Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties???

+3
OldZipperhead
Teentitan
K9
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties??? Empty Re: Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties???

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 23:19

I may be way off base here but CHARTER of RIGHTS. There are some of you on here why smarter than I who know far more about all this sort of thing. I for one think that all of these people seem to be working less for us and more for GOC, SISIP, and MC yes we are getting paid and yes we dont see all that is going on and it is not possible for us all to be happy all the time but is it unrealistic to ask for some common courtesies, I think that would not be asking to much.

So in the coming months and maybe (2)years lets keep track of all the names of people involved in the case and see were they end up what jobs they move to and how well they do for a while just for the fun of it. I for one would like to see who winds up where.

Back to top Go down

Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties??? Empty Re: Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties???

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 17:45

Others who declared bankruptcies have already been paid...in full! This problem is because SISIP was a creditor and now refuses to have to pay the member twice, even though the previous debt was wiped clean, and they lost nothing. It was brought up to MC months ago and the same standard answer was returned that all class members would be paid by the 15th. SISIP also gave the same standard answer...like a stalemate stall tactic to see who budges first. I wonder what the interest is beyond the October 15th threshold, 100% per month? Wink There wouldn't have been any problem if they'd have addressed the issue when it was brought forward to them...but now it's just more excuses and lies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 09 Oct 2013, 17:36

Agree Zero but the point is from day one they knew there would be bankruptcies, widows, surviving children.

There is no excuse to leaving these identified groups for last or giving misleading information on when they would be processed or if there would be a problem.

I see this as a "who is taking responsibility" for this uncalled for problem?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 16:37

People who've declared bankruptcy in the past are free and clear...IT DOES NOT GO BACK TO THE TRUSTEE. You are being paid NOW, not then. This is about amounts that SISIP was forced to write off and the agency is the GoC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 16:19

It seems that there may be other agencies for Surviving Widows also. Unless it's those Surviving Spouses that also have a bankruptcy. Again when I talk to them today, I was assured that my file looked in order but he says that if there was any problems that could arise, only when my name came out would they be able to address these problems.
I received an e-mail today from MC in reply from one that I had sent 2 days ago and nothing was mention about widows except to tell me that they couldn't tell if I was to be process on the 15th. until they receive from SISIP.
SISIP did say today that the other agencies also consist of Veterans Affair.
They knew all along that there was Surviving families and people with bankruptcy......why the last minute?
For sure that Peter Driscoll knew since May about Surviving Spouses being paid last and he didn't do anything about it like he had told me.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 15:03

WOV , good getting answers from sisip but MC not telling anyone the answers, and they MC is putting the amendments forward, kind of fishy and doesn't pass the smell test. I know the other agencies for the bankrupts are their trustees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 14:51

CTV and CBC ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 14:26

I have contacted SISIP and was told that all is in the hand of MC. SISIP is not aware has of yet what the amendment is. The lady by the name of Michelle that would be in charge of this is not aware of anything yet. I was told that MC would be the one to question as they are the one that ask for this amendment.
Some of us Widows or Brankruptcy will take longer as other agencies have to be contacted including Veterans Affair.
I ask what those "other" agencies are and he had no clue as that's all he was told.
Also I ask him about this date, October 15th. and the agreement and he explained to me that the 15th. is the deadline for SISIP to send the paperwork and this time doesn't include the process time from MC. They call it the transfer date. I ask this guy at SISIP what was the proposed declaration and he didn't know what I was talking about.
I spoke to Kristine Hunter at MC on many occasions about widows, etc. and told her every time that I was told by SISIP that we were last to be paid and she said that she would relay the message to Peter and that it wasn't true what SISIP was telling me. At one point, I believe at the beginning of May, I sent her an e-mail and she replied that she had forwarded the e-mail to Peter which means they were aware of all this for a long time but never did anything about it till now, 6 days prior to deadline. I even spoke on the phone to Peter about all this a few months ago.

All this information from this amendment and the questions that people may have is to be directed to MC.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 13:46

You're right Navrat.

I'm about to get on the phone with SISIP and see what's happening. I cam on here right now so I can have the form in front of me......lol.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 13:36

WOV just my opinion, I believe you should get your answers from sisip because they are running this and at least they were honest with you, they told you they don't know what the procedure was with widows, so you have to give them that, also your right about the lawyers , we are paying them , and they should at least give anybody who is paying an answer , a real answer , if they don't know, then at least admit it and don't leave people hanging, it's not right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 13:07

Thank you Navrat.

I have been saying since the month of April that MC was not being truthful. I have called MC every month to find info and they kept repeating that SISIP was lying and all this while it was them. Sad that our own lawyer as not been truthful with so many of us, and not only widows. Communication as been nul with them and I really wonder why they should take the said percentage as a pay out for themselves when the work was so incompetent.
All of us as Widows and Bankruptcy people should be receiving a monetary amount for having them lied to us all this time and now, 6 months after and with the deadline in 6 days, the rule changes when all this could have been handle from the beginning. We should definitely have compensation and priority on our files.
We were all led on from the beginning.
It's sad that some of us are being laughed at when they probably think that we don't know much since our spouses have passed away. Think again.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 12:19

WOV, I remember you saying sisip told you widows were last and MC said nah that's not true. Listen to sisip they are running the show, sadly MC did not tell the truth to you or the others. It's not right!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 11:52

Here is the agenda document for todays teleconference with MC and Sisip. If I can get a copy of the attached docs that is referenced I will post.

Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties??? Agenda-page-001_zps2d42dcde

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 11:18

WOV I have been busy and just had a few min to check in before running of again,

I am sorry for what that person has done with a few hateful words.

You have been a great help to a lot of people here including me with your words and information and I thank you. I am sure I have never said it enough to every one else who builds up our hope when we need it TO YOU ALL I SAY

Thank you

Keep up the good work

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 09 Oct 2013, 00:07

Hi there WOV. Hang in there, you are almost done now. I really hope the icing on the cake is the CPI correction and subsequent repayment. I got hammered with fees and taxes etc. I do hope I can recover some at tax time. Have a good evening. We have your back.
Sapper Smile

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next