Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

+26
propat
SaintJohn18182
frustrated
xtraforus
Tilap61
Rifleman
Newfie
By the Bay
bog6
Nemo
Rustytheviking
pinger
Teager
bosn181
Armygunner
Cctchevy18
Mike77
Slaket
cosmo12
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
Willie
Vet1234
czerv
30 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 11 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 23:04

pinger wrote:Artie wrote " mine sits as well CIA stage 3 --- I filed in March, so 12 weeks puts it end June, then another 16-20 weeks after that just to probably find out i`ve been denied."

I have gone through all this shyte and then some. Just my 2 cents... short of the 400 new VaC hires coming up to speed (should be). Hell, expect to be denied by November. Anything better than that is fracking gravy.

Approach another cm ? ... HAVE THEM VISIT YOU. That's part of their job.
One way or another Artie, if you need the assistance or benefits of VaC you gotta deal with them. And you DON'T have to do it alone hunkered down somewhere either.

Support is out there if you need it, but walking away from it won't help.

JMO
I think that is part of my hesitation, if I jump through all of VAc`s hoops and then get denied I`m liable to go off like a volcano rather that calmly ask for a second opinion or whatever the appropriate response is. I know some out there have the patience to keep re-applying but I`m just tired of it all.

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 11 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by pinger Mon 19 Jun 2017, 22:29

Artie wrote " mine sits as well CIA stage 3 --- I filed in March, so 12 weeks puts it end June, then another 16-20 weeks after that just to probably find out i`ve been denied."

I have gone through all this shyte and then some. Just my 2 cents... short of the 400 new VaC hires coming up to speed (should be). Hell, expect to be denied by November. Anything better than that is fracking gravy.

Approach another cm ? ... HAVE THEM VISIT YOU. That's part of their job.
One way or another Artie, if you need the assistance or benefits of VaC you gotta deal with them. And you DON'T have to do it alone hunkered down somewhere either.

Support is out there if you need it, but walking away from it won't help.

JMO
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 22:16

ScottyG wrote:You being told stuff i havent heard. The CIA program are not behind. DAwards are behind. Called Veteran affairs they said no indication that CIA decisions are delayed. I was told they get notice if any department is behind. Butyou are both at stage 3........ so maybe they told me BS  ...Wow thats the 1st time for that ......
I think the backlog quote is on the MYVAC page if you go to claims you have submitted and where they are at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 20:41

You being told stuff i havent heard. The CIA program are not behind. DAwards are behind. Called Veteran affairs they said no indication that CIA decisions are delayed. I was told they get notice if any department is behind. Butyou are both at stage 3........ so maybe they told me BS ...Wow thats the 1st time for that ......

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Mon 19 Jun 2017, 20:20

On my VAC it says VAC strives for a decision within 6 weeks once at stage 3 but have a higher than normal application volume. So just wondering how far behind they actually are? I was stage 3 April 1st so seems like I've got a long ways to wait stil.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 20:14

Teager wrote:Anyone know how delayed VAC is for a decision on CIA once at stage 3? I'm beyond the 6 weeks VAC says and know another guy that's 2 months ahead of me and still waiting.
did you get a letter in the mail ?, I haven`t, that`s where mine sits as well CIA stage 3 --- I filed in March, so 12 weeks puts it end June, then another 16-20 weeks after that just to probably find out i`ve been denied. yeah

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Mon 19 Jun 2017, 20:01

Anyone know how delayed VAC is for a decision on CIA once at stage 3? I'm beyond the 6 weeks VAC says and know another guy that's 2 months ahead of me and still waiting.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:38

Ha! I've had a few victories in the last year with help from this forum. I've probably called VAC and the ombudsman and VRAB a few hundred times for them.
I just wish they'd take the BS out of BenefitS.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:34

Your right i am not up on the this CIA for a level change. I am surpised you havent heard yet. Maybe this a good thing Vet1234 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:34

We did not have to apply for this one, it was VAC initiated.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:32

ScottyG wrote:Vet1234
The reassessent stage is 12 weeks from the time they receive your written application for reassessment. They will send you a letter advising you of service standard date SSD likely within 10 days of receiving your letter. "It must be a written request"
If you call in they can tell you your SSD ....

That's the standard reassessment time. For the CIA reassessment that started for all vets that were receiving PIA in April 2017, a separate reassessment was to be done. Many have had theirs done as early as April and the letter we received said within a few months they will be done.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:23

Vet1234
The reassessent stage is 12 weeks from the time they receive your written application for reassessment. They will send you a letter advising you of service standard date SSD likely within 10 days of receiving your letter. "It must be a written request"
If you call in they can tell you your SSD ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:06

Amen. I've been waiting since April for my CIA reassessment and no one can tell me anything.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 18:03

Well Artie,
Lets see how the CIA application resolves. Veteran affair has been a pain in the butt for many of us you included. Time will tell !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 17:59

ScottyG wrote:Artie,
I can assure you an in person visit with a CM in your area will help you a lot. Face to Face it will clear up your concerns.
I met with my CM 3 months ago and 3 months before that but I don`t get out much and hate meeting new people., I also don`t feel confident they have my best interest at heart, my distrust in the gov. is part of my psychosis. This is my 3rd CM I don`t know where the other two went , just every so often I get a phone call saying " I`m your new CM". and calling VAC directly just results in frustration and being told, to hunker down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next