Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 47 of 47 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 45, 46, 47

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 47 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:50

Navrat ,

The Liberals are focused on the NVC , we will see when the particulars are out but I doubt they will change that , hopefully I'm wrong.

Personally myself , the tax free PA is much better regardless of the difference in how much this CIA is - or is going to be , but that's just me , I would not apply for it , if it was offered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:41

What will the rates be for CIA? I can see it being one level!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:40

Trooper what about the EIA clients, ? The rule is if you have ever or are receiving EIA you can never get pia or supplement.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:27

I'm thinking any Veteran who's Career was cut short due to Medical reasons will now qualify to submit an application for this particular benefit.

Maybe ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:25

It's the 'optics' of the name change that makes me go hmmmm?

I think it's a long-game move. 10 years down the road Joe Canadian will not look at vets as impaired/disabled rather career impaired. Which Joe Canadian will ask why are vets getting an allowance for not working? Totally glossing over the fact the vet is impaired/disabled.

Makes the Libs look 'responsible' for when they reduce it from 3 levels to just 1 level.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 10:57

ya me as well teen . one would guess that new standards are coming out for the determination of grade levels based on your disabilities impact on your career . thing is after watching the lions,tigers and bears of this unadulterated shyt show the political clowns in charge could just be planning to give the whole fracking circus away. who the frack knows ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 23 Mar 2016, 10:37

This is very curious. Can't wait to hear why the name change.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 47 Empty Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 07:33

Expanding access to higher grades of the Permanent Impairment Allowance to better support veterans who have had their career options limited by a service-related illness or injury. The potential impact of the permanent and severe impairments on veterans' career advancement opportunities would be considered in determining the appropriate level of financial support. The benefit would also be renamed Career Impact Allowance to better reflect the intent of the program.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 47 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 45, 46, 47