Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 36 of 47 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41 ... 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 36 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Vet1234 Sun 15 Jan 2017, 20:58

So if changes to the allowance come into effect on April 1, 2017...
Whats the deal with the "individual assessment?"
My career was cut short, like many others.
Anyone hear anything about new criteria or when the assessments will happen?
Will they happen on the back end, or do they need input from the individual veterans?
If the rules come into effect in April, one would think they would assess before they are mandated to change.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2017, 19:11

Expanding access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance

The Permanent Impairment Allowance is a monthly allowance paid to Canadian Armed Forces Veterans who have a permanent and severe impairment resulting from a service-related injury or illness that has affected their employment potential and career advancement. It is payable at three different grade levels (or rates).

Veterans Affairs Canada is committed, through Budget 2016, to an expansion to the Permanent Impairment Allowance. These changes build on improvements made in 2015 to broaden Permanent Impairment Allowance eligibility and align with recommendations made by the Veterans Ombudsman and the Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs.

Expanding access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance will better support Veterans who have had their career options limited by a service-related illness or injury.

Budget 2016 reaffirmed the Government’s intent to provide for the long-term financial security of ill and injured Veterans.

A number of factors are considered when assessing the grade level of a Veteran eligible for the Permanent Impairment Allowance. The changes will expand access to the three grade levels by introducing an individual assessment which will measure the impact a service-related impairment has on a Veteran’s career advancement opportunities, and will consider years of service.

The changes mean that Veterans will be more appropriately compensated for the specific impact on their careers. No Veteran will receive less money as a result of this assessment.

For example, a Veteran who was assigned a grade three Permanent Impairment Allowance assessment due to a service-related injury prior to this enhancement may be eligible for a higher grade level and higher Permanent Impairment Allowance payment based on the new individualized assessment, which would take into account the Veteran’s specific circumstances such as the impact on his or her ability to earn an income and the degree to which his or her military career was cut short.

The program name will be changed to “Career Impact Allowance” (from Permanent Impairment Allowance) to better reflect the intent of the program, which is to compensate for loss of employment potential and career advancement opportunities.

Changes to the Permanent Impairment Allowance will come into effect April 1, 2017.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/budget/expanding-pia

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sun 15 Jan 2017, 19:02

Been a while since we've talked about CIA replacing the PIA..
Anyone hear anything?
We all seem to fixate on DA Retro, myself included.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 05 Dec 2016, 13:16

I just checked and you are right Bigrex. It's applied to my EELB as well.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 05 Dec 2016, 11:56

You are right, it does reflect an increase of 1.3%. It should be reflected on the the benefits you receive though, not just PIA/S. It doesn't officially change until after the new year, and likely won't be paid out until next month, but with the holidays coming, they may have tried making some changes early.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Sun 04 Dec 2016, 22:42

Vet1234 wrote:Anyone else notice a  change in their PIA /S?
just  checked myvac

Permanent Impairment Allowance $599.96
PIA Supplement Allowance $1,103.06

was
$592.26 and $1,088.90.
Also says "This reflects your current benefit standing and does not include benefits previously paid in full. Current monthly benefit values should be part of payment scheduled for . "
doesn't have a date like usual

not sure if my EELB changed, wondering what this is all about..

I believe its just the annual increase as it is indexed.  My monthly disability pension went up a little bit as well.  Thought it didnt happen until Jan of each year.....strange
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sun 04 Dec 2016, 21:37

Anyone else notice a change in their PIA /S?
just checked myvac

Permanent Impairment Allowance $599.96
PIA Supplement Allowance $1,103.06

was
$592.26 and $1,088.90.
Also says "This reflects your current benefit standing and does not include benefits previously paid in full. Current monthly benefit values should be part of payment scheduled for . "
doesn't have a date like usual

not sure if my EELB changed, wondering what this is all about..
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Thu 17 Nov 2016, 18:35

Wonderful news Vet1234:)
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by tetech Thu 17 Nov 2016, 17:23

No Worries, I think I'll has a coconut/cannabis oil capsule......

tetech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 17 Nov 2016, 17:20

Hang in there TE!
I call VSC soooo much to inquire on my apps.
My DA really assessment is on its way too. I applied in August. They kept saying they were 8 months behind and then Nov 10th I got a msg on my Vacation with the paperwork for my doc. I called today about my FCRB app and magically it's on My vacation at step 2!
I call everyday. Seems to work
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tetech Thu 17 Nov 2016, 17:07

Congrats!

I'm still waiting....

tetech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016, 16:11

Happy to hear that Vet1234.

Also, you have moved in your applications in lightning speed, it paid off and shows proof that the benefits are there to apply for, you need to also give yourself a pat on the back for moving forward in your quest to obtain these benefits.

Good work by all members in showing their support and help all around! Outstanding!

This is what CSAT is all about, helping one another in every aspect in dealing with our file.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 17 Nov 2016, 16:09

Awesome Vet1234, congrats. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016, 12:24

great stuff vets I'm very happy for ya .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 17 Nov 2016, 11:12

Congrats

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 47 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41 ... 47  Next