Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 46 of 47 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 46 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 08:25

yup that's what I said earlier trooper but we will have to see what comes out in the wash to be certain .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 04:00

That could be one of the reasons behind the name change - or the sole reason behind the name change but the fact still remains that the promise was to " Expand access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance to better support veterans who have had their career options limited by a service-related illness or injury."
Promise number 3 from the Mandate Letter.

From what I'm reading from the Budget , apart from changing the name , "  career advancement opportunities would be considered in determining the appropriate level of financial support."

So it looks like the expansion that they are adding is going to be taking this career advancement opportunities into consideration in determining the level of financial support.

The only advantage I could see is if someone who is receiving the old PIA/PIAS at a certain level and now with this new CIA could have their level increased from the new expansion.

Also for those who are now applying for the CIA their initial grade level could be higher with this expansion compared to the old PIA/PIAS.

Congrats Sapper on your approval !

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 23 Mar 2016, 23:06

Really? So changing the name of something that has been around for a decade, by one letter, is supposed to make things magically less complicated? EIA, EIAS, PIA, PIAS, ELB, EELB etc., is no different than EIA, EIAS, CIA, CIAS, ELB, EELB etc.

The only reason I could really see for this name change would be for optics for Joe public, so that they do not think that Veterans were double dipping by getting a life long pension based on level of disability, AND a separate life long benefit based on level of impairment.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:01

great to here sap good stuff .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:45

I called my friend and the name change from PIA to CIA and the reason the OVO suggested that PIA be named differently was because it was confusing when dealing with the many alphabet benefits of EIA, EIAS, PIA, PIAS, ELB, EELB etc.

So to help distinguish the difference for VAC adjudicators, veterans, CM's etc the Libs agreed and changed the name from PIA to CIA. And yes the CIAS is still in play.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:42

Great news enjoy

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:25

Great news Sap! So the change is name only!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:23

CIA is the PIA...got a call this morning while in therapy. Approved level 2 PIA/CIA and adjudicating on TPI. Mixed emotions here but good news all in all.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 23 Mar 2016, 20:39

Too true!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 23 Mar 2016, 18:42

Can you imagine the bs that one will have to go through to apply for this 'benefit'?
It will be harder to get it than disability. But on their papers it will look like it is 'available'.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 23 Mar 2016, 16:50

PIA come CIA is smoke teen...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 23 Mar 2016, 16:33

BinRat - Ya it all makes no sense, lets put out the budget, but not tell DVA workers or Veterans the details/dates..WT.. VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Wed 23 Mar 2016, 15:56

Alright just got back from speaking with my CM, and she's like us, all she know's was what she had read in the papers about
what was in the Budget, and for anything else, she has no clue as to who what how why when anything is gonna be brought in

So, even VAC front line workers are in the dark on these, and or when they will come into effect

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 23 Mar 2016, 13:03

Well, I remember there being recommendations about taking such factors such as age into account, since a severe disability will affect a person who is in their 20's more, career wise, than it would someone in their 50's. A perfect example of this is ELB. There will likely be more younger Veterans at the lower end of the ELB spectrum, because they didn't have the opportunity to rise through the ranks. So maybe the new CIA will take that into account.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Wed 23 Mar 2016, 12:51

I am about to go see my CM for my monthly meeting we have setup dunno if she'll know anything but I'll ask..

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 47 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47  Next