Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Life Time Policy

+22
Panserbjørn
By the Bay
bog6
czerv
Teager
BinRat
AirLog
Supremedebater
Dannypaj
Armygunner
propat
Rubicon
SaintJohn18182
vaincre
bigrex
bosn181
Vet1234
Teentitan
pinger
Iceman
LostTrucker
johnny211
26 posters

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next

Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 16 Empty Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Dec 2017, 15:42

I saw those examples. What I am looking for is examples of a severely disabled veteran and the benefits that they could be entitled to before and after Apr 19. I want confirmation that Veterans that are currently getting CIA/CIAS ,aren't going to be losing a significant amount of money with this new plan. I am already expecting that I won't be eligible to any money under the new pension, but I don't want to lose any as well.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 15:35

And wouldn't you know it, the Ethics Commissioner releases a report today fingering Junior for ethics violations by hanging out with the Khan on his private island.

Public distracted from veteran's announcement? Check.

Trudeau said his government would be transparent. This is certainly true. They are transparent dicks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 20 Dec 2017, 15:16

Iceman wrote:the do have some samples at the bottom of the page
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/GCWeb/pdf/Veteran-Story/Lauren.pdf
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/GCWeb/pdf/Veteran-Story/Jamal.pdf

someone did not adjust the examples with value they reported this morning however, that are using 1110 (not 1150) and 1440 (not 1500) for additional pain allowance

it is interesting kind of interesting in the examples that they are using expected life of 84.

so, if someone is permanently disabled at 100% at the age of 30, and qualifies for the pension + the additional, they would get the 1150 + 1500, for the next 54 years  for a total of 1,717,200 i am assuming after 84, it continues and are only using that for an example

in addition, the way i read it for us that have already received a DA, they backdate the payments to the date of the award, then calculate what would have been paid out monthly. they then take the award payout, and subtract the monthly amount to get the "owed" back" amount. THEN, they take 84 less your current age / 12 to figure out the payback / month.
that is then taken off the monthly amount for the future

example. and using VERY rough numbers and only taking into consideration the 1150. no other allowances
let's say it is April 1, 2019 AND someone was at 50% DA and got it 10 years prior, when they were 30. ~150,000 + 2017 payback of ~25,000 for a total payout of 175,000 (again rough calcs)
now, using the new system, they should have gotten 1150 for 10 years, or 1150*10*12 or 138,000, but they got 175,000 so the difference is 37,000 owed back to GOC

but, they are now 40, so they have ~44 years of pension left to pay off that amount.  37,000 / 44 / 12 = -70.00 / month

they then would start receiving a pension of 1150-70 or 1080 / month for life

if the DA was 50%.. wouldnt they get 50% of 1150-70?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 15:00

NAVRATILOVA wrote:Thanks BigRex, your my go to man for the details lol. Too me I'm getting just a bit confused. Why does the GOC any party have to come out with such confusion.

What's the legion position on this Nav?
Where is their statement?
The minister said they consulted veteran's group's as the senior veteran's group what is their position?
Think I'll contact a lawyer for some expert advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed 20 Dec 2017, 14:52

the do have some samples at the bottom of the page
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/GCWeb/pdf/Veteran-Story/Lauren.pdf
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/GCWeb/pdf/Veteran-Story/Jamal.pdf

someone did not adjust the examples with value they reported this morning however, that are using 1110 (not 1150) and 1440 (not 1500) for additional pain allowance

it is interesting kind of interesting in the examples that they are using expected life of 84.

so, if someone is permanently disabled at 100% at the age of 30, and qualifies for the pension + the additional, they would get the 1150 + 1500, for the next 54 years for a total of 1,717,200 i am assuming after 84, it continues and are only using that for an example

in addition, the way i read it for us that have already received a DA, they backdate the payments to the date of the award, then calculate what would have been paid out monthly. they then take the award payout, and subtract the monthly amount to get the "owed" back" amount. THEN, they take 84 less your current age / 12 to figure out the payback / month.
that is then taken off the monthly amount for the future

example. and using VERY rough numbers and only taking into consideration the 1150. no other allowances
let's say it is April 1, 2019 AND someone was at 50% DA and got it 10 years prior, when they were 30. ~150,000 + 2017 payback of ~25,000 for a total payout of 175,000 (again rough calcs)
now, using the new system, they should have gotten 1150 for 10 years, or 1150*10*12 or 138,000, but they got 175,000 so the difference is 37,000 owed back to GOC

but, they are now 40, so they have ~44 years of pension left to pay off that amount. 37,000 / 44 / 12 = -70.00 / month

they then would start receiving a pension of 1150-70 or 1080 / month for life

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 14:52

Vet1234 wrote:what if i dont want the new package??  they already promised my CIA/S for life in writing.
There is a long time before this ever comes into effect and I'm sure it will be slammed nothing to worry about you get the same amount of money either way...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Dec 2017, 14:28

And it's not even like we can contact VAC for clarification, because they are all away for the holiday. So now we are left to worry about our future, for weeks, during what is supposed to be a happy time of year.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 20 Dec 2017, 14:07

what if i dont want the new package?? they already promised my CIA/S for life in writing.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Dec 2017, 13:59

Until they put out some examples of what a severely disabled Veteran could be receiving as monthly support, compared to what they will get next year, I have no reason to believe that we are not going to get screwed over.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 13:47

Well, it's YouTube and hammer and sickle moonshine time.

Later peeps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 13:45

I'm making a claim for goat ass. They want work, they'll get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 13:44

Only time will tell now Wildthing. But, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Years and years of guessing, hoping, praying, crying, anger, resentment, this list goes on.

But hey, the fat cats in Shittawa are comfortable and so are their children, so I guess we should be happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 13:41

Bruce72 wrote:Thank goodness for medical marijuana. I had a video appointment today with a new doctor because I moved to Newfoundland. He asked me what I use it for mainly. I told him it's to help control my explosive temper, which for instance almost got me arrested in the Paris airport earlier this year when I went to France for the Vimy ceremony. Don't ask what happened because I won't say.

fuck sake
did someone make a comment about your goat butt 😂

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 13:38

Bruce72 wrote:I wanted this shit to be over so fucking badly today. I can't take it anymore. I'm not complaining about my own position in terms of finances. I just wanted all this shit sorted out for everyone. And now it'll drag on for years. The new benefit structure doesn't even come into effect for another 14 months.

That's when we'll really know how much of a shit show this really is.
It is all about keeping vac employees employed and 3.6 or whatever they said will go directly to that not to veterans, feed the machine!!!
Supreme court next stop for equitas as this is easy to debunk as B'S...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017, 13:36

Thank goodness for medical marijuana. I had a video appointment today with a new doctor because I moved to Newfoundland. He asked me what I use it for mainly. I told him it's to help control my explosive temper, which for instance almost got me arrested in the Paris airport earlier this year when I went to France for the Vimy ceremony. Don't ask what happened because I won't say.

fuck sake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next