Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Life Time Policy

+22
Panserbjørn
By the Bay
bog6
czerv
Teager
BinRat
AirLog
Supremedebater
Dannypaj
Armygunner
propat
Rubicon
SaintJohn18182
vaincre
bigrex
bosn181
Vet1234
Teentitan
pinger
Iceman
LostTrucker
johnny211
26 posters

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 26 Empty Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 20:13

True and this is why it's going to be a Shute storm next week. But do they really care, nope Nada ! They will announce take praise from legion and others then say you can't please everybody and merry Christmas. Alot of people are going to take a hit with this. Oh I also heard that the PA basic rate is going to be raised to reflec the new pension so we shall see.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 14 Dec 2017, 19:49

Even if they make the ELB and the pension tax free, Veterans will be losing money if they eliminate the CIA/CIAS to pay for it. I took the CIA amounts and punched them into an Income tax calculator, based on living in Nova Scotia. The below numbers is what is left after taxes. These taxes are based only on the CIA/CIAS, and would be different when adding ELB, CPP or other taxable income.

Grade 3 only - $599
Grade 3 / with supp - $1504
Grade 2 only - $1121
Grade 2 with supp - $1962
Grade 1 only -$1578
Grade 1 with supp - 2392

So the only recipients that will not lose money if they replace CIA/CIAS with the LLP, is those getting the lowest possible benefit, without the supplement. And that is only dependent on them getting at least a 50% pension.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 19:37

i think the best thing is to not get to upset and read to much into things lets cool our heads and see what actually comes out because i know we can all speculate on what we think it says and means but they do this to us every time a little bit of info hear and there just enough to drive us nuts hopefully we get all the answers next week

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 19:33

It is possible their trying to get a read on what vets think without slumming it by talking directly to us.
Well they got our reaction, and the wife says kick their ass she has never liked conflict but she's fed up to.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 19:23

i don't think they going to take away the cia and sup if you qualify and already on it i think you keep that if you want the lump sum or the monthly i think it will be a combo deal i can't see them taking it away i think from what i heard and read is you keep your cia sup elb but raised to 100% and the option of taking lump sum if you are new claim or taking the % as a monthly but will find out more next week i speaking for those already on it not sure what they will do to the ones that have not gotten it yet

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:49

talk about truly @#$@#$

I've got 5% Pa, 45% DA
since i am at 50%, I don't really qualify for any other benefits at all, as i am still 50% operational
since i have that tiny PA, there are a lot of DA benefits i do not qualify for.

if i had 50% pa, i would have 1350/month, more that what the goc is offering

I guess I'll take my 135 / month and when i find i can't work any more, live off of that the rest of my life. i'm sure i could find a cardboard box somewhere

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:47

nav what if you opt to take the buyout ? do you still get CIA ????

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:44

increasing the elb by another 10% even for life this is still a huge reduction in vets benefits when you take away the CIA .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:37

yaaa nav if they are going to have a big fight on there hands if what was released so far was true . but if the CIS ends as well there will be an open fracking revolt . I mean trading the buyout for 1200 is a push no real difference or improvement and for the GOC this is a no cost item . actually they would save money . so ya I think ANY GOC would do something that looks good but really saves them money . I know this because they have doing this forever .

but to reduce benefits another 1500 plus on top of that ?????

GOC responds to vets calls for monthly pension with an $1500 REDUCTION in benefits .

there will be hell to pay !!!!

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:28

NAVRATILOVA wrote:If you take the lump sum no pension for you. Think this way, no GOC is going to add 1200 a month plus ELB plus CIA and sup. It's never going to happen. The PA is grandfathered for us , thank all that is holy, maybe they will grandfather the post 2006 until 2019  with the CIA and sup but I doubt it. Also anyone who already got the award in lump sum is Shute outta luck. I expect a storm this week but the GOC is going to spin this as a win win for veterans. That's why they already released the details to Dominion command to gets the two thumbs up and I believe the legion is going to back the GOC.
individual's Will lose houses etc

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:27

They are asking and showing the details to the legion, wt-, sure they will agree with anything Vac writes up, they get funding fm them. This will cause a shit storm, as the legion crooks do not speak for Vets any longer. They have turned there backs on us, the injured..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:24

NAVRATILOVA wrote:If you take the lump sum no pension for you. Think this way, no GOC is going to add 1200 a month plus ELB plus CIA and sup. It's never going to happen. The PA is grandfathered for us , thank all that is holy, maybe they will grandfather the post 2006 until 2019  with the CIA and sup but I doubt it. Also anyone who already got the award in lump sum is Shute outta luck. I expect a storm this week but the GOC is going to spin this as a win win for veterans. That's why they already released the details to Dominion command to gets the two thumbs up and I believe the legion is going to back the GOC.
well I hope the legion has lot's of money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:23

They are spinning it as 100 percent ELB will take into account CIA and support and since it's for life the veteran will be more financially well off and secure. Only benefit they are keeping for really disabled veterans is the caretakers one since that is paid to the spouse in recognition of sacrifice for looking after veteran. RISB is toast since ELB is for life and Supplmentry retirement benefit is gone since ELB for life and indexed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:19

If you take the lump sum no pension for you. Think this way, no GOC is going to add 1200 a month plus ELB plus CIA and sup. It's never going to happen. The PA is grandfathered for us , thank all that is holy, maybe they will grandfather the post 2006 until 2019 with the CIA and sup but I doubt it. Also anyone who already got the award in lump sum is Shute outta luck. I expect a storm this week but the GOC is going to spin this as a win win for veterans. That's why they already released the details to Dominion command to gets the two thumbs up and I believe the legion is going to back the GOC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 18:16

NAVRATILOVA wrote:Hey, just got off the horn, new pension will replace CIA and sup! This is what they are saying. No word on grandfathering those already on it. Delay in announcement was GOC worry that veterans will go thru this change with a small tooth comb! Want to announce and forget about it.As long as ELB increases to 100 percent and for life legion will support it and that's all GOC wants. Ombudsman will also support it rumor has it. We shall see
Get back on the horn nav and tell them we disagree and they don't speak for us!!!
3rd party interference Will see them in court for violation of my right's. I do not give them permission to agree to anything on my behalf!!!...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next