Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A phone call from SISIP

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A phone call from SISIP - Page 2 Empty Re: A phone call from SISIP

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 18:06

I think i will just call Harper and say , take your taxes and forget about it!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 18:04

Just saw your location Navster...too funny ~ ask Peter he may give you a tax receipt for your time on Csat ~ speaking of which ~ any news on the Request For Taxpayer Relief Canada Revenue Tax Form ~ do we start that process now or at tax time? I agree that the next issue amoung others affecting Veterans is the 65 year old end date ~  we must make sure to be mortgage free by then if possible otherwise it will be most difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 17:54

Very well said, as usual, Sparrow, I for one think the biggest issue affecting us is the 65 end date of ltd and elb benefits! This is totally unfair and what the hell do they except us to live on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:58

Unfortunately there is a distorted view amoungst "some" government bureaus, policy makers and/or Public Service Employees that Veterans of this generation are receiving benefits which in their view are a form of welfare and undeserved charity. The reality for disabled Veterans is that we are dependant on these administrative systems and benefits therefore until the powers that be and the administrators are educated of the facts, Veterans will continue to be stigmatized. In turn, it must be also said that Veterans of former generations have also experienced the same plight historically. I am hopeful though that we as former Soldiers have it within us to continue to fight for our rights and the rights of our brothers and sisters.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYCRAZY Sat 31 Aug 2013, 11:49

study   PGV, Sorry to he this, no need to apla. for your troubles. because we all feel your pain as if we had to start all over again after many yrs.  You fight on as a good soldier does, were all behind you.   NEVER GIVE UP-NEVER SURRENDER.   Every time I read or see some vet going th this BS. Its refreshes my PTSD WHICH Brakes my heart.    I"m reminded of my father going th WW 2   5yrs over sea getting shot twice.    And living in pain FOR 50YRS, Appiled . And got deined, how DVA  treated him badley AND Guilty. So he Never apealed it after that. just 1 year before he passed away. finally DVA Sent him a $300.00 ck with his old service number on it. all the man did was have alot of tears from it all.  For yrs I keep telling him, keep fighting for it. and he did, but it took him a life time to win a token, what a joke. He was just happy that they finnily respected and sent him a token. but he never gave up or surrended to the fact that justice was finally served.  Shame on DVA. BUT ITS NOT DVA THAT IS THE PROBLEM, IT NEVER WAS. ITS the young  folks working for the gov that thinks were all bums and looking for a free handout. that is what we deal with every day from there.  Most of them have no idea what it is to be a vet. I even had a case work tell me DVA is just a insurance coy. I had to inform her that these benefits is Legislated by Parliament. And DVA IS NOT AND INSURANCE COY. so fight fight and fight some more. GOD BLESS YOU IN YOU BATTLE for your rights8)
HAPPYCRAZY
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:35

PGV, if you can get through Canada Revenue depress *0 and it will get you through directly to an agent. A little inside info I received many years ago and it works every time. What number are you calling? 1-800-959-8281

PGV, if you have a profile with Canada Revenue set up online you can get that info immediately as long as it is within 11 years.

How to obtain a copy of your notice of assessment or reassessment
By using My Account, you can view and print detailed information on a particular assessment or reassessment to your income tax and benefit return for the current year or the 11 prior years
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/ssmnt-eng.html

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PGV Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:56

WOW! I got ahold of SISIP this morning and she needed a notice of assessment the 2005 me telling her or giving her a copy of my tax return and T4's for that year to prove I actually worked during that time isn't good enough. I have to get a notice of assessment from Revenue Canada. I have been trying to call them, 1-800-959-8281 been busy for over an hour. I double checked the number online and it is the only number for all of Canada to access the form she needed, RC143NE. How can the only number for Canada be busy for this long. The universe is at it again, I was so close to getting my cheque. I have learned to laugh at crap like this. Otherwise I would SNAP. It took everything not to go off on the lady at SISIP. It is not her fault she is just the person sorting out my claim. I will not pass go.. I will not collect my money this month. Now to wait for Dan to call back while I wear out my redial button.
PGV
PGV
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 09:28

PGV. I read your post and thought it was good to get it all out there and off your chest. Don't ever apologize for that. You and everyone here have the right to free speech so " Giver"!!!
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 30 Aug 2013, 03:52

You are welcome.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PGV Thu 29 Aug 2013, 22:50

Thank you Bigrex, Navrat and Sparrow.
PGV
PGV
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 21:21

PGV, please contact Dan Wallace at McInnes Cooper 902.444.8630 ~ he will advise you of your rights and procedures. In turn, never apologize for your benefits or seeking benefits ~ that is your right and you are deserving of those benefits.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 21:07

I know how you feel , PGV, I used to feel like VAC treated me like I was on Welfare but after a couple of their home visits when I just sat there and refused to answer their stupid ass questions, they leave me alone, thank God! It's always funny to see their faces when you have a copy of the Veterans Bill of rights on your kitchen table, things have changed , alot of the old blood at VAC have retired, and so has their 1940s attitude !

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:48

PGV, there is nothing in the NVC that can reduce what you receive under the Pension Act. If unable to work any longer, you may be entitled to PIA, PIA supp, as well as EELB (if not reinstated on SISIP). None of these programs can reduce your VAC pension or VIP amounts, even if VAC wanted them to, so they can only benefit you and your family. But you have to apply for them. VAC isn't likely going to approach you with these benefits, even before the current budget cuts. So we, the Veterans, have to look out for ourselves.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PGV Thu 29 Aug 2013, 18:12

Thanks Firebird
PGV
PGV
CSAT Member