Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

+13
1993firebird
pteadams2002
liverlover
Wife of a Veteran
beleaf67
Sapper Zodiak
MaggieinNB
oldsailor
RCN-Retired
froggie2u36
meathead
Teentitan
bigrex
17 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 3 Empty Re: IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 16:12

ok here it goes their is only one table showing the max that was it.i made a pile of calls to confirm this and this is what ive been told by the one dva person that would even talk about it and i talked to a few.im getting half the house cleaning max becouse im not with a bonded service provider.she also said even at that i was a bit low so i should get reavaluated as moast in my are are getting 12-12.50 an hour that are not with a bonded cleaner.my buddy keith does get the max as he is having his bonded cleaner paid directly by DVA.in his words ''they pay frigin neer 20 an hour and i pay the extra'' his cleaner charges 25 an hour.but hey dont let the FACTS get in the way of a good argument.by the way i dont want you to belive me thats why i posted the link so you could either belive DVA ore not.if you dont belive them thats just fine by me.pleas go to the DVA site and search 2013 rates.you will find a list click on vip rates.their is only one list the link i provided.but hey ill belive their is another when someone shows me another 2013 vip rate tabe published by DVA.SHOW ME THE FACTS.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 13:24

Thanks, Propat, somehow I have a feeling we all will be getting less with this new grant program.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:44

propat I'm not saying your tables are wrong I'm saying that the tables you have are maximum amounts for an "individual".

There are many vets that use companies and it was explained to me by a member of the VAC department in PEI responsible for the formula that there are other charts for "companies".

So I'm just saying there is a difference of maximums...individual or company.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:18

teen these are the maximum ammounts.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:12

Another factor/chart is do you use a cleaning company? Those figures are on a different chart and are another factor for the calculation.

The charts you posted propat for if you hire an individual not a company.

To prove the VIP grant they took 100 examples from across Canada and gave them to 4 people to calculate. All 400 calculations were within 3-4% of each other.

So it is a tested formula that VAC has been using for over a decade now.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:02

bigrex im sure moast understand your CM has to do her calculation for hours requred for housekeeping,for you yard size and driveway size.if you dont know these ask your CM she knows.the question that was asked was maximums so it was answered.THESE ARE THE MAXIMUMS FOR 2013.boys not sure whats up here but this is the best way i could answer this question for navrat without flying to his house for an inspection of the property in question.NAVRAT the leigion doesnt count.sory i couldnt think of a better way to answer.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 22 Mar 2013, 11:46

I think teen means that , since the chart only states the maximum hourly rate payable in each Province, they still has to be some sort of calculation required to say how many hours per week you are entitled to. Like how many floors in your home, number of rooms, bathrooms and such. If you live in a 4-5 bedroom house like Recon likely requires with his large family, you would likely get more hours than a single Veteran living in a condo.

I didn't realize I could claim for having chimney and furnace serviced. In my trailer, my furnace broke down once per winter for the last three years and it cost me over $200 each time for the technician to replace the $5 valve that kept failing, and the valve is only sold to licensed technicians, so I couldn't have even done it myself.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 23:54

actually teen they are the maximum allowable rates for each geographical area.for example if you are allotted 4 hours housekeeping a month by your CM multiply that by the maximum allawable hourly rate by the table and you will get your max.the rest of the maxes are pritty straight forward.hey navrat asked for the maximum amounts so i found their new system they developed in 2012 and posted the link so he could see all the maximums and if he knows how much housekeeping hours he has he can figure that out to.i didnt see a question about the calculation nor was i answering one.was just trying to help with navrats question thats all.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 21 Mar 2013, 23:21

Propat those tables are only part of the "equation" used in calculating housekeeping.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 21:06

Apple shine good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 20:11

lol @ nav yes buds its 10$ an hour and going up.it was 8$ an hour when i started vip at 10$ an hour and now im still at 10$ an hour and come next year that will be below minimum wage.we did use apples and chickens at one point but it turns out apple shine is more valuable so the growers turned into brewers of a sort.as for the chickens a federal ban came into effect after the local BN CO kept spending his troops.moastly on apple shine.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 19:46

Hey, Propat, Do they have a minimum wage in Newbruinswick ? Or do you pay in chickens and fruit, like thy used to do on Little House on the Prairie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 19:40

Thanks for the info.
This might be a good thing, places less stress on us in having to worry about saving receipts, and perhaps even given work to family and or neighbours etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 19:29

wow it seems my housekeeping rate is half the top rate and groundskeeping is less than half.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 19:17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next