Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

+8
1sea0shell33
Panserbjørn
Vet1234
pinger
bigrex
Rifleman
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
12 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Teentitan Tue 06 Sep 2016, 22:38

veteranZZ if it makes no sense not too then why in the hell are they not at least saying "We are working on it with Manulife"?

Don't let that Liberal charm fool you. Kick their damn ass already and get a frickn' answer! It's ridiculous that we are 7/8 months after the budget and nothing has been happening on the LTD.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 22:30

I have no doubt that sisip will follow, it makes no sense not too..... just the boys in government need kick in the butt .....MB and us here are doing that!
Time will tell ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 06 Sep 2016, 21:47

The budget was read last fall. 7 months have gone by. A lot of vets have asked for answers about LTD and have received zero information.

You guys are worrying too much about the reporter then the veteran.

A reporter will ask a lot of questions first. Fact check. Confirm. Pitch it to their editor or director or news. Tell me how we could end up looking bad? The NVC vets get the raise but the LTD vets don't? So who looks bad in the public's eye? Right the lying Liberals that's who!

I read this forum and there is a lot of concerns, questions and complaining. You don't think people read this forum? You think only veterans read this forum?

Listen if you want to give JT's Liberals some slack go ahead but I am treating them just like I treated the Conservatives. I want the damn answers and I want it now.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Tue 06 Sep 2016, 21:34

I don't see the ELB to 90% being considered a win for the Liberals unless SISIP follows suit. Otherwise there are a lot of angry veterans and a good portion of the population wondering why the most severely injured veterans who couldn't even get off of SISIP LTD being screwed over.

I don't support the lack of answers at the present time, but calling for a protest to the "fact" that we have been ignored when there is still time for an announcement isn't in my opinion the right way to be heard. As Bigrex was saying, the current message just needs to be tweaked a little otherwise I believe we will lose credibility.

It seems like a ploy of "if they announce before the protest, it is because we have been heard!" Or "if they announce after the protest, it is because we have been heard". Either way he "wins". Unless of course we all lose. Which I believe will not happen. Otherwise I will be joining in the protests.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:57

Not sure about earlier suggestions and thoughts. But flat out, sisip must go par to elb. Has to.
Damn politics ! Who the hell is buying who? Pxxxx's me off to extreme. Frack !
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:51

Seems like Canadian Veterans Advocacy has entered the fray on the SISIP LTD not going to 90%

I came across an interesting document today. The NVC amendment seems to say that ELB will be retroactive to 2006 for the 20% increase (15/75 = 1/5 = 20%)!

I asked VAC about this & was told I was reading it wrong but it seems quite clear to me.

Besides, increasing the non-economic Disability Award LSA by 20% retroactive to 2006 but NOT increasing the ECONOMIC loss benefit is INSANE! They are joined at the hip!

Funny thing, ELB increased by 20% would cost WAY less than increasing the LSA. For example, the 1st 5 years ELB was $2-300 Million but LSA was $950 Million! 20% of that is $200 Million tax free payout. 20% of $300M = $60 Million! Poor use of the taxpayer's money.

Actually though, I want them to increase BOTH

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:46

I'm not say just give them the benefit of doubt, but use the press to demand answers, and then if they say that SISIP isn't going to get the increase, demand to know why. But by going public now, saying that SISIP LTD recipients are going to get screwed, without knowing whether or not that is true, he leaves the possibility of being made to look like a fool, which will only hurt his, and the CVA's, credibility on future issues.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:18

Rex I can't agree with your suggestion.

Trudeau said he would increase ELB to 90% and vets voted for him.

By not even telling us LTD vets if we get the bump is BS!

He bought votes and it's time to cash in. Or were the bought votes non-refundable because we didn't ask if the increase included LTD VETS?

Now is not the time to give the benefit of the doubt to them and wait. You know damn well this is going to turn into a FUBAR and who's going to pay? Severely injured vets that's who.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:02

Not to piss in anybody's cornflakes here but wait and shoot is not any approach I would take here it's time to hold these morons accountable for there promises they made any media coverage now is better then nothing I truly believe we have waited long ENOUPH for answers on numerous topics but yet we have heard very little it's time to lock and load and rapid fire before its to late ( just my opinion )

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:01

The problem could be that if the public, and the media, start to see veterans complaining about being denied benefits, without knowing whether or not they truly have been denied, only to be proven wrong, we could lose their support. Then if the government hums and haws about making future announcements about benefits (monthly pension)for political motivations, the media could refuse to throw their weight behind us.

But you are right about contacting the media, but instead of saying that they are being left out, say that they have received no assurances from the government that they won't be left out. It's all in how you approach the subject, that can make a significant difference.

Last edited by bigrex on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:04; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:52

Panserbjorn don't know how long you have been following vet issues but I've been doing this for 17 years and it is never a good idea to wait when it comes to vet issues.

It's hard to fight them after the fact because the bureaucratic male bovine feces roadblocks by VAC are even harder.

So I encourage everyone on LTD to start emailing newspapers and tv reporters. It's Sept and it's a great time to feed them.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:42

I believe a wait and see approach is what is best at this moment in time.

It's about a month and a half until the SISIP payments go out for October. Which means they have that long to come out with an announcement before action needs to be taken.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:27

If it attracts the media's attention, which Blais is good at, then why not jump the gun and get a Mercedes Stephenson to get up into Hehr's grill on how he is not living up to the Liberal promise of one veteran one standard.

The Libs bought the votes and it's time to cash in that purchase.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:15

I think Mike is jumping the gun on this, and should at least wait until the ELB change is enacted before crying foul. If the government came out in the next few weeks and announced the change to SISIP on Oct 1st, or somewhere down the road, he will end up looking like the boy who cried wolf. The rub of it is, I believe that Mike Blais is on SISIP, and not ELB, and therefor he has a personal agenda, that might be clouding his judgement.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 17:09

the moment came when the minister said the lifelong pension is complicated and would take time and this guy actually stated the same words along with supporting the minister against a vet after the minister was given a much needed kick in the pants . not that I don't have some time for the guy . thing is recognising you are in a fight needs to be done before the enemy is close enough to be actively stabbing you in your back not after .

welcome back to the fight mike better late than never .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next