Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well?

+10
Rustytheviking
Unknown Soldier
Teentitan
Iceman
LAD
propat
SCUD
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
14 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Well? - Page 3 Empty Re: Well?

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 02 Sep 2019, 09:09

bigrex wrote:Instigate a line-by-line review of the New Veterans Charter (including the Enhanced New Veterans Charter Act of 2011), to determine which policies and programs should be retained, simplify the system and make it easier to navigate.

Increasing the pension to that of the PA, sounds pretty good, but this line causes me a bit of fear. This means that they would be looking to get rid of benefits. They could end up increasing the monthly pension by a thousand dollars, but then turn around and eliminate the APSC, or the IRB, all in the name of "simplifying" the legislation
you can guarantee there will be some robbing Peter to pay Paul, but l feel Trudeau robbed them both and then paid no one, lol.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 02 Sep 2019, 09:03

Instigate a line-by-line review of the New Veterans Charter (including the Enhanced New Veterans Charter Act of 2011), to determine which policies and programs should be retained, simplify the system and make it easier to navigate.

Increasing the pension to that of the PA, sounds pretty good, but this line causes me a bit of fear. This means that they would be looking to get rid of benefits. They could end up increasing the monthly pension by a thousand dollars, but then turn around and eliminate the APSC, or the IRB, all in the name of "simplifying" the legislation
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 02 Sep 2019, 01:28

bigrex wrote:Wildthing, I agree that VAC should back off, once a Veteran is approved for benefits, and they will, if it's clear that your condition is not a temporary situation. I have been on EELB, CIA/CIAS and Attendance Allowance, since 2012, and I have not once had to submit paperwork to prove that I am still severely disabled, or that I require the same level of CIA or Attendance Allowance. I haven't even had to do a VIP questionnaire in several years. the only interaction I have with VAC, is when I call them.
yes,but you may be the exception rather than the norm, because for every vet l talk to who says VAC " leaves them alone " , I find another who is constantly badgered with repetitive paperwork or experiences benefit cut offs etc
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2019, 00:55

What about those who signed under the PA and those contracts were not honoured.
I dont buy for one minute that democracy is a special interest groups right,
Do you agree Canada's government is De facto?
As for the PPC i like the majority of they're platform, and how fast and how big and quick they have grown, i am not partisan so im all ears on what makes sense accross the broader range of issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 02 Sep 2019, 00:27

Here's the veteran platform from the PCC

Issue

The Canadian Armed Forces has a proud history and is one of the most capable and respected military forces in the world.

Unfortunately, successive Liberal and Conservative governments have largely chosen to forget this proud history. They have starved our military forces of funds, equipment and support, and broken their trust with those who made an exceptional personal commitment to put life and limb at risk in the interests of the nation.

The backbone of any military is the character of the men and women who serve. The fastest way to demoralize and undermine a country’s military is to fail to look after injured soldiers when they return home or to provide for the families of those who did not make it back.

Facts

Until 2006, veterans injured or disabled during military service received a tax-free lifetime disability pension under the Pension Act, as determined by a veteran’s disability assessment, including support and survivor benefits for spouses and dependent children.

On April 1, 2006, the New Veterans Charter replaced those pensions with a one-time lump sum disability payout that is wholly inadequate, leaving many injured and disabled veterans in dire financial straits. It created two classes of veterans.

The Trudeau government campaigned on the re-establishment of a lifelong disability pension, a “Pension For Life”, which actually amounts to a hodgepodge of existing benefits recycled and repackaged as something new. The Parliamentary Budget Officer has calculated that the Pension for Life provides the average veteran lifetime payments less than one third of what would have been provided under the Pension Act. Moreover, it has become increasingly difficult for veterans to navigate all the programs and obtain the benefits they are entitled to.

When a veteran who had lost a leg asked Justin Trudeau at a Town Hall why his government was still fighting veterans groups attempting to get the support they were promised, Trudeau said: “Because they’re asking for more than we are able to give right now.”

Our plan

The government of Canada has an obligation to honour the nation’s sacred commitment to our military men and women and make sure our veterans receive the support they deserve.

A People’s Party government will:

Recognize and respect the unique sacrifices of those who serve and have served in Canada’s Armed Forces.

Enshrine in legislation the country’s obligations to our veterans in a Military Covenant between the government and those who serve in the Armed Forces.

Reinstate the fair disability pension as previously provided for by the Pension Act. The pension will apply retroactively to 2006 and lump sum payments received since then will be treated as advance payments.

Instigate a line-by-line review of the New Veterans Charter (including the Enhanced New Veterans Charter Act of 2011), to determine which policies and programs should be retained, simplify the system and make it easier to navigate.

Reemphasize the legislative guarantee of the “Benefit of doubt” standard under the Pension Act.

Platform: https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/platform

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 02 Sep 2019, 00:25

Wildthing wrote:Po
Sorry Teen i don't buy that expanation as to why veteran's didn't get a vote, this was purely backroom deal making and extremely fast execution by the De-facto parliamentarians of the day!

It's very true.  

Like I said ask yourself if the veteran community had a vote on benefits then wouldn't there have been a huge outcry from our Union reps when the NVC was introduced?  Wait veterans don't have a union rep because veterans are not unionized like the RCMP.  The RCMP union heads were briefed about the NVC months before it was introduced to the veterans.  The NVC was so bad to the RCMP union reps they didn't even take it the members of the union (RCMP) to vote on it.

We never had input or a vote on pay raises, financial benefits, etc when we were still in uniform so why would we get a vote when we took the uniform off?

You are correct on the backroom deal though because the Liberals did not take any suggestions from the Advisory Groups they created back in 2016.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2019, 00:04

Politcians
RCMP
Veterans
One comment mentioned out of these three Federal agencies only veteran's and serving soldiers are not
Afforded democracy, and that because of a union that is the reason.
NDHQ, the top brass the go between from soldier to politician could not say hey wait a minute this is unconstitutional. Nope constitution applies to the koolaid flavor of the day!
There was a time when i first joined top brass protected the soldier and would never have allowed this to happen!!!
Sorry Teen i don't buy that expanation as to why veteran's didn't get a vote, this was purely backroom deal making and extremely fast execution by the De-facto parliamentarians of the day!
There is absolutey no disputing we have a De facto government in Canada and there is no disputing Britain has a De facto government which is in place to keep control, and was why politicians won't do a full sepation from the crown to democracy. De facto is a centuries old system of government to keep the elite government and otherwise in control and give the PMO ultimate true and just power over all, the democrats in the US want that same power and have gone full blown mentally nutbar after Trump was elected, funny and scary at the same time. I don't know about the rest of you but the mentally unstable behaviour coming out of the PMO is not funny to me it's down right scary period...
If this liberal government hasn't demonstrated how dangerous De facto can be with the wrong leader in place imagine hypothetically if the Islamic party of Canada gets voted in a few decades from now as patriotism and nationalism continues to decline for globalism!
Was i dreaming when i heard Trudeau call us the first post national state of the UN and globalism, isn't that where our interest payments go now global banking. He has signed over immigration and after the election is signing over gun privileges. Another thing to consider this election do you want to remain a sovereign country or become a globalist state turning over everything piece by piece because according to trudeau and his father before him there is nothing more grotesque as an all Canadian boy or girl of any color etc etc etc etc, and old especially white Canadians need to be extinct. I could post the links of his interviews when im able but they have been all over social media!
Everyone in this country should IMO be very concerned.
Veteran's issue's are important to us,
Being a country and being Canadian being able to keep my values without being called names or having idiotic condition forced upon us like them buisness women in BC who refuse to shave a transvestites nutsack and forced into court to lose everything is insanity!
Told my liberal MP if he or trudeau shaved that transvestite on main stream meadia i would vote for them, lead by example i told him.
Apparently im not voting liberal, due to the silence and no returned comment on his fb page.
Veteran's issue's yes.
Common sense and our country going forward is also a factor of serious consideration IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 23:33

All the parties suck, and will lie to get elected. It's just the trick of figuring which one will suck, and lie the least, after the election. We know how bad Harper was, and we know how bad Trudeau has been, but we don't know how bad Harper could have been, if he had remained in power for another 4 years.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 19:44

Rex the threat is real, PFL, NVC, is designed and refects an insurance claim much like SISIP, which was changed in 95 from life till 65 and a big policy push to remove veterans from SISIP was undertaken and many were!
PA is total security never wavering, wasnt perfect but was security!
Unknown soldier you are correct in reference to the oil patch, in 20 years an individual could easily retire a multi millionaire. Worked there till my injuries forced me out no problem banking 10k a month in 1995 i was so pissed and depressed for giving health and life to the ungrateful...

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 19:27

bigrex wrote:Well if the Tories promised to bring the PFL pension,closer in line with amounts offered by the Pension disability pension, I would definately take a look. Especially if the Liberal say that they are happy with where veterans benefits are, at the moment. But during the last election, both the Tories and the NDP, said that they were happy with the NVC, as it was, in spite of Veterans fighting in court, over its inadequacy. and the Liberals took advantage of that. But now there is a lot of displeasure over the PFL (PSC amounts, and the elimination of CIAS, in paricular), so only time will tell if the Tories will try to play into that displeasure, or not, in their platform.
well see. Society is supposed to learn from its mistakes is it not, but it never seems to. I think by now all parties know what carrot they need to dangle in front of veterans to coerce them to nibble, but who will actually follow through. You can guarantee the next politician who says they are going to introduce some form of PFL is going to get grilled to no end at townhalls and by the media to explain exactly what they mean when they say they are offering a “ Pension For Life”. Regardless, what happened already has been very damaging to the armed forces in my opinion, I mean, you can peel back the layers over the years and say the PC s did this and the NDP did that to the military but never before have heard so much disdain  for the currently government. soldiers have disliked PM s in the past for making cuts, but I’ve never seen it so bad that soldiers are telling their sons and daughters to steer clear of the military as a career, because they know if they get hurt, VAC will not genuinely cover them for “Life”. , just in terms of numbers with out looking at the various disability charts , if l knew my son was only going to get roughly $350000, for losing his limb , ld be telling him to go up to the oil sands instead, he’d have that same amount in under 5 years. If a person goes to war for their country and comes back on a stretcher , their country should look after them til the day they die, it’s comm sense, it’s just the right thing to do. This argument of politicians using double speak to get elected doesn’t make it right, the military can’t form a union, but I think that’s what stops the RCMP from getting railroaded.

Last edited by Unknown Soldier on Sun 01 Sep 2019, 20:04; edited 2 times in total
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 19:19

Wildthing, I agree that VAC should back off, once a Veteran is approved for benefits, and they will, if it's clear that your condition is not a temporary situation. I have been on EELB, CIA/CIAS and Attendance Allowance, since 2012, and I have not once had to submit paperwork to prove that I am still severely disabled, or that I require the same level of CIA or Attendance Allowance. I haven't even had to do a VIP questionnaire in several years. the only interaction I have with VAC, is when I call them.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 19:04

Before the NVC was enacted, Veterans were complaining that it didn't provide supports for retraining, and loss of employment opportunities. So they brought in the NVC, which addressed those specific concerns, but undercut the pain and suffering compensation. Now the PFL , offers all of it, but falls short in almost every aspect, other than making IRB a lifelong benefit, and making the APSC a disability benefit, instead of a financial one.

So IMO, the perfect solution, is a disability pension akin to the PA, for pain and suffering. The APSC, to compensate for non-economic losses due to the disabilities. The IRB to compensate for economic losses, associated with the disability, and the FCRB or AA, to compensate our families, for the assistance that they have to provide to use, because of the disabilities. Taking the best aspects of each of the legislation, to offer the most comprehensive set of benefits, for all Veterans, not just the most severe cases.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 18:59

It's more than just the money rex, it's the freedom PA offers, the ability to live where you want, the security of never having it taken away from you, also never dealing with policy changes and hoops!
There is no comparison, if a veteran 100% PA said shove your policy change PA could not be touched and that veteran would be just fine on PA alone!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 18:41

Well if the Tories promised to bring the PFL pension,closer in line with amounts offered by the Pension disability pension, I would definately take a look. Especially if the Liberal say that they are happy with where veterans benefits are, at the moment. But during the last election, both the Tories and the NDP, said that they were happy with the NVC, as it was, in spite of Veterans fighting in court, over its inadequacy. and the Liberals took advantage of that. But now there is a lot of displeasure over the PFL (PSC amounts, and the elimination of CIAS, in paricular), so only time will tell if the Tories will try to play into that displeasure, or not, in their platform.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 18:33

bigrex wrote:It is correct, just that most veterans do not get all the available benefits. All the numbers, other than the IRB, are directly from the VAC website.

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/resources/rates

Rex so you believe everything VAC publishes is correct and Gods word. They have been proven wrong and taken to court numerous times  and made to pay for their miscalculations.  

We are not talking about car salesmen tactics here but one would almost think so.  You stated that not all veterans receive those benefits, doesn’t that strike a cord in your beliefs that perhaps the system is rigged and not fair to all types of Veterans.

I am promoting that we can have a better system that works for all and it doesn’t include the PFL and NVC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum