if the GOC shrugs the LSA off and they drop a bomb on everyone and say they simply cannot. If you also think they're coming up with the equites fix from the budget your wrong. This government needs to be brought to the table for all they're lies and deception. As well, Hehr committed at the stakeholder summit that the goc will top up the difference from every veterans max they got. So if someone got $280,000 should they not be entitled to the difference like Hehr said ? $360,000 minus $280,000 equals $80,000....that won't happen! Prepare to get steam rolled, they do not give a crap people. Watch the sh*t will hit the fan when people start getting letters....there's no way that they're giving out cheques to anyone without screwing vets over....they do not care!

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 17 Feb 2017, 16:54

Yes. That's right Big Rex. I meant pension not award. Thanks for the correction.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 17 Feb 2017, 16:52

No, this top up only applies to those who have previously received lump sum awards.

And as per what Vet said, any reassessment or appeal for a pensioned condition, would result in an increase of the monthly pension, not a lump sum award. But a consequential disability would.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 17 Feb 2017, 16:24

If you were pensioned at anything less than 100%, you could always ask for a re-assessment for a disability award if you feel that your condition has worsened, or that you were pensioned at a lower percentage than you feel is/was appropriate.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 15:57

bigrex wrote:What Trooper was saying, is if you submit a claim for a new service related condition, like PTSD, which can manifest years later, any new award can only be paid up to the balance remaining of the 100% cap. So if you had a 20% disability pension, you can still be approved for a 80% disability award, or if you have a a 80% disability pension, any new award would be limited to a maximum of 20%.
Well I guess that brings me back to my original question...This retro award or whatever it`s called, is only for those released after 2006 with a lump sum? Being released before 2006 and getting a monthly payment I should just soldier on as it doesn`t pertain to me?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 17 Feb 2017, 15:52

What Trooper was saying, is if you submit a claim for a new service related condition, like PTSD, which can manifest years later, any new award can only be paid up to the balance remaining of the 100% cap. So if you had a 20% disability pension, you can still be approved for a 80% disability award, or if you have a a 80% disability pension, any new award would be limited to a maximum of 20%.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 15:32

Trooper wrote:If you received a Disability Award between 2006 to present, you would be entitled to a Supplementary Payment from that award or awards received during that time.

If you are not 100% in terms of benefits from the old pension act, you can apply for a Disability Award up to the percentage amount remaining up to the 100% mark.
I "think" I was released/assessed at 40% though I haven`t looked at the paperwork in a decade. So you mean I can submit for a Disability Award of 60%? If so how does one apply for this "award" - bear in mind that having been released prior to 2006, I already receive a monthly income from VAC it was NOT a lump sum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 15:01

If you received a Disability Award between 2006 to present, you would be entitled to a Supplementary Payment from that award or awards received during that time.

If you are not 100% in terms of benefits from the old pension act, you can apply for a Disability Award up to the percentage amount remaining up to the 100% mark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 14:50

Good day,
I was released prior to 2006 with a medical pension. Will there be any amendments to my payment either positive or negative come Apr. 1 2017?

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 15 Feb 2017, 10:10

Hi Siggy, 211 er here. Nothing really new. Just that we should receive letters in March, and get retro sometime in Apr. Out..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS Wed 15 Feb 2017, 09:14

Shocked anybody hear any more news on the Disability Award and Retro,

thanks in advance,

SIGS PIGS,

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 59 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 44 ... 59  Next