Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

+13
1993firebird
pteadams2002
liverlover
Wife of a Veteran
beleaf67
Sapper Zodiak
MaggieinNB
oldsailor
RCN-Retired
froggie2u36
meathead
Teentitan
bigrex
17 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 5 Empty Re: IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 16:08

Mine won't start until I receive a letter from VAC in October 2013, and at which point the lady told me to make sure i fill it out and return it otherwise I could be cut off.
Here's a twist .. My wife is ex-mil as well and her CM last month told her that she should also be entitled to VIP bt like i told her, how can that be possible when I'm already getting VIP? He (her CM) seems to think it makes no difference whether two vets live under the same roof but I'm pretty sure I'm right here. If I'm not right and she is entitled o VIP as well, I can assure you that we'd hire the grounds upkeep people and cleaning staff on a full time basis!

Back to top Go down

Post by liverlover Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:08

Thanks, but I am still getting receipts for all my services, until everything is sorted out.

liverlover
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 14:51

EVERYONE

Liverlover don't forget

You will still need to send in receipts for Window cleaning the 2 six month deposits are only for housecleaning, grounds work only.

Any other entitlement you still have to send in the paperwork using the form.

Every one got paperwork last year on this matter.

Also I know people try to save the GOC a buck here and there but use you entitlements if not lose your entitlements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:28

Make sure everyone uses all there entitlement

Back to top Go down

Post by liverlover Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:26

I received mine on 7 Feb, via direct deposit, smaller amount than initially calculated, so called and they told me that my first half was based on calculation of only 11 months because they had not yet actioned my claim for Jan. so it could not be calculated into the formula. But it would be added into the second portion of my payment. SO I receved money for my housecleaning, grounds, and windows. So taking all that nto account, mine is the same amount that I received monthly through the former process.

liverlover
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:25

No, nothing to do with SISIP it is part of the VAC benefit program.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:21

does VIP info belong in Sisip ?

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:14

I have been using a service provider that was recommended by VAC for years. They bill VAC direct, simple and easy for me. My date is in July so called the service to see how things will work and was told that thus far all her veteran clients have received far less then what her company has been receiving. She indicated that the new process is very concerning to some of her elderly veterans and she has tried to deal with VAC to no avail. She too recognizes that the Conservative Government is trying to save money by reducing VAC staff as well as VIP Services. In short the Minister of VAC is full of it, lieing through his teeth about making things easier for the Veteran, what is really happening is that they are screwing us over yet again; just because they can! I found the following link regarding VIP services that may be of some help. Would like to know from those that have received anything yet if the rate scale table is being adhered to.
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/pdf/vip-nat-rat2013.pdf
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 09:41

Just got off the horn with vac, my so called cm, told me that I will be getting half of my last VIP entitlement and people who don't use there full amount will lose the extra , and their next VIP payment will reflect what they need and spend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 09:25

This is flipping BS, this is and always was a money saver, both with personal and amounts given out. What a joke!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 08:02

Molly maid is like 80 buck a hour or more for two people. So the people that used molly maid will not be using them anymore because most people pay maids 20 - 25 per hour. So better for us that pay lower we get more, Is easy to use Molly Maid when your not paying the bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 07:25

Received my first payment two weeks ago on my VIP Anniversary Date via Direct Deposit. Housekeeping portion was substantially less then what VAC paid last year. When I called, was told about the Calculator, local area etc. I have always used Molly Maid, but with what I received that won't be continuing. When I spoke to the ladies from Molly Maid here in F'ton they said so far all of their VAC Clients that have received their pymts, have rec'd less. So, guess they want people to hire privately,

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 06 Mar 2013, 23:13

Ours came as a cheque, separate from the regular payments.

As for amounts.. if my husband hadn't been talking to them I would have assumed it included groundskeeping, because it was quite a bit more than what they have been paying for housekeeping. I guess it is based on averages for your area, what you have been using... maybe more factors, not sure. We were dropped for the groundskeeping so they did reassess our entitlements.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:40

I can't take credit for the initial thread, but I did do the appropriate follow up through the VAC site and if you try and access the highlighted instruction of
Requirements for Decision Making and Determination of Need you will get no where! So, obviously VAC has blocked access to that subsection to keep us in the dark regarding those determinations for the case worker/s.

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next