Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got a letter from sisip ltd today

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Just got a letter from sisip ltd today - Page 2 Empty Re: Just got a letter from sisip ltd today

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 17:23

Thanks, OLDZIPPERHEAD, Even thou its taken 20 years off my life, I just hope and prey it goes as easy for everyone else as it has for me

Back to top Go down

Just got a letter from sisip ltd today - Page 2 Empty Re: Just got a letter from sisip ltd today

Post by OldZipperhead Tue 20 Nov 2012, 17:15

Navrat - Congrats and well diserved! Enjoy the money as I know everyone who finally gets something has earned that right!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 17:13

they said they are going back to 2001?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 17:05

I just got my monthly ltd payment NOVEMBER deposited today into my account . I am on regular ltd payments because sisip ltd decided i was tpi again. So those without prejudice payments are over for me, i phoned sisip talked to Mrs !!!!! my new cm and she said my monthly payments are now mine, and i am owed once the settlement is done 97 months of retro. They are going back to 2001 in the lawsuit. SO this case is over for me, just the retro and i am sitting pretty and on cloud nine. This war is over for me

Back to top Go down

Just got a letter from sisip ltd today - Page 2 Empty Note to class...

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 20 Nov 2012, 16:01

In the first discussions with our lawyers(posted on leavenovetbehind), it was deemed that if you were in receipt of LTD benefits from Sisip PRIOR to 1999, they would continue (if eligible) until you die. Ltd started after that date would continue (if eligible) until age 65.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 09:33

robbi by reading this they can start your monthy benifits anytime up to the date indicated and would assume sooner rather than latter.

If the Declaration is submitted by February 9, 2013, Manulife Financial will continue to pay, on a without prejudice basis, the monthly LTD payments until April 30, 2013, for a total of 180 days.

During this time, Manulife Financial will review the files and determine the actual entitlements to LTD benefits based on the information on file and the information submitted by the claimants. Payments will be made accordingly.

At any time that full information is received from the claimants, Manulife Financial will adjudicate their claims and payments will be made on the basis of their adjudication results, which could occur anytime between February 9 and April 30, 2013.

just my oppinion
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 09:23

robbie now that is a good question.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 09:19

thats great to here gratefoot i was at the post office this morning but it was something else their not a sisip letter.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 09:17

rusty i agree with big rex that it will change but i will not go so far as to conferm it as i dont see it in writing yet.i see you were born prior to 59 but how much prior if its before march 31 in 58 yours will remain at 65.oh heck here it is for the oas.

Who will be affected by the changes to the age of eligibility?

The changes to the age of eligibility for the OAS program introduced in Budget 2012 will not affect anyone currently receiving benefits.

OAS pension and the GIS:

Anyone aged 54 or older as of March 31, 2012 (born on or before March 31, 1958) will not be affected by the changes. If eligible, they will begin receiving their OAS pension and GIS at the age of 65.

If eligible, people born between April 1, 1958, and January 31, 1962, will begin receiving their OAS pension and GIS between the ages of 65 and 67, depending on their birth date. They will be part of the phase-in period. See the details for OAS/GIS eligibility based on your date of birth.

If eligible, anyone born on or after February 1, 1962, will begin receiving their OAS pension and GIS at the age of 67.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 09:14

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 20 Nov 2012, 09:06

Rusty, the age limits are going to be changed so that they are in line with OAC. When the qualifying age for OAC gets raised, SISIP and EELB will be extended.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 08:39

hey navrat does this reinstatement of our monthly LTD benefits mean that will will no longer receive the monthly (until Feb 2013) "without prejudice payments" as established by the Class Action or will we now receive a calculated monthly benefit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 07:38

I think if anything positive is going to happen here troops we need to post the known facts and the positive truths that we receive via Canada Post or update from the Firm. I can't believe that i can finally breathe a bit better, thanks all hope you receive your confirmations as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 07:37

thanks ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 07:35

No razor they did not it was all in my file from my yearly medical questionnaire that just got filed under the, "they qualify but we ain't paying shit file". I just filled out the questionnaire they sent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next