Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 31 of 47 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 39 ... 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 31 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by johnny211 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 09:10

In my twisted Ptsd mind, would it not make common sense that anyone who is TPI, and cannot work again be moved to level 1. I know VAC will probably have some sort of another assessment. Just thinking?
Johnny Out. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Fri 17 Mar 2017, 22:50

Thanks Trooper and for the calculations in the other thread.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 15:25

Other then what was previously said;

"Expanding access to higher grades of the Permanent Impairment Allowance to better support veterans who have had their career options limited by a service-related illness or injury. The potential impact of the permanent and severe impairments on veterans' career advancement opportunities would be considered in determining the appropriate level of financial support."

No other info has come forward, they will be putting out the new change with it's info after April 01, 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Fri 17 Mar 2017, 14:49

So now that the lump sum payment has been figured out anyone hear anything on the criteria for CIA?

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 11:54

vaincre,

Yes it would, you went from 20% award, down to 15%.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaincre Fri 17 Mar 2017, 11:45

For disability benefits
Hello I would like to know if someone has received an amount of 20% in 2010 and receive a revaluation in 2012 of 5% less will this affect the amount of the disability benefit
I address it because veteran does not answer this question for now
Thank you

vaincre
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 20:27

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 17:58

Second reading (House), as of March 24, 2016
Subscribe to a feed of speeches and votes in the House related to Bill C-12.
Summary
This is from the published bill. The Library of Parliament often publishes better independent summaries.

This enactment amends the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act to, among other things,
(a) replace “permanent impairment allowance” with “career impact allowance”;
(b) replace “totally and permanently incapacitated” with “diminished earning capacity”;
(c) increase the percentage in the formula used to calculate the earnings loss benefit;
(d) specify when a disability award becomes payable and clarify the formula used to calculate the amount of a disability award;
(e) increase the amounts of a disability award; and
(f) increase the amount of a death benefit.
In addition, it contains transitional provisions that provide, among other things, that the Minister of Veterans Affairs must pay, to a person who received a disability award or a death benefit under that Act before April 1, 2017, an amount that represents the increase in the amount of the disability award or the death benefit, as the case may be.
It also makes consequential amendments to the Children of Deceased Veterans Education Assistance Act, the Pension Act and the Income Tax Act.

on a good note was watching this online and they voted for all of it and it all passed on the parliament of Canada website under committee meetings i am sure more info to follow

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 31 Empty CIA

Post by 321HTRCN Tue 07 Mar 2017, 19:45

Second reading (House), as of March 24, 2016
Subscribe to a feed of speeches and votes in the House related to Bill C-12.
Summary
This is from the published bill. The Library of Parliament often publishes better independent summaries.

This enactment amends the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act to, among other things,
(a) replace “permanent impairment allowance” with “career impact allowance”;
(b) replace “totally and permanently incapacitated” with “diminished earning capacity”;
(c) increase the percentage in the formula used to calculate the earnings loss benefit;
(d) specify when a disability award becomes payable and clarify the formula used to calculate the amount of a disability award;
(e) increase the amounts of a disability award; and
(f) increase the amount of a death benefit.
In addition, it contains transitional provisions that provide, among other things, that the Minister of Veterans Affairs must pay, to a person who received a disability award or a death benefit under that Act before April 1, 2017, an amount that represents the increase in the amount of the disability award or the death benefit, as the case may be.
It also makes consequential amendments to the Children of Deceased Veterans Education Assistance Act, the Pension Act and the Income Tax Act.
read less

321HTRCN
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 18 Feb 2017, 12:07

Yes, with PTSD and other psychological conditions, even if the Veteran finds it difficult to work, a psychiatrist might believe that their difficulty could be mitigated by the right meds and treatment. That is why it is harder to get TPI determination for psychological conditions, because it's not like they can look at X-rays or surgical reports, to help support their claim.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 17 Feb 2017, 21:00

i just going by what i heard my own doc say that he deals with many military vets in halifax and he has had some very interesting ones coming in wanting to be put tpi and there was no way he could but there are many that he was able to help as a head doc and he always puts does not recommend returning to work % does not really matter if you have the evidence to back it up and the diagnose then there should be little to stand in your way

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 20:57

Rustytheviking wrote:I have tried two times to get tpi. My case manager says my rating is not high enough (72%). I have not worked since being medically released in 2011, and I am still on ltd. haven't worked and have had no success getting down that road. I'm waiting on another disability claim, and my case manager says that a favourable decision might help with tpi. Though, when I read the criteria for tpi, I qualify. Maybe my mangler sucks.
what`s the 'criteria" , seems to me if a psychologist states 'patient cannot work with the public or unsuitable for everyday surroundings " or whatever it shouldn`t matter if your rating is 25, 35, 60% etc? I would think, then again I`m not a Dr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 17 Feb 2017, 20:10

I am 55% and I think your mangler sucks.
The TPI policy is pretty easy to interpret. If you think you qualify, ask to have a TPI decision initiated.
If I had listened to my CM, I wouldn't have even asked for a TPI decision. She said I wouldn't qualify.
Sounds like you're getting the shat end of the stick with your case mangler.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 17 Feb 2017, 19:45

i know people that got tpi at less than 50% you can always ask for a new case manager they had the doc or mental doc put down does not recommend returning to work

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Fri 17 Feb 2017, 19:44

I have tried two times to get tpi. My case manager says my rating is not high enough (72%). I have not worked since being medically released in 2011, and I am still on ltd. haven't worked and have had no success getting down that road. I'm waiting on another disability claim, and my case manager says that a favourable decision might help with tpi. Though, when I read the criteria for tpi, I qualify. Maybe my mangler sucks.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 47 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 39 ... 47  Next