Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section) 20 December 2017

+8
Dannypaj
Vet1234
AirLog
Riverlake
bigrex
SaintJohn18182
Dameon
bosn181
12 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section)  20 December 2017  - Page 7 Empty Re: IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section) 20 December 2017

Post by bosn181 Sat 23 Dec 2017, 21:59

i would love to see every vet get the help they need and everytime i meet a new vet at our osis support groups i reach out off to help anyway i can and my reward is when they get covered and i know its not perfect but it changed there lives from what they had which was hardly anything to something even though its not a good as others they can now pay rent put food on table and be able to attend more support nights cant fix all the problems of the world but i come so far myself from hiding in my basement for many years to being able to debate people on computer lol and go out in public very happy with my medical marg i can actualy walk in middle of the night to take a piss instead of having to crawl on my hands and knees most times never able to make it i have so much to be thankful for i should not be around today but i am and dam proud my docs saved me in more ways than i can say not just body but mind to so there is always a light at end of the tunnel i hope i never get back in there hope you and yours have a very special holiday or christmass find your inner peace and dont let it go

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section)  20 December 2017  - Page 7 Empty Re: IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section) 20 December 2017

Post by Guest Sat 23 Dec 2017, 21:05

bosn181 wrote:ty for starting this page scotty at the end of the day i am happy and have the same coverage as you i know there are others out there that got even more and i happy for them to its like we have the exact set up and to think we maybe getting more i am still happy my wife had to stop working last year due to cancer treatment and we lost her large income and had to rely on what i got and now she is mostly done with treatments and is now a full time caregiver and i cant be happier maybe i have a different take on life seeing what we both came through but i really could not be more happy even went out to supper with other vets for an osis dinner and had a great time so nice to see you not alone many suffer with you but yet we can all have good moments still

Thanks bosn181 i just wanted a spot where those that are content can voice there feelings too. Your brief story has a positive spin to it and it is pleasant to read. Believe me,like you, I read and feel for the other fighting for their dues. I am not here to judge just want to share my thoughts also. Thanks for your input!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Dec 2017, 20:58

Wildthing:
I am not here to defend the government and i understand the bitterness of some. I  choose to accept what i have. i know many who suffer much greater injustices. We in Canada have so much more. Politicians that lie are nothing new to any of us over the age of 18.
Its all part of the game unfortunately.
Lies work in politics some just try to lie less than others!  
We have a benefit package IF you can get the benefits in a timely manner.

We need our veterans to challenge the powers to be, to get things in the hands of the needy ill veterans faster with less hassle and more fairness.

Last edited by ScottyG on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 21:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Dec 2017, 20:36

Well without the PA alot of seriously injured vet's who got fucked on one claim or two get screwed completely, but your happy and that's all that matters.
Old Walt's happy with his mp whip pay and his huge pension too, 300k plus a year so happy he said fuck veterans. That's not me and the fight ain't about me it's about helping brother's and sister's who have taken a shit kicking from a lying useless prick that don't qualify to stand before them.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sat 23 Dec 2017, 20:16

ty for starting this page scotty at the end of the day i am happy and have the same coverage as you i know there are others out there that got even more and i happy for them to its like we have the exact set up and to think we maybe getting more i am still happy my wife had to stop working last year due to cancer treatment and we lost her large income and had to rely on what i got and now she is mostly done with treatments and is now a full time caregiver and i cant be happier maybe i have a different take on life seeing what we both came through but i really could not be more happy even went out to supper with other vets for an osis dinner and had a great time so nice to see you not alone many suffer with you but yet we can all have good moments still

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Dec 2017, 19:55

We have 10s of 1000s places in this web site  to bitch about what we are frustrated about in this government. I am hoping we can have a place for those that are actually pleased with what we have so they can voice their satisfaction without being kicked around.

Back to top Go down

IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section)  20 December 2017  - Page 7 Empty IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section) 20 December 2017

Post by Guest Sat 23 Dec 2017, 19:47

I received ELB,CIA, CIAs I am DEC plus other monies
I received 90% of my pay until 65. ( total income now until I am 65 is about 120% of my indexed release salary)
At 65 i will be cut back to 70% of what I have gotten at 64.
At 65 I will add my Cpp and Old age pension.
I get a 9000 tax deduction DTC
My huge annual med cost are paid, +++50000 per yr min
dental is paid for,
drugs are paid for
trips to and from my doctor are paid for,
grass is cut,
snow is removed,
home is cleaned.
If i do get better my education is paid for to retrain,  40000 + ( or my partner can access it)
received over $90000  DA
My partner gets $1000 tax free per month
I have multi injuries.
I know we didn't get exactly what they promised we never have from any government that has been elected in the history of time.
The law isnt on our side regarding the return of the life long pension tax free.
We lost that one.
What we can fight for is for Veteran affairs to speed up the process that what disappoints me most is the never ending delays!

Last edited by ScottyG on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 21:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7