Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

+8
1sea0shell33
Panserbjørn
Vet1234
pinger
bigrex
Rifleman
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
12 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 5 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2016, 16:26

It's difficult to understand what their talking about, new rules, are they referring to the 15% ELB increase? Other income sources, are they talking about LTD?

Back to top Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 5 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by bigrex Wed 14 Sep 2016, 13:08

No, PIA/PIAS does not affect your ELB. That is why I feel that the lump sum can be easily replaced with a PA style pension, since there are currently some of us getting PA pensions, along with full NVC benefits, but because you have to be severely disabled to get them all, the number of Veterans who will be eligible for the full suite of benefits, will be low enough that it isn't breaking the bank.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2016, 09:14

They did not indicate. Since I'm zeroed out by SISIP alone, I'm assuming they don't include PIA/S. SISIP hasn't considered it previously, neither has VAC for ELB as I understand it. The para above was the entire email reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 14 Sep 2016, 09:01

Is the PIA and PIA / S considered income for ELB and LTD?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2016, 08:15

The following is what I got from My VAC acct this morning

Veterans not in receipt of a monthly Earnings Loss Benefit payment,
due to their other income sources, will be asked to provide up-to-date
income information so we can determine whether they are eligible
for a payment under the new rules. You will receive that letter
by mid-October.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact
us again via My VAC Account or our toll free number 1-866-522-2122.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 16:08

The last time there was an announcement regarding changes that were made to the ELB, to changes made to SISIP in following those changes made to the ELB, it took a little over 6 Months before (anything) was said by SISIP. It was the Minister of National Defence who on April 10, 2012 made the announcement. So it's nothing out of the ordinary for us to be kept in the dark about SISIP being increase to 90%, for 6 or 7 Months before anything is heard or announced. We must remember SISIP and VAC are two completely different departments, both having their own allocations of funds, to fund programs, OR changes made to programs. I see nothing wrong with Veterans continuing to seek answers on where SISIP stands today, and or tomorrow on implementing the same change as the ELB. It is always a good Idea to keep the pressure on to ensure they all know that Veterans understand that SISIP needs to follow changes made to the ELB. However, personally I am confident that by April 2017 OR before we will hear the announcement from the Minister of National Defence announcing SISIP be increased to 90% as per the Oct 01, 2016 15% increase to the ELB. Also along with that announcement will come with a retroactively payments backdate to Oct 01, 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 08 Sep 2016, 14:02

I suspect ELB also takes COLA into account like Manulife does

https://youtu.be/XZRn4r3_oDU

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 08 Sep 2016, 13:17

Rex my contact is in the loop for SISIP decisions and he has heard nothing, repeat nothing from DND. The CF Ombudsman has raised the issue and they are hearing nothing, repeat nothing.

Hehr also holds a position with DND and he doesn't even bother answering emails about the issue.

If you want to continue to be optimistic that is your choice just like my choice is to be "proactive" over "reactive".

Worrying about how we look in the press or with the public should not be a factor in advocating. The public knows how screwed up our file is and this is another one of the Liberal lies you do not want to expose in the press.....an open and transparent government.

Not answering a damn simple question for over 8 months is not my definition of an open and transparent government!!

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Wed 07 Sep 2016, 13:30

Maybe I am jut naïve but I have hope that it will work out without a lawsuit.

As for the return of the pensions that will require a fight.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 13:01

2006 Canada Gazette said ELB to supplement SISIP.

Work together. I heard they are going to fix the 90% thing. Hard for them not to as SISIP pays 1st for service injury (a gross injustice as SISIP is soldiers' money. Why are soldiers paying for their own service disability?)

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 09:15

New here but have to give my two cents. I agree with bigrex the RISB is a joke designed by the Conservatives with a flashy title and all the bells and whistles for one group and one group only, the media. The deductions and claw backs will result in very little for the average veteran. Now the reason I believe Sisip LTd will follow is simple , does the government want or need another lawsuit? It's so obvious that the two programs are identical, mirror one another and service the same clients for the reason it was intended , it's a wage loss program, both of them so I'm hoping almost certain come Oct things will straighten out.

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2016, 05:20

wholy crap boys when really is the time to start the fight on this ????? after something is implemented or in this case after the time something should have been implemented IS TO LATE !!!!! always has been always will be .  if October 4th aint the time then when the 5th ? the 6th ? the 20?

ya all know how long it takes to beat a message into the GOC,s collective fracking skull don't ya ????

I sudjest to you that the best time to start protesting on this single issue has already come and gone because if they had absolutely no plans on increasing SISIP and the protests were effective in swaying the GOC their is probably no way that they could have the increase out on the end of Octobers payments .

but read on this protest is not just about the SISIP issue it is also it is also concerning the lifelong pension . now the time for protesting that is arguable so ill leave a lot of room to play on that so lets just say LONG before april 1st 2006 .

I'm thinkin the timing on this protest does not fall into the ,pulling the trigger to early, category but more like the, its about time, category .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 07 Sep 2016, 00:51

You are right, ELB didn't give full retro, but they did cease the PA clawback on their own. But that is only one example. ELB set a minimum of $40000, SISIP followed suit. ELB extended full benefits for reservists, and SISIP followed suit. As far as your contacts are concerned, that is not really proof of anything. Likely only the top SISIP members would have been read in on any changes, so if there was any leaks, it would be too easy to narrow down the source. The CF ombudsmen's office wouldn't be in the loop either, because they aren't part of the decision making process. So I will remain optimistic, until I see or hear a press release proving me wrong.

And I did, and still believe, that the Tories were screwing Veterans with the RISB, based on the calculations that they provided. But I didn't go to the media over it, because I know that by the time most people on ELB turn 65, it could change a dozen times over.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 06 Sep 2016, 23:05

Rex just because I stepped down from advocating doesn't mean I've stopped talking to my contacts. SISIP has heard squat, the CF Ombudsman is getting nothing, the DND has yet to answer my emails for 3 months.

Your analogy of ELB and LTD mirroring each other has one flaw....did ELB give the retro to their vets after the SISIP LTD lawsuit? No. There is a court case that is going to be heard in January.

In the past you yourself had no problem saying the Cons were screwing us over without all the information or payment, RISB for example.

You have advocated from the sidelines Rex I have been face to face with them. Waiting is the wrong thing to do.

I've been told this by ADM's on their way out, DM's, former COS's of Ministers and they all say the same thing...."if you do not confront the problem immediately you only help create a very long hard obstacle to overcome....the bureaucrats and public."

Now you may be thinking this is a political thing to me well you are wrong. This is a reality that needs to be addressed for all vets. Vets that are Conservative, Liberal, Green, NDP or don't even vote.

If you want to make a difference in helping vets you have to be proactive not reactive. Get ahead of the problem no matter how it may make you look. Believe me for all the years I advocated I always spoke my mind whether it was obvious or not because I wanted to hear the answer first rather then not hear it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 06 Sep 2016, 22:46

But what facts are there to check Teen? They haven't said that SISIP will be increased to 90%, nor have they stated that it will remain at 75%. The lack of information is only evidence that there is a lack of information. IIRC, even you yourself have pointed out in the past, that SISIP mirrors the changes to ELB, within a few months, and is often backdated. Like when they set a minimum ELB rate of $40000, and a few months later SISIP followed suite, but they never announced those SISIP changes several months in advance. Yes, call them out on the lack of communication, but until they say one way or other, but making a blanket statement like the Liberals are screwing SISIP recipients, is just poor judgement. It would be like calling up VAC, and tearing into them for not paying you on time, before you even look at your bank account.

For lawnboy, I'm not sure about your calculations for the ELB increase, but would love to read the paperwork you mentioned in your post.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next