Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

+20
Teager
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Crockett
Iceman
MikeCeeGB
Rubicon
Gunner8
Nemo
czerv
umbrella001
Zodiac
bosn181
XMedic
Rifleman
Whodunit
propat
By the Bay
johnny211
bigrex
cosmo12
24 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by Nemo Mon 01 Apr 2019, 18:07

Yep. Pretty sad that the system is crap and you can't get in. I have tried to get in all day and can't. Of course, I am under the old charter anyways so I have no urgency to see anything because my benefits don't change. Any half decent crew would be able to make the the website keep up with the anticipated demand.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by bigrex Mon 01 Apr 2019, 17:09

STEELRAIN wrote:
bigrex wrote:The money a Veteran got after turning 65 in March, is the same amount, that they would get if they turned 65 in April.

Thanks got it  BRex   BTW I hoped you smiled.
No problem Steelrain. I'm used to it, because my father was Army as well. Wink
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 01 Apr 2019, 15:44

Welcome to the Thunderdome!

Under the Current Benefits and Payment History it now states,
"We're updating the current benefits to reflect any changes as a result of Pension for Life indroduced on 1 April. Please check back again soon."

They had 4 days to make changes to the system so why do they need more time to make adjustments.... Rolling Eyes
because they gone and messed up AGAIN! Neutral
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 01 Apr 2019, 14:35

By the Bay wrote:I'm here too just waiting, waiting, waiting....and waiting....forever waiting on VAC. Knowing my luck, the system will crash before I get to log into My VAC Account. I haven't had the best of luck lately.    

After waiting for almost 50 minutes in queue and watching the website's pinwheel of death go around and around, I finally got in.....only to receive this message
Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 5 F5e5dd10

Just my luck!

Not so cheery,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 14:23

bigrex wrote:The money a Veteran got after turning 65 in March, is the same amount, that they would get if they turned 65 in April.

Thanks got it BRex BTW I hoped you smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 14:20

Now the Current Benefits section is down for maintenance on My VAC Account.

Everything looked fine earlier. Why do they do It!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 01 Apr 2019, 13:48

The money a Veteran got after turning 65 in March, is the same amount, that they would get if they turned 65 in April.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 13:24

bigrex wrote:I suppose technically it was. The CIA/CIAS was used to calculate the RISB.  But leaving the CIA ut of the equation, it would be the ELB ($5000) + CIAS ($1100) - 30% = RISB of $4270. But then the CIAS would have been deducted from that amount, so that the actual RISB payment was only $3170. So even though you still collected 100% of the CIAS, you couldn't make more than $4270. So now all they have done is skipped a few steps, but the end result will be the same. IRB of $6100 - 30% = $4270

OM good F##K! I don't understand this at all. Can you speak in TQ1 combat arms no strip private second day in basic training language, if a sailor can handle that Bigrex? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 01 Apr 2019, 13:20

czerv wrote:Now, with this new Benefits coming to life I am ... confused.
CIA? what happened to it? morphed into what payment? what is the name?
Attendance Allowance? disappeared from my calculations or 'joined' some other benefit?
EELB + CIAS? = IRB?
I have two IRBs!!! one saying IRB-Under 65 and the other one just IRB!
Disab Pension (DP) includes what previous payments?
Sorry, for this mess here but if somebody knows even one part of this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers  
CIA is now called the Additional Pain and Suffering Benefit. Not sure why that would list two IRB's but it will likely be fixed in the near future. Disability Pension, only includes any payment made to the Veteran, for a PA Pension, and the new Pension for Life, was listed simply as "additional monthly payment".
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 01 Apr 2019, 13:13

I suppose technically it was. The CIA/CIAS was used to calculate the RISB.  But leaving the CIA ut of the equation, it would be the ELB ($5000) + CIAS ($1100) - 30% = RISB of $4270. But then the CIAS would have been deducted from that amount, so that the actual RISB payment was only $3170. So even though you still collected 100% of the CIAS, you couldn't make more than $4270. So now all they have done is skipped a few steps, but the end result will be the same. IRB of $6100 - 30% = $4270
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Mon 01 Apr 2019, 13:04

Well if CIAS has been combined with the income for life benefit I'm concerned that it will be reduced to 70% when I turn 65 next April.  I was lead to believe it was protected and will be indexed. The other thing is my income for life benefit was supposed to be indexed 1% for each year until age 60 or 20 years of service.  This is not reflected in my income for life amount.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 01 Apr 2019, 12:44

Now, with this new Benefits coming to life I am ... confused.
CIA? what happened to it? morphed into what payment? what is the name?
Attendance Allowance? disappeared from my calculations or 'joined' some other benefit?
EELB + CIAS? = IRB?
I have two IRBs!!! one saying IRB-Under 65 and the other one just IRB!
Disab Pension (DP) includes what previous payments?
Sorry, for this mess here but if somebody knows even one part of this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:53

Thanks, Bruce I was stressed out so I can relax. See if you can find an expert with regards to what happens to the CIA supplement after 65. It was not an offset under the prior NVC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:42

Good to hear STEEL and bigrex.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:39

I just got in, and the PFL is only listed as additional monthly amount.  So for me, my net pay has increased by almost $400, so I can't really complain.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next