Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many people on the list received a call from Mrs. M....... From sisip

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many people on the list received a call from Mrs. M....... From sisip Empty Re: How many people on the list received a call from Mrs. M....... From sisip

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 19:14

Navrat thanks for understanding my situation. And don't get me wrong when you say the cheque is in your hands I'm happy for you and I know that I will soon have my cheque in my hands!

One bright shinning things some of us might miss is this...it's going to be a merry Christmas because we have a little extra money in our bank accounts to make us, and our kids, happy. I have my eye on that 20 lb turkey...makes a good dinner, turkey pot-pie and soup!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

How many people on the list received a call from Mrs. M....... From sisip Empty Re: How many people on the list received a call from Mrs. M....... From sisip

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:46

Well said, Teen , I know I can get carried away when I hear intel, I will try to make sure my intel is solid and yes this lawsuit has been a killer. I have been told 20 different things from VAC and sisip. To be honest, I had to have my wife listen to the voice message from sisip because after all I have heard and been thru I thought I might be hallunicating when she said it was mailed Tuesday, and even seeing the 'we missed you sticky' from express post, I still wasnt 100 percent sure. But I know now so all is good

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:34

Nav thanks for understanding where I am coming from. My current posts are not meant to "curb" the passing of intel it is meant to bring attention to everyone to make sure their intel is "solid".

Like I have stated there is a lot of "guests" that come to VVi and CSAT so VVi's goal is to makewe are a reputable source of information.
I really appreciate the "regulars" that post on the CSAT all I am trying to do is make sure what we post is as 'true and reliable' as possible.

We all know that 'gossip' always defeats "facts" and my 'regulars' that post to the CSAT are highly appreciated by the staff of VVi because nine time out of ten they are accurate and most imortantly...reliable!

I am triyng to empashize that at this very important point in time, of the SISIP class action lawsui, that we ALL think about what we are posting. Will it help or will it create confusion? I'm just asking my 'regulars' to double check and think twice...is it good info/questions or is it going to cause problems for those vets who are too fragile to speak out?

Don't think of this me dressing you down Nav I just want to remind everyone this is a situation we veterans have never faced before. There is going to be challenges that we have never had to "wrap our heads" around.

It's virgin territory and we need to keep our shyte wired tight and have the highest level of patience we have never/never faced before.

I know and have, somewhat, accepted that the situation over the next few months is going totally suck! But now is the time we need to check our natural instincts of suspicion and doubt into trusting our lawyers.

It has been very hard for me to 'trust' Peter D. over the last 3 months but he has never tried to 'play me' or take advantage of me. He has shown and proved to me that this lawsuit is not for his personal gain. To dat he has proven and showed me his goal is to get us disabled veterans what we deserve...JUSTICE.

I am asking you all to trust me if Peter D. tries to screw us over all gentleman agreemants we have made to date are off the table and I will make it my purpose in life to lead the charge to crush his and McInnes Cooper's reputation.

I know Peter and his fellow partners are going to read this post...so time will be the judge of their promise to us the "class" of the SISIP lawsuit that we and our sacririce for quality of life for Canda are more important then their bottom line...money!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:18

Yes, I am TPI and approved for EELB, at least that is what all my letters have said. I was supposed to see my CM today, but she had to cancel because of getting loaded on a course, so I'll call he Monday.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:01

I think you may need to contact your cm at VAC, it doesnt sound right to me, Rex and EELB is till 65 , and tpi so something is not clicking.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:54

It just has me scratching my head. I had filled out the exact same for with my CM back in May. I then got the letter and worksheet on the 3rd of June saying that I had been approved for ELB, and that the expiry date was when I turn 65. So even if they hadn't received the letter about my EI medical ending, it was only $1100 per month and my CF annuity is $1474 per month, leaving over $1300 that was deducted only because of the clawback, so they should have reinstated the EELB just based on those numbers amount, at the very least.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:36

Big Rex, I was approved for EELB in 2006 but like i said i never got anything because of sisip ltd and vac pension and it zero out. I got a call last week from my VAC cm saying i am entitled to it now because they stopped the clawback. GO figure, i have never had to send in anything to VAC. So you are correct in you would think that me, being on rehab and EELB since 2006, never having talked to VAC until last week , VAC would have sent me a notice requesting my income like they did for you. ALL my letter tells me is my EELB will start at the end of the month for this amount of money minus income tax. Sometimes i have no clue how these things work, but that is why i am always searching for answers, I would rather stay on EELB but i have a feeling my VAC worker is wrong and they will subtract my sisip ltd, since the cheque is at the depot waiting to be picked up tomorrow after 1 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:28

Teen , I am sorry if i caused confusion, it was never my intent, my only intent was to pass on information i hear from various sources, sometimes they are true sometimes not. I did not know why i got my phone call on tuesday morning, I had dropped my ticket money off at the legion earlier and there was a bunch of guys telling me they got their package, so i went home and on the voice mail a senior sisip ltd cm left a very detailed message, tellling me my package had just left the building. I was wondering why out of 900 guys did they call me, it wasnt to cause angst to anyone, it was more of to find out why and if they were calling other guys on here had got a call, i did not know they were calling. So , again , i appertcate Vvi, and would never want to cause anyone any upset, i just want to find the truth and searching for intel to me is very rewarding. Sometimes i throw information out there i hear, and i will mention the legion, because believe it or not alot of veterans, active military, GOC employees , VAC employees are members so somtimes just sitting there , you pick up intel, who knows if its true , but i like to post what i hear because maybe it is true and if it is not then someone will correct me;.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:27

NavRat, that is the part that has me confused. I was approved for EELB this summer, and the only thing that has changed since then was I had stopped receiving EI benefits, but when that happened I had sent VAC the paperwork showing that it had stopped, as per the rules. Then last week I received an Income check-off list of all possible income that had to be completed before opening my file for review, to see "if" I would collect any ELB. Yet I've talked to others that have been zeroed out by ELB for years but were automatically reinstated. You would think that those that who have been on it longer would need to submit current info, not those whose paperwork is only a few months old. It just seems strange that, if there are more hoops that we have to jump through, and I don't really mind the extra headache, but why aren't all of us made to jump through the same hoops?

As it is, I completed their form, and sent it back registered mail so I know they received it Monday, but they haven't actioned anything on my file yet, so no money for this month.

Last edited by bigrex on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:29; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:13

Navrat I was just pointing out that there was no need to ask this question. If you knew that others, at the Legion, had recieved the call from SISIP you could have "phrased" your question this way...

If you called the 855 number you will get a call from SISIP.

You can refer to me as "command" if you want to. I'm just trying to point out that there is no need to increase the angst factor on the CSAT. Yes there is only 38 members that post on the CSAT but I'm trying to bring to your attention that for each of the 38 members that post there is 2 "guests" that read your posts.

The CSAT is an open discussion forum, like the main website of VeteranVoice.info, so comments that you post have the potential to increase the "angst" factor of the guests that drop by the CSAT to find out what is going on with the SISIP lawsuit.

I was just pointing out that you need to remember your postings are being read by some of the most fragile veterans who cannot handle open ended thoughts, questions, opinons.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 16:53

What can we expect in the package? Can those who have received us let us know, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 16:34

Well, Teen , I wanted to know because first of all , why can't I ask this, do I have to clear it thru command, second, When I got my call I thought it was odd because why did no one else get a call, until I went to the legion and found out 8 other guys had already received their package, Hamilton legion, No one else on here told me that so I thought I would ask, but it doesn't really matter to me anymore because mine is sitting at the depot waiting for me to pick up.i forgot that only 38 guys use these forum regular, I should have just asked at the legion where they don't chew your head off for asking a question. My only problem now is I got a calculation sheet telling me that VAC is depositing my EELB at the end of the month. So once I pick up my sisip package tomorrow I will have to phone vac to report that income , go figure, And about the 1 855 number they had that at the legion also, remember there is thousands there

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 25 Oct 2012, 16:32

Good to hear why some are stating they got calls from SISIP and not me..yet

Just a matter of waiting. i did call and leave my info with SISIP. I could tell my info was still in the computer after 10+ years as they were just confirming my info .
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 16:00

Navrat I want to make it clear to EVERYONE that ANYONE who called the 855 phone number and left their info they will get a phone call about their status.

I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO CALL THE SISIP NUMBER as I was the one in contact with SISIP Management to get the special phone number to post here on CSAT for ALL veterans.. BUT I was only contacted yesterday by SISIP to verify that my package is in the mail.

If you called the 855 number you will be contacted between 22 Oct to 9 Nov.

There is no reason to find out "when" people get their phone call because everyone who called will get one! When I got my phone call from SISIP I asked if everyone who called the 855 number will recieve a call to verify their status the answer was this...

"Yes everyone who called and left their info will get a phone call from SISIP. We only ask that the clients who did call to please be patient as there is over 850 clients we have to call."

So I don't understand why you want to know if people are getting a phone call?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:39

Mines here, missed post truck, but have sticky on my mailbox stating I can pick up letter tomorrow after 1 pm at depot. 100 percent sure that's it because I am not expecting anything else. I'm outta here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next