Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

+20
Teager
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Crockett
Iceman
MikeCeeGB
Rubicon
Gunner8
Nemo
czerv
umbrella001
Zodiac
bosn181
XMedic
Rifleman
Whodunit
propat
By the Bay
johnny211
bigrex
cosmo12
24 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by Rifleman Mon 01 Apr 2019, 00:12

Still waiting I see bosn lol

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by bosn181 Sun 31 Mar 2019, 23:08

good to know i not the only crazy one here waiting lol

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sun 31 Mar 2019, 23:01

I'm here too just waiting, waiting, waiting....and waiting....forever waiting on VAC. Knowing my luck, the system will crash before I get to log into My VAC Account. I haven't had the best of luck lately.
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 31 Mar 2019, 22:43

I’m with ya Bruce sitting and waiting

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2019, 22:33

After midnight here on the Rock, and no access yet to My VAC Account.

I've been sitting here all day waiting for midnight.

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sun 31 Mar 2019, 20:01

Laughing
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2019, 19:43

AFTER A VETERAN TURNS 65 YEARS OLD
If a Veteran has a Diminished Earnings Capacity prior
to age 65 the Benefit may be payable for life. After the
Veteran reaches the age of 65, instead of 90 percent of
the release salary, the Veteran will receive 70 percent of
the amount less offsets.
I was wrong and I am glad I am!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 31 Mar 2019, 18:44

The only thing that is still unclear, for those getting the CIAS, is if the IRB is going to be the ELB + CIAS added together, or is it going to be completely separate from the IRB? Because if it's the former, that will mean that we will effectively be losing 30% of the CIAS, at age 65, as well.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sun 31 Mar 2019, 17:56

Thanks for clarifying this for me Smile
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 31 Mar 2019, 17:32

It is 70% of whatever the 90% IRB amount was, before turning 65. It actually works out to be 63% of your imputed CF income. And then they deduct your other sources of Income.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2019, 16:29

XMedic wrote:I am 64 years old and receiving EELB.  I was designated DEC in December 2018.  I will be receiving IFL at 90% until age 65 then it will switch to 70%.  On reading about the reduction at age 65 it appears to show that the 70% is calculated on the amount of net benefit amount received less offsets before age 65.  So my question is... is it 70% of the gross 90% pre age 65, or is it 70% of the 100% gross imputed salary at age 65?  Hope this isn't confusing Smile  It is just that 70% of 100% is greater than 70% of 90% before offsets.

70% of 100%

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sun 31 Mar 2019, 16:19

I am 64 years old and receiving EELB. I was designated DEC in December 2018. I will be receiving IFL at 90% until age 65 then it will switch to 70%. On reading about the reduction at age 65 it appears to show that the 70% is calculated on the amount of net benefit amount received less offsets before age 65. So my question is... is it 70% of the gross 90% pre age 65, or is it 70% of the 100% gross imputed salary at age 65? Hope this isn't confusing Smile It is just that 70% of 100% is greater than 70% of 90% before offsets.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2019, 11:40

Whodunit wrote:

"I have to say - when they refer to "broad range of problems" - when referring to Operational Stress Injury, I don't believe mental health is a problem, it's a situation. So telling someone they have a problem, isn't really providing solutions!"

I am replying that you are wrong. It's attitudes like this that stigmatize people.

Remember, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 31 Mar 2019, 10:52

Actually, changing the name from TPI (Totally and Permanently Impaired), to DEC (Diminished Earnings Capacity), opened it up to a great many more Veterans. Because under TPI, you wouldn't be able to have the ability to work part time, and still get benefits, but with DEC, you can. Also, they recognize that you can be DEC long term, but it doesn't necessarily mean forever, and will allow for Veterans to at least attempt returning to the workforce
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 31 Mar 2019, 10:40

Don’t know what the problem is 20 years infantry and I have no problem NOT this is worst then a set of orders for a platoon attack given by a ring knocker fresh out of training lmao how the hell are ya suppose to understand any of this shit spew

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next