Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties???

+3
OldZipperhead
Teentitan
K9
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties???

Post by OldZipperhead Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:52

Widow of Veteran- At least it appears that you have maintained your sense of humour and I believe many of us on this site has. It's about the only thing the GoC, SISIP and the tax man could not take away. My sense of humour has been the one thing that has kept me grounded along with my family.

Keep your chin up, your day will come!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties???

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 09:31

I am so sorry Feze.....this was not my intention at all. I will remove it.
Again......my heart is with you.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 09:21

widow of vet with all due respect please refrain from graphic connotations as the one above as there are veterans such as myself who suffer from many acute psychological issues and this post has thrown me in a tail spin. Notwithstanding your situation, I hope you understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 09:06

Thank you Teen
I have done everything that you mentioned......lol.
Ohhhh, I did squeak the wheels.
Just getting frustrated because they seem to have a different  excuse all the time.

Widow of Veteran

Last edited by Widow of Veteran on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 09:55; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 08:41

Received message from Dan Wallace as to the above. The hearing has been delayed so the parties can discuss the settlement of these CPI issues. There will be a case management conference on Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 18:42

Thanks Trooper. Yes, I have confirm with MC. I've also confirm so many times with SISIP. It seemed that everybody I had talk too at SISIP wasn't making the change but it's been done and confirmed also with MC.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 07 Oct 2013, 18:40

This should be the meeting about applying the Cost of Living %'s on the "net" instead of the "gross" for each year.

As for widow's, bankruptcy, people with POA's both SISIP and MC knew this was going to be somewhat of a problem. I know it is fair WOV but SISIP has to do their job correctly or they can face a lawsuit if they do not have their paperwork in order. That's the best answer I can give you. BUT nothing says you can't call SISIP and ask them what they want as in address, death certificate, marriage certificate, last tax return info. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 17:29

Widow of Veteran, I know that sisip told you that everything is clear, but in conversation with MC today, I was told there were a lot of incorrect addresses, so if you haven't asked MC lately to confirm your address, you may want to do it now, just to be on the safe side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 16:39

I'm not sure about this but could also be.......... I found out this afternoon that SISIP is having some problems with Widows, Surviving children, etc. Some have ex's that have come in the picture, also others claiming to have access to this money, and also some that it has to be divided, etc. Some people may also have put claims against this money and the spouse or family is not aware.
I ask about my file and was told that as of today it was clear. Also was told that problems may arise only after the name as been drawn. Some people may be waiting now for this claim and not know that info is wanted. All this came from SISIP.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 16:36

It's regarding the CPI on our retro and I heard they have come to an agreement between parties so no need for further court dates just appear in front of the judge for him to rubber stamp it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 16:26

Nothing to do with me. The memo cancelling is dated 04 October and I only addressed my issue this morning. Peter did tell me this morning that he would address my issue with the Judge on Wednesday. I am guessing they are still meeting but calling it a case management conference instead of "hearing on motion". Don't know what the difference is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 15:48

Thks Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 15:39

Anyone as a clue why Oct 9th Court date cancelled by both parties??? - Page 3 DanWallaceLetterOct42013-page-001_zps1e6500da

The hearing on the motion of law was adjourned sine die (without rescheduling) as it appears all parties will be available for a teleconference or an in person meeting on Oct 9, 2013. A draft will be provided to the court sometime today as to the agenda of said meeting and if available I will get a copy of it.

I wonder if this is in respect to the recent post by Will's in respect to clients who have declared bankruptcy and how it relates to their sisip retro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 15:09

Inquiries sent, will advise if I receive any details.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 14:40

No idle, it is so clear that it is unclear. To bad OUR lawyer do not keep us informed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next