Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

+14
Dove96
loggie
Rifleman
oldsailor
abetterway
bigrex
acerman1234
Sapper Zodiak
peep
ceedee
Newfie
rucksack031
Teentitan
pteadams2002
18 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics) - Page 9 Empty Re: Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 18:44

if untouched by anyone but the class and the ELB guys this fund will be worth more that its current ten mil in aprox 15 years. due to the demographics of those eligible to receive the grant and the restrictions on it I seriously doubt anywhere near half the fund will be touched (at least by disabled vets) . however if they were to give priority for those in the final year of education we could come close. not that they would select from those that still have 3 ore 4 more years so those on there final year will never be able to claim it and thus keeping more money in the hands of their lead negotiator FRACKERS!!!! just watch and see how many on their last year will be denied.

always question authority
propat

Back to top Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics) - Page 9 Empty Re: Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics)

Post by Ex Member Fri 10 Jan 2014, 15:18

I agree with all the above points ~ to add to those is the uncertainty of whether a Sisip Class Action member will be selected in the annual "500 Bursaries" lottery draws is a concern. In turn, as time moves forward, I speculate that the Fund principle and interest earned within the portfolio, will be depleted for in house costs, favors and agendas.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 10 Jan 2014, 13:18

I agree that this was done only because the negotiator for the GoC was the person in charge of AUCC. So therefor this 10 million is going into HIS organization's pocket, not Veterans'. And like I said before, only half of the class members get access to roughly half of the money.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 10 Jan 2014, 10:42

This must have been a payout to the lead negioater who worked at or managed aucc . Raw deal all around and this makes no sense! Why give severe disabled veterans education money when some won't or can't attend schooling. Why should families get it, nieces or nephews , when it was the veteran who suffered. This 10 million should have been split among the class to do with how each individual sees fit. Raw deal all around

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 10 Jan 2014, 08:35

The 4.8 million is going to be given as bursaries, to those affected by the clawback under the ELB program, even though they were not part of the class, nor had to pay any legal fees. They will have to wait several years before any money is available to them, so maybe if they are successful in their own possible class action, concerning retro, maybe they will negotiate their own settlement and leave our settlement to the SISIP class members.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 07:52

Agree fully Question 

Back to top Go down

Bursary Fund (Assorted Topics) - Page 9 Empty $4.8 Million to admin the Veteran Bursary Fund a little high?

Post by acerman1234 Fri 10 Jan 2014, 07:01

Say it is not so...........................

$1300 X 4000 = $5.2 million........$20 Million- $5.2 million = $4.8 million in fees

The court order states interest and what is left over from the $5.2 million of unused bursaries to be redistributed as extra bursaries.
This leaves $4.8 million is FEES?

Please correct me.......screwed again?

acerman1234
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 16:04

Received my password yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 21:08

I read in the AUCC all the stuff. We can give our bursery to our...... niece. So also if we got a lot of old veteran, if every veteran take or give his bursery to a younger member of his family, a lot of us will not be able to claim our bursery. I would prefer a sure amount than a first ask, first have. Some course only take a year or two........and if you are the last one to ask for your busery....... can you claim it after your course is finish like the year after because you were the 536 claiming for his bursery during the year of your course..... i will call AUCC in january to have an answer to this question

Grosgig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Dec 2013, 18:08

The settlement order provides for a $10 million bursary fund to be distributed to class members and members of their family. The bursary fund will be administered by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada.

Information about the bursary fund can be found at the AUCC's website: www.aucc.ca/veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 19:38

still have to wait for a password to get on the site and see my profile man lets just hope the over hand right lands faster than that uppercut boys lol first come first serve what is this a damn Rolling Stones Concert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 19:29

teen im guessing due to vets with no kids and kids not going to post secondary and mostly due to the average age of the disabled vets in this class im guessing top end aprox 1750 vets will be in a position to take advantage of the bursary with the restrictions on the number per year even if they gave priority to students in their final year of post secondary their will be less than that. if they don't give priority to those in their last year it will be far less than that.

windfall for some lawyers pet project

the way I see it anyway

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:25

"What we seem to have here is a lack of communication!"

Just called and the 535 limit per year is a court ordered amount. So of the 7000+ class members only 4,013 will be guarenteed to get it over the next 7.5 years.

I guess the balance of the class that did not get their bursary will have to 'duke it out' with the ELB members.

This is not the way it was explained to me by Peter D during the negotiations. I was told all SISIP class members that apply get the bursary and the balance left over of the $10 million will be given to the ELB after 7.5 years.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 12 Dec 2013, 10:16

My last child being educated starts her final semester in January...wonder if she will make the cut? Why only 535? Should be available to all...she can't wait until she gets the $1300 to finish!! Seems odd at best.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 09:36

since this is written in stone there is not a lot we can do except to ask that all dependents on their final year be given priority.this I think should be done immediately.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next