Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Info for Zero Sum Clients

+3
snrnavcom
VetWife
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Important Info for Zero Sum Clients  Empty Re: Important Info for Zero Sum Clients

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:52

Also Steppedonalego, if you can provide T4's for the money he earned working, they will only deduct 50% of that amount from his SISIP coverage, so if his 75% was $3000/month and he made $1500 working, then SISIP should only deduct $750 from the $3000, and send you the balance,as long as there was no other income like a CF pension (which I doubt if a 60% VAC pension equaled his 75% mark), or CPP(D). Unfortunately, if he continued to work, it might be difficult to get re-instated, as they'll say he wasn't completely disabled.

Typical Insurance company behavior. it reminds me of the movie "Buried" with Ryan Reynolds, where he was civilian taken Hostage in Iraq, and left buried in a coffin with a cell phone. When he called for help, he got his employers lawyers, who told him that paperwork had been filed that morning to terminate his contract, and that he was no longer employed when he was taken hostage and therefor the company was not on the hook to pay death benefits if he didn't survive. It's all about the money, period.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Important Info for Zero Sum Clients  Empty Re: Important Info for Zero Sum Clients

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:12

Hi steppedonalego; no SISIP will cover your income up to 75%. If your husband had to work that amount will be reduced from the 75%. If at the end of the initial 24 months he was deemed totally disabled he will continue to receive 75% of his pre-release salary less deductions. Hopefully this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:48

I don't know. Once he's out of the army, he didn't pay anymore, right? I mean, we have CAR (coverage after release, basically life insurance) through SISIP, but as far as paying for the loss of income benefits, I wasn't sure..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:27

dont we continue to pay into SISIP? Should not be limited to service, should be until our bodies and minds and souls finally fall apart, No? Probably a questionf or Peter. PETER?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:24

Absolutely. Thank you. Smile Because my husband was receiving 60% benefit from DVA, it completely offset the SISIP amount owed (75% of salary for 2 years). My husband HAD to go to work in civilian-land because I was very sick with autoimmune meningitis at the time of his release, and we didn't want to lose our house. So he got *nothing* from SISIP. I don't know if he'd still be eligible for SISIP because he did go back to work (no other choice). Does SISIP stop if you go back to work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 21:42

If i had to listen to all the wrong information sisip gave me, even some this week before the blow out over this, i would have gone mad along time ago, SISIp uses terms like zero sum, dormant, not receiving a financial benefit from manulife, they all mean the same. Make sure sisip has your contact info and banking info so they can deposit anything you are owed, never give up , i dont know your case but its likly he is owed something, give it a try what do you have to lose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 20:31

That's what happened the first time around in 2003 when he was released. He said "SISIP says I don't qualify so oh well." This time, I'm going to make him FIGHT harder. He deserves it.. it's not a gift, it's an entitlement. I am going to show him what you wrote... there are no other vets around here in our small town, and he doesnt go online a lot, so I think he's overwhelmed and under-supported.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:16

Summed out is the same thing as zero sum, both mean that his LTD was completely negated by other sources including PA pensions. If he was zeroed out, and the only income he had was his DVA pension, he should be entitled to the entire 75%. If he doesn't get reinstated by Nov 9th, as per the memo, give Peter a call and get him on it. SISIP is only praying to confuse and dissuade as many Veterans as possible from fighting for their money. They want Veterans to say "SISIP says I don't qualify so oh well" and give up.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 18:31

So, what I don't get is... I THOUGHT we were zero sum because hubby didn't receive a single cent from SISIP after release because his DVA pension offset it completely. So that lead me to believe he was "zero sum". Apparently, it means (we found out today when he called Manulife as requested), that he is "summed out"... whatever that means?!?!?!? Is there ANY hope? Wasn't he supposed to receive 2 years of his pay at 75% upon release?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:49

I get one of those packages every year from sisip for my medical, one is the claimants statement and one is the attending physican statement. I have been filling them out for 8 years, I just yet paying my doctor every year to fill them out, I am now thinking that package for zero sums will be the yearly medical sisip ltd package.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:34

No it's for the clawback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:12

Trap48' did you just go on sisip ltd or are you talking about the yearly medical,, one part you fill out the other is the Attending physicans form

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:59

I had that and they closed my file. Wife of Veteran, but I just barraged them now with info.

Trap48, I never sent them anything. They just approved me. Come to think of it, other than today, i never sent them anything.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:57

Hello I recived the package from sisip last month ago ..
First package is for your personal info , your money ( all pension )
Second package it's for your doctor
And mail at sisip and wait ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:45

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 21:17; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next