Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

+20
Teager
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Crockett
Iceman
MikeCeeGB
Rubicon
Gunner8
Nemo
czerv
umbrella001
Zodiac
bosn181
XMedic
Rifleman
Whodunit
propat
By the Bay
johnny211
bigrex
cosmo12
24 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by Armygunner Mon 22 Apr 2019, 13:27

I have asked for a lump-sum payout on a 5% award I received post 1 April 2019. VAC informed me that I'll have to fill out paperwork asking for the LS. Once I receive the paperwork I'll post a copy of the forms that need to be filled out.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by Teager Mon 22 Apr 2019, 08:32

Crockett as mentioned you can take a lump sum option but you have to request it from VAC as they automatically give the pension. Also check your decision to make sure they didn't just give you an initial award and then want to wait for a reassesment later on to decide on the rest. In the meantime you should be getting IRB. You can also apply for the APSC.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Mon 22 Apr 2019, 07:22

Don't you have the lump sum option? That would be 18,270 or more.

daverobitaille@rogers.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 3 Empty A slap in the face

Post by Crockett Mon 22 Apr 2019, 06:24

I was so excited last week when my CM told me my application was found favorable. Then on Thursday my account changed to show what I would be getting a month for pension for life...what a slap in the face. I received no information or explanation as to how they came up with a 5% figure. Two years it took for this decision and now I'm going to have to start the process all over, all while I try and live off of 100.00 per month...what a joke. Sad part is, I went through all VAC policy, worked out grade levels according to my medical records and doctors evaluation. Even their own reports as I am on the rehab program state I should not work more than part time. A fair assessment according to their own policy puts me at a grade level of 31 yet somehow I get 5.
If for some reason they turn down my DEC, I am seriously screwed. On the positive side of things, if I figure out how to live off 100.00 per month I will let everyone know, so they can put aside the rest of their money for emergencies.

Crockett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2019-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2019, 19:10

bigrex wrote:no, the new PFL pension does not include additional amount for spouses or dependants. Another let down, compared to simply returning to the PA pensions.
Thanks bigrex

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 02 Apr 2019, 18:58

no, the new PFL pension does not include additional amount for spouses or dependants. Another let down, compared to simply returning to the PA pensions.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2019, 18:01

Dropped a couple bills, was expecting that, was there any added on for the spouses or not on the new tax free amount?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2019, 15:41

Appears correct for the second time in 2 days. Shocking but if it stays I will mellow out within 24 hours.
My Rant:
SOMETIMES-MOST-TIMES I think my entire interaction with veteran affairs has been a Total Waste of several years YES years of my life. The continued total frustrating and continued f##k ups will sincerely put me in the ground several years earlier. Hell of a way for VAC to save a buck eh?
Do you know what is so F##Ked up? Smart people, wise people, intelligent people, work at VetAffCda They have VERY POWERFUL deputies, people who really know, they really do know the pain they continue to inflict they just do not seem to give a damn. OH, In order to keep their careers, they must pretend to. Just wimpy fake puppets. Real change can not happen because they are complacent and basically it leads to laziness. We need a SUPERHERO in VAC now because the ship IMO has finally sunk it ain't coming back.
Wolverine its time for NVC Part 4.

Deepest Sigh now it is off to Wally World naa its Peace Train with Cat Stevens at 123 DB and tomorrow I will apply for a hearing loss disability! NOT! LOLOLOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 02 Apr 2019, 14:46

the payments info is back up and running, and appears correct now

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeCeeGB Tue 02 Apr 2019, 12:35

VAC is basically becoming a parody. Is this seriously surprising at all? We are talking about an organization that creates a service standard, and then continually fails to even come close to meeting it. Then, they pay money to have a program written that tracks wait times. Then said wait times advance at the exact same rate as REAL TIME.

Oh, a week has passed in real time since the tool said 25 weeks? Yep, the wait time is now 26 weeks.

Why don't they man up and tell us all to just go f- ourselves?

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 02 Apr 2019, 12:29

Did they not have enough time in the past year or 2, to get it right for 1 Apr. Not getting into my vac acct, is stressing Vets out, right across the country. I’m no computer geek, but one would think some sort of trial run would have been completed on the new program. They hyped the PFL up big time for months now, and this is the result. Total bull crap..
This is something that should be in the press. Anyway that’s my rant for today..Johnny Out..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:33

I am glad I stayed with Manulife/Sisip for the big chunk of my payments. It looks like we may have some serious problems with getting payed from VAC this month.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:28

Apparently VAC hired the same IT Firm that effed up the PHOENIX PAY SYSTEM for the civil servants so god knows when we'll see the benefits page again on My VAC Account …

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2019, 08:12

STEELRAIN wrote:I can't believe this isn't working. 3 plus years, billions of dollars guaranteed all would be ready set go for April 1st. It worked long enough to mess with veterans heads and down again. The shocker is the national news didn't even mention that it is still f##ked up. Us veterans healthy or not should be writing their MPs. Enough is enough!
did you ever hear of the never-ending story? The PFL is our never ending story and it became official yesterday! MP'S are useless figure heads taking they're cut of the pie nothing more, bureaucrats run the show!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2019, 07:45

I can't believe this isn't working. 3 plus years, billions of dollars guaranteed all would be ready set go for April 1st. It worked long enough to mess with veterans heads and down again. The shocker is the national news didn't even mention that it is still f##ked up. Us veterans healthy or not should be writing their MPs. Enough is enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next