Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

+13
1993firebird
pteadams2002
liverlover
Wife of a Veteran
beleaf67
Sapper Zodiak
MaggieinNB
oldsailor
RCN-Retired
froggie2u36
meathead
Teentitan
bigrex
17 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 6 Empty Re: IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Post by Wife of a Veteran Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:31

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:27

I hate to do this, but I have to post this thread that I found buried within the VAC site. Just thought it would only be fair to share this info with my brothers and sisters.

VIP Reassessments

Do up your chin straps troops, this might be another battle. Remember this was advertised as "cutting the red tap." They apparently even built a software tool for these specific anniversary's. Veterans with anniversary dates in Jan 2013 already effected and rumor has it, it isn't going well.

http://veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/policy/document/877

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:16

November 17 for me. I think they calculate funds used in past to come up with new amount.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:10

Was it cheque or direct deposit, with your pension or seperate?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:00

Ours started mid January and we got our check a couple of weeks later. We actually got more then I expected, so that was a nice surprise.

Ours was just for housekeeping, we haven't use the grounds keeping for awhile so they stopped it. Hopefully we can get it reinstated when our sons move out.

I would definitely give them a call oldsailor.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:09

Did ya call em ?

Give a shout out to dem' , sure der'foukin deef , dem' vic peeps

Day needs remindin...........................Smile sqeeky wheel gets er' bye'

Cal em' in say ......where's me foukin moula bye' ?

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
dave fitzpatrick............keep yer hed dwn!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsailor Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:04

I was supposed to start on the 13th of Jan, but nothing yet.

oldsailor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:57

Well my " VIP Calender Year " doesn't start until May .16 , 2013

I'll have an answer for ya then , but i'm sure someone will start before that ,
1/2 then , the other 1/2 6 months later , i believe will be the routine .

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper
dave fitzpatrick..............keep yer hed dwn:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:54

Nope, mine is 28 of July

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 6 Empty VIP program

Post by oldsailor Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:46

Has anyone received there first 50% deposited into there account for the VIP program as of yet.

oldsailor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 26 Feb 2013, 11:00

On the General Info tab 3 stories down ( http://www.veteranvoice.info/bulletinboard.htm) there is and explanation about the new VIP grant system. The tables are there for the province you live in so that you "budget and hire" the service provider that best fits.
These are the same tables, calculation that have been used for years by your VAC CM when calculating your needs.
IMPORTANT INFO to remember if your pensioned condition gets worse and your needs change contact your VAC CM ASAP for a re-assessment.

As for the monies being used by some veterans to pay bills or buy their illegal drugs, booze VAC is prepared for the media backlash.

At the Dec 6, 2012 meeting in PEI I brought this very issue up with ADM Hillier and here is the explanation.

VAC cannot pick and choose who gets the grant. Everyone will get it without discrimination.
They know what is going to happen and this is where family and friends need to help. If you know a vet is not using the money then contact VAC and let them know. The clients CM will work with the client to either have a family member take care of the bills or get the client to understand. One positive of this is if the client is addicted or suffering with PTSD this might be the situation to get that client in the proper program.

Here is my personal suggestion to everyone to help managing the grant money.
Open a high interest savings account at your bank. When the grant money is deposited into your existing account move it to the new account. Make a little bit of money in interest over the 6 months.
Review the tables, from the Gen Info Tab on main site, and hire within your budget
When you pay your housekeeper/lawncare move the money out of the high interest account into your checking account to replace it.
KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS. You never know if they will help.
If you cannot find a service provider within your means and budget, even after you have done your due diligence in getting quotes from at least 3 service providers, then contact your CM and discuss the problem.

Hope this helps.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:20

RCN, this is what I found online regarding the reasonings according to the Veterans Affairs Minister Steven Blaney for the lastest changes to the VIP policies. I can say for me it will help because I have to pay out of pocket first and then submit receipts as my provider wants the money at time of service rendered. I can understand your concerns as well though. What is not mentioned is that this new policy will be a financial cost saving measure for Veterans Affairs for staffing issues which we understand is downsizing currently. I am concerned that this advance payment policy could be an issue for some veterans due to financial contraints already experiencing and the funds may be used elsewhere due to need. Sparrow

Veterans Affairs Minister Steven Blaney is Cutting Red Tape for Veterans and their Families

Halifax — The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, announced today another component of the "Cutting Red Tape for Veterans" initiative. With the new changes, Veterans will receive up-front payments for grounds maintenance and housekeeping services offered under the Veterans Independence Program (VIP). Veterans will no longer have to submit receipts for these two popular services. This eliminates cumbersome paperwork for Veterans and puts money into their hands faster, so they can remain independent in their own homes.

"This change is another concrete example of our Government's commitment to cutting red tape for Veterans," said Minister Blaney. "Veterans have told us they want a more hassle-free service from the Department and we are taking action. The new payments will eliminate unnecessary paperwork for approximately 100,000 Veterans and their families."

Once the changes are in effect, Veterans who receive grounds maintenance and housekeeping services through VIP will no longer have to obtain, track and submit receipts to receive the financial support they need. The payments will be based on an individual's needs and the local going rates for these services. Veterans will receive two payments each year. By replacing multiple reimbursements with simple up-front payments, Veterans Affairs Canada will ensure that Veterans will no longer face paying for expenses and being out of pocket while waiting to be reimbursed. These changes will also eliminate millions of transactions between Veterans and the Department.

"Our Government will continue to cut cumbersome red tape to provide our Veterans with the best possible service," said Minister Blaney. "Our Veterans served our country with pride and conviction so we can live in a better world. Our Government will continue to make changes so that Veterans receive the benefits and services they deserve without bureaucratic delays. We are making paperwork a thing of the past. By offering up-front payments, Veterans get the immediate support they need."

"The changes to the VIP program announced by Minister Blaney will make life easier for Veterans," said Gordon Jenkins, President of the NATO Veterans Organization of Canada. "Instead of having to submit individual receipts and burn up bureaucratic processing time, Veterans will now receive a grant to cover the cost. This benefits everyone."

For more information on the Veterans Independence Program and other services and benefits available to Veterans, visit veterans.gc.ca.

Backgrounder

As a result of these changes, Veterans will receive up-front payments for grounds maintenance and housekeeping services offered under the Veterans Independence Program (VIP). This will replace the current payment process where those receiving support must obtain and submit receipts in order to receive reimbursements.

Once these changes are in effect, Veterans currently receiving these VIP benefits will have their payments converted to the new up-front payment system for housekeeping and grounds maintenance services when their contribution arrangement comes up for renewal.

The new up-front payments for housekeeping and grounds maintenance services will be based on each individual's needs and the local going rates for these services.

Veterans will receive their up-front payments through two instalments each year.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Tue 26 Feb 2013, 07:51

Not sure why VAC will not continue to allow direct billing for housekeeping, much easier for me the vet then them sending me money and then me having to pay the cleaning service, have been a VIP client for several years and have never had to pay first then claim. I have had to pay first then claim for yard maintenance, snow removal, window and gutter cleaning etc. VAC should continue to allow the direct billing for housekeeping and have the veteran receive in advance the funds that they have had to pay first and claim later items. After all they say they want to make it easier and less confusing. No confusion if once a week the cleaning lady comes and you do not have to worry about them billing you and you paying and VAC checking up on a person. Also what happens if you say claimed say $1,500 for yard maintenance last year but this year it costs you $1,800? Do you get to submit for the extra $300? Cheers.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 20:58

I see this is an old post but Georges did you get anywhere with this??? I am in the same case ... Also how do they pay our grounds keeping I get 1347 around there and was wondering what others are getting and my property is 10acres big driveway etc. does this matter????

Back to top Go down

Post by meathead Fri 04 Jan 2013, 18:26

Thanks froggie I am really looking for the whole season price from anywhere in Canada.
Tom

meathead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next