Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Life Time Policy

+22
Panserbjørn
By the Bay
bog6
czerv
Teager
BinRat
AirLog
Supremedebater
Dannypaj
Armygunner
propat
Rubicon
SaintJohn18182
vaincre
bigrex
bosn181
Vet1234
Teentitan
pinger
Iceman
LostTrucker
johnny211
26 posters

Page 30 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 30 Empty Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by bosn181 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 20:05

i think it will be the top up of elb this way they can say sense they been in they took it from 75% to 90% to 100% get rid of the risbie and make elb for life as well i think like many others that the 1200 a month as an option instead of the 360k which if you are a young vet 1200 takes 25 years to hit 360k but will still have it afterwards all in all if these are whats truly happening its a getting better but still could do more for me i am elb cia sup caregiver vip cppd and military pension for my personnel situation i would have like to hear more about survivors pension so if something happens to me my old lady taken care of not sure of any rumours on option for those of us that had to take the lump sum and didn't have the choice if there will be something in place for that

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Wed 13 Dec 2017, 19:58

NAVRATILOVA wrote:Vac will put a statement out Monday morning, low key, just stating that they are completing their mandate promise and the Legion which represents veterans supports it. Then change topic to try and pass some last minute bills in the Senate. Nobody in Joe civilian world will care being Christmas and everything and by the time Parliament returns this will be history. Played like a professional poker player, hands down defeat for all Non PA veterans

I'm speculating that if the Legion is going to support VAC regarding their vision of the LLP; will it be the 100% ELB for life or some watered down version of it?

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 19:48

don't for get what hehr said everyone got a sob story maybe we should re write the night before xmas

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Dec 2017, 19:47

Vac will put a statement out Monday morning, low key, just stating that they are completing their mandate promise and the Legion which represents veterans supports it. Then change topic to try and pass some last minute bills in the Senate. Nobody in Joe civilian world will care being Christmas and everything and by the time Parliament returns this will be history. Played like a professional poker player, hands down defeat for all Non PA veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed 13 Dec 2017, 19:44

The thing that really gets me,
let’s continue to totally piss off the people that have been TRAINED to defend themselves and their country....

Not advocating anything, just saying....

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Dec 2017, 19:41

johnny211 wrote:Wildthing - yep live not far, but that place is like Fort Knox. And most employees there, unless your in the locked panic rm of Policy know squat about it. I just read parliament decided this afternoon to leave the house 2 days early. So there gone now till end Jan.
 So now the announcement will not have the opposition to ask ? , and little press. I truly think this is all part of there sneaky plan, because they know it’s going to be a shit storm. But we the injured have long memories. VVV...

If Parliament is off until late January, who would make the announcement about the Pension Option?

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 13 Dec 2017, 19:13

Wildthing - yep live not far, but that place is like Fort Knox. And most employees there, unless your in the locked panic rm of Policy know squat about it. I just read parliament decided this afternoon to leave the house 2 days early. So there gone now till end Jan.
So now the announcement will not have the opposition to ask ? , and little press. I truly think this is all part of there sneaky plan, because they know it’s going to be a shit storm. But we the injured have long memories. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Dec 2017, 17:34

I just hope everyone is cared for been in the position alot of vet's are in right now it's not fun. For myself I'm okay it's those struggling dealing with everything that concerns me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Wed 13 Dec 2017, 17:23

Hoping NAVRATILOVA will post today with some more information from sources about the LLP.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Dec 2017, 15:21

Johnny you live near vac, run over and pimp yourself out for info take one for the team. 😁

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Dec 2017, 07:13

The way I see it those who signed under the PA and are not grandfathered same as those receiving PA have a case separately for breach of contract. They also have a case against the legion for interfering with that contract.
This according to the definition of breach of contract is a no brainer for a class action and damages from the government & legion. Not being members
Of said legion they have no right to sign off on anything or except anything on our behalf.
Wait and see what the government purposes and
Then you Afghanistan veterans take this and lawyer up.
This is totally different from equitas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Dec 2017, 01:42

Propat they screwed a bunch of us on the elb top up.
Screwed us again on the lump sum top up.
I most certainly can see them screwing us on this !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Wed 13 Dec 2017, 00:27

this of course is bad but if true witch I doubt it opens them up to a direct comparison . pre 2006 guys get pretty much the same benefits as post 2006 except the monthly benefit ( just pulling numbers our of my but due to number of kids ) pre 2006 4,000.00 a month post 2006 1,200.00 a month . they have to know there is a pile of butt holes just like me that will be pointing this out to everyone and anyone that will listen .

MONTHLY PENSIONS FOR DISABLED VETS REDUCED FROM $4,000 TO $1,200!!!!

there is your fracking headline , main talking point , battle cry .

there would have been a loud cry among the spin doctors on the team not to do this because of this direct comparison . there is no win here for them at all. just kinda why I don't see this happening .

but then again stupid is as stupid does so we shall see .

upside if this happens its a good place to start actually a gift . not so much for the money but we will now have that simple and easy to understand caparison to show to the civies . no more weighing through calculations of so many years and such just 4000 vs 1200. people GET THAT !!!!

this could just be the beginning of the end to this fight . so if it happens be happy and cry bloody murder .

JMO

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 12 Dec 2017, 22:54

So, really, considering a da award can already be split for the number of years you specify, all they are saying is

Option a. you get the award amount
Option b. You get the award amount, split between payments fo x years you determine

Or, after 100’s of 1000’s of dollars research, now, gloriously, we give you option c
Option c. You get the award amount split between payments over 25 years.

I’m sure if you gave this task to a class of kindergarten students, they would come up with different options.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 12 Dec 2017, 22:30

Is $1200 on top of 100% ELB good? Yea but it's not a fair system. It's a rank based system which means the lower ranks will need a lot of top up benefits if the injuries are permanent.

That means no need to process applications, adjudicate, appeal. Payment would be automatic so why does VAC need so many employees to do a job where benefits are already determined?

100% ELB has always been brought up at meetings for years, and not just the Legion suggested it everyone brought it up.

The standard answer from VAC boiled down to job killer policy for VAC employees. Too many "automatic" benefits kick in and as we all know that is not how VAC works.

Besides if the Libs liked the Legion idea, as you say, wouldn't Dominion Command already know that VAC is going to go with their idea and leaked it to the press already?

Hell if VAC had an idea they already would have had the press conference to rub it into the opposition parties faces before the Christmas break.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next