Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A phone call from SISIP

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A phone call from SISIP - Page 3 Empty Re: A phone call from SISIP

Post by 1993firebird Thu 29 Aug 2013, 17:36

Start with Dan Wallace at McInnis Cooper.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

A phone call from SISIP - Page 3 Empty A phone call from SISIP

Post by PGV Thu 29 Aug 2013, 17:26

I got home today and missed a call from SISIP. left me a message. She said she was calling regarding my claim. I have not received any money in the form of LTD since before the two years were up back in 1997. Has anybody else received a call from them and know what they might be calling for. I stopped getting LTD because my DVA pension was higher than the LTD amount and paid ALL their money back. There has been many times I have not worked because of my back problems and PTSD and have not told them because it wouldn't have made a difference. As recently as 2008 I was off for two years and tried to get back into the rehab section and was denied saying I was VAC's responsibility now because of the new charter. I am on the old charter and don't want to touch the new one out of fear that some penny pinching A*hole will say that in such and such year you used the new charter rehab and we are now gonna switch you to the new one "Here is your cheque, no more pension and VIP program now piss off!"  I then received a letter (I don't even remember getting it I was so messed up) saying I was denied LTD and rehab based on no evidence to support the my pensioned condition had anything to do with me being unemployed. I didn't even file for LTD because my pension was more or rehab because they said they didn't do rehab anymore because it was DVA's problem. All this was done and decided over a phone call. I didn't fight it or appeal it because it was a useless waste of time for me and I could hardly keep my own S**t straight just to get by minute to minute. I phoned SISIP at the beginning of this month to ask about my life insurance through them and decided to ask about how to go about addressing the fact that I had to stop working and retrain for a new job and asked about LTD. I was informed about the decision about LTD 5 years ago and said I could appeal it but it was well passed the deadline. WTF! Anybody have any idea where to start because this is only a small part of the SISIP and DVA mountain of crap I have on my plate of screw you Paul by both of them. Any input is more than I have right now.

After reading this I want to apologize for ranting but this was the toned down version. I didn't seem to off my rocker. I don't know whether to laugh or cry anymore. This crap with the way we are treated having to fight for every bit of help from the very people that we put our body, minds and our very being on the line for without a second thought for ourselves has got to stop. They make me feel like I am trying to take advantage of the system like I am abusing welfare or something.  I was once told be the receptionist at the DVA office in Scarborough back in 1996 that, "I was too young to be a veteran and how dare I call myself one and that I have no right to be here." I was 25 and so messed up I believed her for over a decade. I have to stop here or I will go on and on.

CHIMO

Paul
PGV
PGV
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3