Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extended earnings loss

+3
propat
bigrex
Gunner8
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Extended earnings loss Empty Re: Extended earnings loss

Post by Gunner8 Fri 29 Mar 2019, 08:47

Thanks, By da Bay. Yes hopefully there’s many more who will receive it as well. I wish they weren’t getting rid of it.

Gunner.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 29 Mar 2019, 08:45

Airlog, I haven’t been on this group for very long either, I believe it was only last year I found it. But it’s been a great find, with a lot of knowledgeable people, and very helpful.
I understand not all veterans get the same benefits, And I think it’s stupid. It should be one standard for all veterans. The government is making it very difficult indeed, I dont think anyone knows what to expect with this new pension act coming up, can only wait and hope its better for everyone.
Its pretty sad when CM’s don’t even know what’s going on. I’ve gotten a lot more information on here than I ever did with my 5 CM’s over the years. All the best to you.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 28 Mar 2019, 22:22

Gunner 8,

That is great news! cheers I am so happy for you!
It's great to see that at least some veterans are getting approved for CIAS before the April 1st deadline.

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Thu 28 Mar 2019, 21:37

Gunner,

I have only been a CSAT member since 2017 and the amount each veteran receives is very much different from each other. Especially when comparing Pension Act veterans with the Veterans Act post 2006 and now these new benefits post April 1st 2019. Some are better off depending which program you are under and your %, DEC, CIA, Supplement, age, etc. Sounds like you are appreciative of your benefits but not all are when compared to the Pension Act. The government just keeps making it more complicated and difficult for veterans to be granted benefits let alone understand what is available. All the best to you.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2019, 18:49

bigrex wrote:Sleeping Dog, if you are currently getting the CIAS, that amount is grandfathered. For the future, if someone is deemed DEC, they will get a 1% increase to their IRB, until they either reach the point that they would have served 20 years, or they hit age 60. Whichever comes first. But that is still very unclear IMO. Does that mean that it adds to the 90%, so after 1- years, you are getting 100% of your CF income. Or is it just 1% of the benefit, so if your IRb one year is $5000/mo, the next year it would be an extra $50? Is that 1% added before, or after they adjust for COLA? And what about the Veterans who have been out several years, and are already beyond the 20 year mark? Are those increases retroactive? Or are they just SOL. How about those who are getting CIAS? Are they excluded from these 1% increases.
yes , that’s what I was looking at, suppose a vet was getting $24000 a year through DEC,so the extra 1% would be $240, and the next year another $ 242, wow, that’s a far cry from CIAS

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Mar 2019, 18:45

Sleeping Dog, if you are currently getting the CIAS, that amount is grandfathered. For the future, if someone is deemed DEC, they will get a 1% increase to their IRB, until they either reach the point that they would have served 20 years, or they hit age 60. Whichever comes first. But that is still very unclear IMO. Does that mean that it adds to the 90%, so after 1- years, you are getting 100% of your CF income. Or is it just 1% of the benefit, so if your IRb one year is $5000/mo, the next year it would be an extra $50? Is that 1% added before, or after they adjust for COLA? And what about the Veterans who have been out several years, and are already beyond the 20 year mark? Are those increases retroactive? Or are they just SOL. How about those who are getting CIAS? Are they excluded from these 1% increases.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2019, 18:29

Sleeping Dog wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:
Sleeping Dog wrote:
bigrex wrote:@ Gunner - CIAS is currently $1,145.36, and is taxable.

@Airlog - Not an issue, it's just that when you and XNurse, responded about getting grade 3 CIA, in spite of being DEC,  I had been replying to the question, as whether getting Grade 2 CIA was automatic, just for being DEC. It is and it isn't. The review of the CIA grade is automatic, if deemed DEC, but increasing the CIA grade isn't automatic, just for being deemed DEC.
I was just looking at a chart put out by VAC and it says they are replacing CIAS with CPF ( Career Progression Factor ) so does that mean there will still be some form of supplementation to DEC after April 1 even if it’s less than the $1145.36 .?

How about sharing the chart please. I googled it, but can't find it.
https://www.facebook.com/240702280034/posts/10161598706075035?sfns=mo

This is referencing the 1% per year up to age 60 vets with a DEC will receive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2019, 17:55

Bruce72 wrote:
Sleeping Dog wrote:

@Airlog - Not an issue, it's just that when you and XNurse, responded about getting grade 3 CIA, in spite of being DEC,  I had been replying to the question, as whether getting Grade 2 CIA was automatic, just for being DEC. It is and it isn't. The review of the CIA grade is automatic, if deemed DEC, but increasing the CIA grade isn't automatic, just for being deemed DEC.
I was just looking at a chart put out by VAC and it says they are replacing CIAS with CPF ( Career Progression Factor ) so does that mean there will still be some form of supplementation to DEC after April 1 even if it’s less than the $1145.36 .?

https://www.facebook.com/240702280034/posts/10161598706075035?sfns=mo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2019, 17:25

Sleeping Dog wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 28 Mar 2019, 17:09

Thanks Airlog. I’m kinda shocked I will be getting that much.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2019, 17:07

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Thu 28 Mar 2019, 17:07

Gunner,

That is correct. I receive EELB (taxable), CIA (non-taxable as of April 1st) and CIA Supplement (taxable) plus VIP Benefits (non-taxable).

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 28 Mar 2019, 17:00

Bigrex, so just to confirm, I would get cias at $1145 taxable, along with ELB, also taxable. Plus I would still get CIA, non taxable? Seems like a lot ?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Thu 28 Mar 2019, 15:38

Thanks for clearing that up. Should be clear for all.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Mar 2019, 15:34

@ Gunner - CIAS is currently $1,145.36, and is taxable.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next