Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

+26
propat
SaintJohn18182
frustrated
xtraforus
Tilap61
Rifleman
Newfie
By the Bay
bog6
Nemo
Rustytheviking
pinger
Teager
bosn181
Armygunner
Cctchevy18
Mike77
Slaket
cosmo12
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
Willie
Vet1234
czerv
30 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 5 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Dannypaj Fri 29 Sep 2017, 09:02

Teager,
I've been granted the CIA, but It was called the PIA when I applied.
When I initially applied, I didn't check off the supplement box.
My question is;
If you receive the CIA, do you not qualify for the supplement automatically?
Or do I just not understand WTF they are doing with my file?

Wait and see.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 5 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Teager Fri 29 Sep 2017, 08:47

Danny if no previous CIA or if you didn't have a PIA decision before you will be looking at 12 weeks which translates into 24 weeks. Also to receive the CIA supplement you need to have DEC formally TPI decision. If you are currently receiving CIA you will see that in your my VAC account under finicial benefits. If you have E-mail notifications set up to email you when there is a change in your application then you won't have to keep checking My VAC account.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 29 Sep 2017, 08:02

Fired a secured email via MY VAC Account.
Sent: UTC 2017-09-29 11:30
On June 15, 2017 I applied for the Allowance - CIA Supplement.

It states that “Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) strives to provide
a decision within 6 weeks provided a previous CIA decision has
been completed.”
1. Has there been a CIA decision made on my behalf and what
does it state?
2. It has been over 17 weeks! I am looking for clarification
to why.
3. I am also requesting that VAC red flags my file. (I will be
attending an in-patient care soon and having to check MY VAC
account several times a day is becoming tiresome.)

Wait and see I guess for VAC's grand response!

P.s
On a Facebook page, the MVA's office read a complaint made by a group member  on the site  and contacted the corresponding office to start working on the file ASAP!

Care, compassion and respect is not having veterans and their family suffer and left out in the cold with no answers and no financial security.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Wed 27 Sep 2017, 18:48

Ooooooops my bad

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Wed 27 Sep 2017, 18:11

Danny is waiting for the CIA supplement but my bet is supplement and anything CIA related is 24 weeks.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Wed 27 Sep 2017, 18:04

Took 24 weeks for teager above to get his. I applied back in June 6th and in at the same stage as you

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 27 Sep 2017, 09:31

Your claim is at the decision making level. All your supporting documentation was received on June 15, 2017. Although we strive to provide a decision within 6 weeks, provided a previous CIA decision has been completed, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of applications.

Is there anyone else here on CSAT awaiting on the CIA Supplement?
What is the usual time frame?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Mon 25 Sep 2017, 17:05

Just to update I received the back pay to April 1st just took a few days to show up. Also got the letter today. Turns out when I applied under PIA they denied me for no good reason this time they accepted me due to my spinal injury. I guess different decision makers have different opinions. Just keep applying even if denied you never know.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Tue 19 Sep 2017, 20:10

Thanks everyone. I hope everyone else waiting also receives a positive outcome.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 19 Sep 2017, 17:07

Great news teager congrats take care

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Tue 19 Sep 2017, 13:42

Teager,
That is GREAT news that you were approved for CIA! 🎉🎉🎉
It makes me so happy to hear that more of us are getting approved for CIA under the new revised benefit.
And a big thank you for confirming the 24 week waiting period.
Now I don't have to wonder if VAC was randomly making up their ridiculously long waiting decisions dates!

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 19 Sep 2017, 00:12

Happy for you Teager, Thumbs up  ! Wink
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Mon 18 Sep 2017, 21:54

Thanks Trooper and Vet1234.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 18 Sep 2017, 16:13

I agree with Trooper, you SHOULD get back pay to the date of application, but I had a different experience. They dated my CIA to the date in which they received all the information from my doctor, not the date which i applied. VAC claimed that my application was only considered "complete" when they received the med info. I disagree. Your CM or an intake worker can give you specifics.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 15:11

Teager wrote:Received a favourable decision today. So a full 24 weeks for a decision. Only problem is I don't see any funds being back dates to date of application only this months payment of CIA. Am I correct that VAC should pay back to date of application which is April 1st for me?

Congrats on getting approved Teager.

You should get back paid from the date of application, if you were to contact VAC they should be able to see it in the system, it just may not of have been finalized or sent yet.

Career Impact Allowance

When allowance payable

39 The career impact allowance under subsection 38(2) and an increase to the career impact allowance under subsection 38(3) begin to be payable on the latest of

(a.) the day on which the application for the allowance or increase, as the case may be, is made;

(b.) the day that is one year prior to the day on which the application for the allowance or increase, as the case may be, is approved; and

(c.) the day after the day on which the member is released from the Canadian Forces.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-16.8/page-5.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next