Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+37
tiger660
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
41 posters

Page 28 of 61 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 44 ... 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 28 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Rifleman Wed 18 Feb 2015, 09:04

Congratulations big rex

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 28 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 08:22

its been cold but it seems it needs to got a lot colder before they put their hands in their own pockets .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 08:01

glad I got that outta my pocket, oops thought it was full, Get your hands outta my pocket you thieves FUGGERS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 07:59

I do not understand the extra allowance shyit, as it makes no fugging sense to keep bargaining with our fugging money who the fugg do FUGGING MC and COOPER think they are, where the FUGG is the justice for veterans here. LEAVE NO VET BEHIND my ares thats a FUGGING laugh MC because if you Left a Veteran Behind you can't rob the FUBBER blind, AFUGGIN HOLES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 07:39

ya bigrex they do also deduct gst/hst/pst where required so that may account for this .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 18 Feb 2015, 07:32

tax this.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 07:07

Rex,

Not a bad surprise, took long enough to reach your mail box, that is if all of the cheques were sent out on the same day by MC.

With respect to the Legal fees, according to the Cola court order, MC had asked for 8% + 0.038% for an additional allowance for out of pocket expenses - in the order the Judge agreed with that - so look for 8.038% for Legal fees to be deducted.

Now according to my calculations which may or may not be correct with the total of the Cola being $609.32 and deducting of the 8.038% for Legal fees the amount should add up to $51.06 taken off for those Legal fees.
In your case they took $52.97 for Legal fees - this leaves a $1.91extra which they took from you - so this $1.91 would be the question I would be asking about, and I would think and answer would be deserving.

Further to all of that, Deloitte has been appointed to review, and monitor this order, if and that is if, they are making mistakes, Deloitte should know about it - not accusing anyone - just looking for and explanation, and they very well maybe a perfect explanation that would account for it.

It may have something to do with the tax withheld by Manulife.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 18 Feb 2015, 00:12

I just looked at the paperwork, and I noticed something alarming. The legal fees charged was $52.97, on my $609.32 of COLA. That actually equals 8.69%. The court order stated that legal fees are to be calculated at 8% even. It might only make a difference of a few dollars, but if they charge an average of an additional 5-10 dollars in legal fees from every Veteran, that could be of a hundred thousand dollars stolen out of our pockets. The lawyers are taking enough of our money, so why should they get away with taking even more than they are supposed to.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 17 Feb 2015, 22:32

Well, colour me surprised. I received my COLA cheque tonight. I haven't had a chance to read everything thoroughly, but as a 24 month client, I just got $548. The package also included an invoice for the legal fees, and a letter explaining that the legal fees and disbursements are tax deductible.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 20:15

Hi there nessie,

Appreciate you passing that on to us.

I am going to guess that the $50.oo administration is for what the order calls a "administrative correction"

This is where any debt cancellation that was not factored into the cola of the class member's first refund.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 19:36

Evening, just wanted to pass on that I received my Cola cheque in the mail today. I am a two year client, June 2010 - June 2012 and cheq is worth maybe a tank of gas for my truck (had a administrative deduction of just over $50 taken off it plus of course $11.84 for legal fees). What is this admin deduction all about? Perplexed at that. At the end of the day I guess this is better than no gas LoL I live out in southern Alberta.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 17 Feb 2015, 16:57

No COLA for me. Evil or Very Mad

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 08:37

nav you may have a big one buds the nightmare may just be worth it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 08:36

yus trooper and by my math in my case it would be better to take the hit this year so I think I may not even bother submitting it . sure I could be wrong and it mey save me a few buck but its not worth the potential nightmare .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 08:16

propat,

The bad news is that everyone who receives a COLA cheque will receive a T5 next year for that interest paid on our COLA.

Also, because it is considered retro - those who received $3500.oo - or more might be in for another 1198 nightmare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 61 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 44 ... 61  Next