Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
jack22
sailor964
meteck
bigrex
Brasidas
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 3 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by meteck Fri 17 Jan 2014, 09:17

helps a lot..means its down to the nitty gritty..one decision away from justice..for vets young and old and really frickin old...do these people proud and just and no one will question it from any angle..i feel good about the corner we seem to be in..win or come out swingin!!!cheers

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 21:40

I almost forgot. Here is Michael Blais' email.

mlblaisrcr@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 21:38

I spoke to Michael Blais yesterday and then emailed him with the information Veteran's Advocacy has requested.

They need our names, contact information and a brief synopsis of how long you have been affected by the respective program clawback and in general figures, if you wish, how much you think you are owed.

The more people that give their information is more ammo to use.

Michael also told me that the issue of retroactivity is before the Privy Council and if they give the nod for retro we get it, if not we got to court to get our money.

Send your info.

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Sun 12 Jan 2014, 18:34

wonderful,uplifting speeches gentlemen..very inspiring..in the end I think ill go this alone. ive met to many who have been threw the elb ride and ended up way short of the dream va is selling..ill let you no how the fight ends..

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jan 2014, 20:54

Not only should we go to court but we all should help by gathering each and every little bit of usefull info that will help this process.
They are alone and scared of us, they are small in numbers and we are great, we are the ones that will end this tirany, we are the best this nation ever had and we proved it, we are more than they ever will be cause what we are we did it trough principles that came from our beleifs and trough our hearts. We are great because what we did was and is still tge truth.
We are more than they are because we know what is the truth, all they know is a lie.
We will conquer, we will prevail, the truth shal be known and we will win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sat 11 Jan 2014, 19:32

I agree with nav go to court it could be a long process but I think it would be the right move that is my personal opinion

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jan 2014, 14:17

Go the court way with the elb retro , why wait!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jan 2014, 14:13

Government is scared, very scared! Interest rates are low , really low but what happens to all government if and when the interest rate rises and having a 600 billion debt, you'll see our banking collaspe like Greece? It's coming and everyone at the top knows it

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 11 Jan 2014, 10:37

Actually Road, Harper went to school to be an economist, but has never actually worked in the field. He went straight from school to working in a Conservative constituency office in Calgary, and groomed for hyper partisan politics. Therefor it is no surprise his circle of friends mainly include those in politics, Big Oil and the banks. We can only hope that his support base has drooped enough with all the scandals, that he is ousted next year.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jan 2014, 09:39

BLG pro bono, there is no good or bad law firm, their motovation is how much they can make.
Sure it will cost us just like in the sisip case, at this point it's better to fight and loose big than do nothing and loose it all.
Just remember one thing, our PM is a lawyer, big oïl, big pharma, Monsanto, banks and so on are on his side, their priority is the economy, not ours, cause the canadien economy does not exist anymore, not as we know it, it's now a world economy where the rich get richer and the poor get nothing, this is what we are up against and this is why we got nothing.
Prior to 1974 the bank of canada was for the people and charged zero interest on loans and our defecit was a little over 18 billion, then private banks took over and started charging interest, we now ow them about 900 billion in interest, this is where all of our money goes to and this is why canada has no money for us, canada is a privately own company.

Go ahead, fight with all you can, we all are on your side, just dont hurt yourself in the process,.
Gather all similar precedent cases that were won, maybe this way you will be able to restore justice.

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Fri 10 Jan 2014, 11:58

ill be getting in touch with mr blais in the near future ..in the meantime can anyone recommend a lawyer based in central/southern Ontario with knowledge of the rehab program or veterans issues. I finally got my freedom of info act to work and have received 2 years of march of dimes monthly reports without any signatures on them ..shocking,,anyways I want to move ahead with legal action and need a lawyer..anyone knowing one that fits this situation feel free to drop his name in this forum.. UPDATE..still no word on the results of the hearing to determine eligibility for using the new total amount of 71000 for education on the rehab program..when I know you will..its a busy year ahead for me so lets hope we can band together with this blais fellow and be prepared in case the gvmnt says we aint getting out coin back.. we need to organize ladies and gentlemen!! and although I am not religious say a little prayer for both the soldiers lost recently due to suicide but for those who currently teeter on the edge..hang in there people..hang in there!!lets look out for each other

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Thu 02 Jan 2014, 15:34

An other little something to share with you from Canadian Veterans Advocacy!!!

CVA Situation Report – Update - Earnings Loss Benefits – Retro activity - legal action.

Be advised that the law firm of Col -ret- Michel Drapeau OMM CD has formally agreed to represent a veteran in reference to the claw back of his VAC pain and suffering pension with the Earnings Loss Benefit provisions and the monies that were deducted prior to the period when the government ended this unjust practice. In June, 2012, the Harper government responded to the Manuge SISIP decision by ceasing the deductions of VAC pain and suffering monthly pensions for those supported through the Earnings Loss benefit, War Pensioners Allowance and Canadian Forces Income Support Benefit.

While the focus of the potential legal action is related to the ELB retro-activity, this initiative will have an impact on the WPA and CFISB as all programs have been included within the harmonization pledge and deductions have ceased. The Canadian Veterans Advocacy has been provided permission to assist in the PRELIMINARY PHASE and we are encouraging all veterans who are supported under the Earnings Loss Benefits program who have suffered the financial burden of this claw back to contact Michael L Blais CD, CVA, so that I might ensure that you are duly noted. Should legal actions be necessary, we will have accumulated a formidable data base of registered veterans to provide to Colonel Drapeau’s law firm.

I reiterate, we are the preliminary phase, clarification has been sought from the ministry and their will be a lag in response time as parliament is not in session and the decision involves the treasury department and other elevated government entities.

Adapt, overcome, prevail. We will take advantage of this lull and focus on establishing a strong foundation for a potential class action suit I would encourage you to send this message to anyone that you know who is on the ELB, the War Pensioners Allowance and the Canadian Forces Income Support benefit.

The Canadian Veterans Advocacy has been founded on the principle of One Veteran, One Standard. Dennis Manuge and his legal team set the standard for the thousands of veterans affected by the SISIP claw back, the government has pledged to harmonize and the CVA will continue fight on as many levels as necessary to ensure their are no 2ND CLASS VETERANS in this nation, that we are all treated equally and with all due respect for the sacrifice that we have made on behalf of this nation.

Contacts
Email.

Mlblaisrcr@gmail.com

Mail

Michael L Blais CD
Canadian Veterans Advocacy
6618 Harper Drive Niagara Falls Ontario l2e 7k6

Pro Patria Semper Fidelis

Michael L Blais CD
President - Founder Canadian Veterans Advocacy
6618 Harper Drive, Niagara Falls, Ontario
905-359-9247 /// hm 905-357-3306

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 17:48

Great guys it seems this Goverment only listens to the courts, enough BS , take em to court!

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Thu 19 Dec 2013, 11:16

Well i send my info to Mr Michael Blais, is email is:
michael.blais@canadianveteransadvocacy.com

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Thu 19 Dec 2013, 10:17

"We merely need your name, contact information and a brief synopsis of how long you have been affected by the respective program clawback and in general figures, if you wish, how much you think you are owed."

Who is the point of contact for this information, Michael?

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next