Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Life Time Policy

+22
Panserbjørn
By the Bay
bog6
czerv
Teager
BinRat
AirLog
Supremedebater
Dannypaj
Armygunner
propat
Rubicon
SaintJohn18182
vaincre
bigrex
bosn181
Vet1234
Teentitan
pinger
Iceman
LostTrucker
johnny211
26 posters

Page 27 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 27 Empty Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by propat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:09

WTF CIA and sup are already more that 1200 . so you are saying they trade CIA and sup to get a lesser amount witch would be bad but then lose the buyout as well ???? is that what you are saying nav????

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:04

bigrex wrote:Not everyone gets them, just like not every NVC vets gets those benefits, but they are entitled to apply to receive most benefits under the NVC. There are some exceptions, like PA pensioners, cannot get the FCSB, because they can get Attendance Allowance. Also, if they are at 100%, they may qualify for EIA, which would restrict them from getting the CIA and supp.
What's that got to do with the price of pigshit?
Veterans caught in the middle don't qualify for thing's on either side of the fence because were getting low percentage PA were not entitled on one side and because were getting PA period were not entitled on the other!!!
Maybe it's best to take it to court. And this salary at time of release bs everyone according to rank hell give us our rank back at present pay. I fall right in there where I'm getting kicked from both sides my ball's never seam to get a chance to heal much like my military injuries.
Let the court's see if they can sort out this gaggle "F"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 17:58

Hey, just got off the horn, new pension will replace CIA and sup! This is what they are saying. No word on grandfathering those already on it. Delay in announcement was GOC worry that veterans will go thru this change with a small tooth comb! Want to announce and forget about it.As long as ELB increases to 100 percent and for life legion will support it and that's all GOC wants. Ombudsman will also support it rumor has it. We shall see

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 17:58

yup that's correct PA and NVC vets receive virtually all the same benefits with the only significant difference being the monthly pension . using the aprox for the standard one wife 2 kids and assuming the 1200 is accurate .

the one significant difference ;;;

PA 4000 a month NVC 1200 a month .

anyone see something wrong with this???

whats the first word that comes to your mind ???

can you use that word in a sentence ??? lol

propat

Last edited by propat on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:01; edited 1 time in total

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 17:53

This is the problem too many different classes of veterans and difference of benefits for all. A very interesting thing I heard just 10 minutes ago from legion service officer. With 29000 backlogged applications, nearly half of the regular force , the GOC doesn't want to add tens of thousands and maybe 100000 extra people on pensions. Also she told me that someone in the know said and I quote' some of these veterans should realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side" which I took to mean that we should be happy with what we are getting. There is a Shute storm going on with the CVA also they are pissed and gearing up for some sort of protest , campaign.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 14 Dec 2017, 17:38

Not everyone gets them, just like not every NVC vets gets those benefits, but they are entitled to apply to receive most benefits under the NVC. There are some exceptions, like PA pensioners, cannot get the FCSB, because they can get Attendance Allowance. Also, if they are at 100%, they may qualify for EIA, which would restrict them from getting the CIA and supp.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 17:23

bigrex wrote:A cap of $1200 is an insult. They are obviously making the monthly pension so low, that they hope the majority will end up choosing the LSA anyways, because tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars is far more appealing when compared to just a few hundred dollars a month, even if for life. Under the PA, a single veteran at 100% gets over $2700/mo, and a married Veteran gets over $3400/mo. And they are still entitled to receive EELB, and CIA/CIAS, if they qualify. So I don't see how they think that $1200.mo, regardless of their personal situation, is anywhere near equal or fair.

so pa/nvc vets currently get pension and lb/cia/s?

this is soo fucked
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 17:17

With this living breathing piece of crap we could all end up living on the street's in the future !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 17:01

NAVRATILOVA wrote:The reason the liberals have to please Joe civilian is the average civilian doesn't give a damn about veterans nor the military. The liberals have never ever had a strong vote from veterans anyway so if they are seen giving too much to the veterans , military their voter base won't like it. An example of this is the fighter jet screwjob. Does anyone think those fighters will be delivered in our life time. ??? I'm telling you once they announce it , it's done. I feel damn lucky that I'm PA ! When I'm having a few cold ones at the Legion and young reserve Afghanistan veterans are sitting there I feel shiyty for the way they were screwed. But that is life, there is always winners and losers , PA veterans are winners and due to the politics of massive immigration and left wing extreme thinking veterans post 2006 are the losers in this. Also I was informed refugee receive 2500 a month for 2 years upon arrival. 1200 for 100 percent t disability is a disgrace but you all watch the GOC will spin it to make it out like it's the best thing anyone has ever did for veterans. 2019 is also werid to start it, close to the next election???? One thought for anyone considering joining , DON'T, Don't ever do it
Nav I will lose 2000 per month cia/sup I will get 300 more from 90% to 100% elb yah, no way in hell !!!
Don't get comfortable in the legion chair were coming for it.
Newly released at 100% get 1200 per month on top of elb fellas we get elb only!!!
2000 per month loss
Plus the the PA pension loss that's 4800 dollar's for those PA vet's not getting their full PA cia/ sup

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 16:56

Reading that Global Mail link, they did have this and say it it added to what you receive now..

"The pensions would be in addition to other payments currently made to disabled veterans under the New Veterans Charter including the Permanent Injury Allowance, the Career Impact Allowance and the Earnings Loss Benefit, although the terms of those benefits are expected to be revised when the pensions are announced."

Now I see 1 question is the TERMS of those benefits are expected to be revised, would make one wonder what they mean by that..

now the 2nd question is are they still gonna use the 2006 table of disabilities to rate what Life time pension you get or how are they gonna decide how much of the $1200 max do you get or
again is it rated of your Disability Amount, like you have 50% awards you only get $600 a month, tho your ELB, CIA, PIA amounts aren't changed

to much to think about have to wait for the full written article from VAC

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 14 Dec 2017, 16:56

A cap of $1200 is an insult. They are obviously making the monthly pension so low, that they hope the majority will end up choosing the LSA anyways, because tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars is far more appealing when compared to just a few hundred dollars a month, even if for life. Under the PA, a single veteran at 100% gets over $2700/mo, and a married Veteran gets over $3400/mo. And they are still entitled to receive EELB, and CIA/CIAS, if they qualify. So I don't see how they think that $1200.mo, regardless of their personal situation, is anywhere near equal or fair.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 16:46

Nav or anyone - I’m a bit more confused now, well that’s they way this fracking head is..lol, So I am one of those Vets who is under both, pa and NVC. I am 100 percent, dec. So is EELB going too 100 percent? Will we loose cia and Supp? What does it really mean for someone as my example? Could a Vet actually go down in $. I think this would cause a pr shit storm. Tks Brothers? VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 16:43

hey nav  I guess stupid is as stupid does . vets disability pension reduced from 4000 to 1200 !

that's a huge win to show the direct comparison !!!!

PA dead ???? its always alive !!!! for MPs and RCMP and always will be . as for us the PA disability for the military will return in time I guarantee it .

ya see if the politicians want something they can do it in a hurry but if we want something oh fracking boy it takes time !!!

as will this .

we have been fighting and we made headway . got the monthly we were looking for just not the right amount .

we now have that huge gift of the direct comparison 4000 to 1200 witch will make the rest of the fight far easier .

and now the fight is just about the amount and tax disposition .

one step at a time .

ya think the fight ends with this lmao aaaa NOOOO!!!! you are sadly mistaken it just gets louder and angrier . ya it will take time but we will win .

ALWAYS QUESTION ATHORITY

propat

Last edited by propat on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 16:46; edited 1 time in total

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 14 Dec 2017, 16:23

here is the thing... they can say they are giving the award to a maximum of 1200/month, but they realistically have not done anything about lifetime pension, and are just giving what they already do, just wording it differently. and THAT is something I think we can legitimately complain about and should be reported to the entire media etc.

according to VAC888e(2016-06)
Disability Award Payment Options

the options are
Please indicate below how you elect to receive your award by choosing one of the following options:*

Lump sum and annual payments - Indicate the amount of lump sum you would like to receive and indicate how many years you would like to receive annual payments: $_______ and _______years

Annual payments - Indicate how many years you would like to receive annual payments: ______ years.

Lump sum payment - If you choose this option, you will receive $_____ as soon as possible

** i think prior to 2016, you got monthly payments

IF you received 100% at one shot and selected annual payments over 25 years, you would get 14,400 / year

according to the new lifetime option being leaked ... IF you have 100%, you get 1200/month or 14,400 / year. (basically restoring monthly payments)

the only difference is that if you last more that 25 years, you get a little bit more.

(however... here is the kicker if you take 360,000 and INVEST it at a secured investment of 4%, you would still get 14,400 / year. after 25 years, you STILL have 360,000.

the government, in all their wisdom, is simply giving you the interest of a 4% investment on your money, and never giving you the money. . they don't lose a cent. in actual fact, they will be SAVING money with their new policy.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 16:12

The reason the liberals have to please Joe civilian is the average civilian doesn't give a damn about veterans nor the military. The liberals have never ever had a strong vote from veterans anyway so if they are seen giving too much to the veterans , military their voter base won't like it. An example of this is the fighter jet screwjob. Does anyone think those fighters will be delivered in our life time. ??? I'm telling you once they announce it , it's done. I feel damn lucky that I'm PA ! When I'm having a few cold ones at the Legion and young reserve Afghanistan veterans are sitting there I feel shiyty for the way they were screwed. But that is life, there is always winners and losers , PA veterans are winners and due to the politics of massive immigration and left wing extreme thinking veterans post 2006 are the losers in this. Also I was informed refugee receive 2500 a month for 2 years upon arrival. 1200 for 100 percent t disability is a disgrace but you all watch the GOC will spin it to make it out like it's the best thing anyone has ever did for veterans. 2019 is also werid to start it, close to the next election???? One thought for anyone considering joining , DON'T, Don't ever do it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next